Lfc season ticket waiting list letter! - Who has had one, dated : april 2011?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Sorry folks but as general discussion topic....

I put myself on the LFC season ticket waiting list in 2003/2004, when Mr houllier was in charge and never stuggled to get a couple of tickets here and there for home games with consumate ease, despite never having a season ticket in the past.

TBH forgot all about my position on a waiting list for a season ticket, as the rumours of 20,000 plus on the waiting list, and lack of new 60,000 stadium on stanley park all but dashed my hopes of ever getting one!

Suddenly, out of the blue,this week, our managing director, Mr. Ian Ayre, has sent me a letter, saying , after 6 years or so, do I still wish to remain on the season ticket waiting list!, and if so, can I please pay Five pounds! or they will remove me from the list!

strange, I aint heard a whisker from our great club in terms of match tickets, but they seem to be requesting all of a sudden, a £5 fee from about 25,000 fans who are on the list, to be published online soon!.

Just wondered if any of you newkit members (based in UK) have recieved a similar letter recently, and what you make of it!?

£5 quid out of 25,000  fans or so, is about £125,000 revenue for LFC.

I have been on on season ticket waiting list for about 7 years and not heard a whistle, all of a sudden it's time for me to stump up £5 quid to remain on this list!

And if I don't register with my £5 pounds by 28th April 2011 - I WIL BE REMOVED FROM THE LIST! Does that sound like extortion!!??

i smell a money making machine!

I feel the LFC board are sitting there, thinking of new ways to fleece the fans of cash? It has never cost me a dime to be on the list for 7 years, now its £5? with no Guaruntee of any season ticket anytime soon? !

Watchdog Alert???
:eyebrow
Joeblackisachimp

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 pm

sounds ominous. Maybe they're checking how many people are serious about it with regards to expanding Anfield or moving ground? I'm just having a punt btw

I don't like the idea of our owners fleecing the fans tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 pm

It could be a scam.  People will send out 100 of thousands of letters to possibly all LIverpool fans.  You'd be surprised how people can get information like that.  But some people would just send that and you end up sending a random person 5 pounds. 

I'd just call the site or something and see if you can get somebody to tell you something about it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 pm

It's not a scam , it's on the offal . Basically LFC waiting list is so vast and big it needs to be cleaned up . This is a way of a)cleaning the list up (see if you want to remain on it by paying your £5) and B) making a few quid for the club at the same time .

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....-update

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that letters to those supporters who applied to be on the Season Ticket Waiting List before April 2004 have started to be distributed.

The letters are being sent in stages over the coming weeks, allowing us to handle your responses as quickly and efficiently as possible.

You can check to see if you are part of this initial mailing by using our look up tool here.

The final batch of letters should land with supporters by the 14th April 2011, so we would ask you to be patient and to not contact us about non receipt of letters until after that date.

For answers to FAQs please click here.

Hope that helps chaps.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:25 am

So what exactly do you get for your £5 ? ???

I imagine this is to cover the cost of sending letters, admin etc........

Its a poor show though when LFC concoct a reason for checking if fans might still be interested whilst having nothing to offer them in return. Its not like their suddenly going to spirit a few thousand seasies out of nowhere !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 am

£5 is hardly extortion FFS!

I imagine, with the size of the waiting list, that clarifying who actually still wants a season ticket is a useful activity. That £5 will shoot up the waiting list if anything, clearly worth it.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

thanks for any info guys.

Fairplay, if they are just cleaning up the list.

having been on the list since 2003, you don't hear any news about season tickets, how many come avialable each year, or even where you are on the list! now this.

I'll pay the five quid, i just hope they don't write in the summer and start saying...."to remain on the list all season ticket waiting list fans must now also pay a £30 per season membership, or go to so many home games a season etc." in a bid to raise revenue.

that will just not do.
Joeblackisachimp

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:£5 is hardly extortion FFS!

I imagine, with the size of the waiting list, that clarifying who actually still wants a season ticket is a useful activity. That £5 will shoot up the waiting list if anything, clearly worth it.

not if 20,000 all renew...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 am

dawson99 wrote:

Gotta agree SCS. The season ticket list is by all accounts in a mess. Easiest way to sort out who actually still wants to be on it is to get people to commit by paying a nominal sum of money. A fiver is nothing, but it reaffirms peoples commitment to actually take up a ticket if offered. Good move by Ayre IMO.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

when i gave up mine around 1997 i was told that my name woukd go back on the list, in 2002 i got a letter saying my name had made it to the top and do i wish to take it up, i said no. in 2004 i got another letter saying my name had nade it to the top of the list again, i then ask my name to be taken off the list, was there something about me once being an ex holder that let me get to the list faster?

over the last few years it seems strange that i got to the top of the list that fast when overs had been on it for 10 years.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

fivecups wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Gotta agree SCS. The season ticket list is by all accounts in a mess. Easiest way to sort out who actually still wants to be on it is to get people to commit by paying a nominal sum of money. A fiver is nothing, but it reaffirms peoples commitment to actually take up a ticket if offered. Good move by Ayre IMO.

yeah if you give most proceeds to charity or something... if it just dissapears in the admin costs its a complete farce
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:41 am

Its not just a fiver though is it? if you add the rest of what you are paying for regarding tickets, travel, programs and food, I would say the average supporter is paying a fair amount already. And thats not taking into account the merchandise that is bought.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Kharhaz wrote:

Its not just a fiver though is it? if you add the rest of what you are paying for regarding tickets, travel, programs and food, I would say the average supporter is paying a fair amount already. And thats not taking into account the merchandise that is bought.

The way I see it, it is a one off designed to rationalise the waiting list. I imagine there are loads of names on that waiting list who are either no longer interested or no longer with us (RIP whoever you are).

If you look at it closely, by paying your £5 you are reconfirming your place on the list. All those ahead of you who don't pay up for one reason or another get dropped from the list. For £5 you get closer to your season ticket. Simples.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Thats bl**dy awful is that, you have to pay for the pleasure of such poor service and commercial mismanagement? ???

I see Ayres learnt well from T&T.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Reg wrote:Thats bl**dy awful is that, you have to pay for the pleasure of such poor service and commercial mismanagement? ???

I see Ayres learnt well from T&T.

What could you buy with a fiver when you was a lad Reggy?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion