Life changing decision - New path

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks Nan I am glad my posts have the desired effect ,Cheers girl :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 pm

RBG You didnt have to open your heart - but i for one am glad you did. Good thread this, lets have more of em i say.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Thanks Red
I was honest in the hope other posters would realize how unforgiving following this team we love can be ,and how in some cases it can become a black hole, and have a detrimental effect on relationships and the people we care about.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:16 am

red37 wrote:RBG You didnt have to open your heart - but i for one am glad you did. Good thread this, lets have more of em i say.

Sadly Red it seems its usually all the argumentative threads ,and ones that engage in useless and futile debate that have the most posts.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 am

You must have some great memories of your trips though an i for one would love to hear them, most prob were share some of them memories throughout the years, if you can understand what i mean
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:38 am

Understood Nan , :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 am

I think everyone should share what memories they have with the club, its heart warming to know people have been through similar experiences. I like threads like this, brings us all together, even when its all kicking off in other threads :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:44 am

Greavesie wrote:I think everyone should share what memories they have with the club, its heart warming to know people have been through similar experiences. I like threads like this, brings us all together, even when its all kicking off in other threads :D

Erm why arnt you in bed youve got to get up early to study. you wont be passing no exams being up this late , off you go an get your brain sleep,   :nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:48 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I think everyone should share what memories they have with the club, its heart warming to know people have been through similar experiences. I like threads like this, brings us all together, even when its all kicking off in other threads :D

Erm why arnt you in bed youve got to get up early to study. you wont be passing no exams being up this late , off you go an get your brain sleep,   :nod

Yes Nan  :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:53 am

My Daughter is on the Carnage bar crawl in Town  and she's in College later ,Im waiting up for her listening avidly for her taxi pulling up .
She's apparently to old for me to pick up now and would sooner share a cab with friends (Independance its a killer !)  ???
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 am

Red, the love of LFC is like any relationship, has its ups and downs and can become too intense. Sometimes the relationship becomes strained and a whilst a divorce is not needed, a cool off period is. I started going to the games back in 77/78 and was a fanatic until Heysel. It was the only round I didnt go to because of university exams. I was shocked at the loss of life. I rejected everything Anfield stood for right there and then and didnt go for 10 years. I took a casual interest in the scores and kept abreast of developments but refused to get drawn into it.

I was offered some tickets a few years back and went. The good times flooded back and my love of the club is greater now than it was. But I neded 10 years away to recalibrate my relationship with LFC.

Take some time off mate, dont rush it and when you're ready you'll enjoy your own involvement more.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:31 pm

:bump This thread needs bumping it brings a nice warm glow on here :nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 pm

fu.ck me mate football is a passion and it hurts sometimes but the good thing is theres always another game/season around the corner

dont take something you love out of your life because your partner, family, freinds dont undertsand it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:49 pm

You family and happiness in life must always come first RBG - if it makes you happy then you made the right choice hands down .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:51 pm

RedBlood wrote:fu.ck me mate football is a passion and it hurts sometimes but the good thing is theres always another game/season around the corner

dont take something you love out of your life because your partner, family, freinds dont undertsand it

just a question here an im not being sarky or nasty .an no way im i inferring some are better fans than others  when i ask this but do you live in Liverpool an do you go the match on a regular basis. Because it does make a big difference to your personal life if you do. And prioritys and all.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion