After 10 games is lfc in the right path ?! - The rafalution

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:45 pm

Eazy, Stop dreaming that team has no teeth and is as lose as an attack of diarrhoea at the back.
Come January, some of the above boy's will be off to pastures new and be replaced by some sterner stuff.  :cool:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:52 pm

I think Rafa's started really well. Lets be honest, he's got some dross to work with, imagine where we'd be if he hadn't brought in Alonso, Josemi and Garcia? It doesn't even bare thinking about. Away from home we've not got going but Chelsea on Sunday is the latest of five really tricky away games. We probably need to play Palace or Southampton or somebody to get the ball rolling. On the tactics, we know they work, he's just won la liga twice in three years with an unfashionable club. It's not the tactics which need to adapt, its the players. Don't tell me we've got to work with what we've got either. It's not as if what we've got was any good so lets be patient and stick with the zones, 4-4-1-1, passing to a bloke who's got the same colour shirt on as you etc etc.
My one quibble is the goalkeeping situation. Dudek better than Kirkland? just can't see it meself. ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 pm

The Olympiacos fiasco was the last type of game we needed prior to facing Chelsea. We will get a good indication of how good Rafa is at motivation, team selection and tactics on Sunday !
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 pm

Lets face it Red, we'll have our work cut out big-time to any type of positive result on Sunday. Like it or not, Chelsea are one of the big boys right now, we go there as massive underdogs. Even if we went down by the odd goal but managed to get some cohesive play together it would be a step forward. Who knows, my mate Cisse might even do the biz! :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion