After 10 games is lfc in the right path ?! - The rafalution

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redtribe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:01 pm

A reason he may not have changed over tactics is because he wants to impliment his own tactics and to persivere with them will mean the team learns his way of playing!
This is why some people say he needs time because of this! It will take time and a few bad results for the team to get his way of playing
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:12 pm

It would be a disaster if we failed to progress in the Champions League because we are still experimenting with tactics. :O
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:47 pm

Still??
10 Games so far!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:52 pm

Redtribe wrote:
zarababe wrote:The boss' strategy for getting the team right is well on its way... he still rates performances at 60% .. he's assessing and learning all the time.. and the new players have already made a positive impact.. more than can be said for the combined number of previous signings..

If you here his post match interviews.. he doesn't duck from the tough issues and tells it like it is..

He will come good for us and if we are able to strengthen in the Jan open window.. we will continue on our journey to achieving success .

I think we should have a trejectory thread .. showing progress .. measuring improvements and seeing the difference overall.. but that's probably too much for this fine forum of ours .... :)

Well Zara do it

Be bold

And do it!

I assume you refer to my suggestion of Trejectories ?
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:53 pm

Redtribe

I accept all of what you say but wasn't there too much money at stake to try it in Athens, surely there are games in the future we could try out on.

And this doesn't explain the lack of initiative at free kicks, poor corners and even throw ins with Riise throwing it long from his own half to a man heavily marked just past the half way, the odds where just stacked against him.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:34 pm

zarababe wrote:
Redtribe wrote:
zarababe wrote:The boss' strategy for getting the team right is well on its way... he still rates performances at 60% .. he's assessing and learning all the time.. and the new players have already made a positive impact.. more than can be said for the combined number of previous signings..

If you here his post match interviews.. he doesn't duck from the tough issues and tells it like it is..

He will come good for us and if we are able to strengthen in the Jan open window.. we will continue on our journey to achieving success .

I think we should have a trejectory thread .. showing progress .. measuring improvements and seeing the difference overall.. but that's probably too much for this fine forum of ours .... :)

Well Zara do it

Be bold

And do it!

I assume you refer to my suggestion of Trejectories ?

Errrrm

Yes!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:45 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Redtribe

I accept all of what you say but wasn't there too much money at stake to try it in Athens, surely there are games in the future we could try out on.

And this doesn't explain the lack of initiative at free kicks, poor corners and even throw ins with Riise throwing it long from his own half to a man heavily marked just past the half way, the odds where just stacked against him.

Yes youre right that the money is important and the team underperformed massively!
But i feel its because they are not confident in what they are doing, i.e. the new tactics!
Again the word time comes up!
And if players still cant pick it up then we have to look elsewhere!
But after 2 games we still sit in 2nd place so lets not get too downhearted just yet!
And try and give as much support as we can so they dont feel under pressure more then they already are!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:50 pm

the great one wrote:we certainly need strengthing we need a attacking midfilder as a diffrent option sorry to say this but someone like aimar i know i said i dnt want no valencia players but aimar rafa knows him well from the tenerife days.

i know where you're coming from. maybe nunez will be that man. we don't know. nobody's ever seen him play. ???

although i do have to admit, i watched the olympiakos game and looked at our midfield. warnock, hamann, alonso, finnan.

i thought "where the hell are the goals gonna come from? :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:55 pm

My take is that Rafa's all rite (actually he is the best we got), but the squad needs changing. GH was here for 6 yrs. Rafa can't change the way we play in a few months.......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfc4life » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:22 pm

The competition has upped the ante. Liverpool must up the ante! The stats are not important, what is important is how far are we from the competition?! The Man U games and Olympiakos games were so embarassing I wanted to cry!!! :angry:
lfc4life

Postby whylongball? » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 pm

Redtribe wrote:Still??
10 Games so far!

i think 10 games are not a lot to change from long ball style to more grounded passing and movement game.
whylongball?

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:54 pm

lfc4life wrote:The competition has upped the ante. Liverpool must up the ante! The stats are not important, what is important is how far are we from the competition?! The Man U games and Olympiakos games were so embarassing I wanted to cry!!! :angry:

Absolutely right, Those two games have brought it home to me, ''we are not at the races'' !!
We don't have much time to get it fixed, for different reasons our main competition are already a lap ahead of us.
I had the un-enviable pleasure of being able to watch both the Manu game and the Liverpool game at the same time on Tuesday night. As Liverpool were on the slide, Manure were on the rampage, as Rooney knocked in his first goal, Dudek was trying to grab fist fulls of Greek air as the ball flew over his head into the net. It sure brings it home to you, how far we have let things slide, we were chite !!   :Oo:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:09 pm

I don't rate Souness but he's managed a miracle at Newcastle (in the short term) so perhaps that leaves Raf a long term prospect?

Redrider

Yer've put forward a convincing argument there and have pursuaded me to change me mindset.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:23 pm

Kinda, what the hell are you on about?  Have you taken your pills tonight ?

Newcastle have not been tested yet and they will surely struggle when the going gets tough !!
The sad point about our current level of performance is that we will viewing the likes of Newcastle as our main contenders for 4th spot again, instead of being up their 'fighting the big dogs'

PS. Stop joining in on my threads, I have been accused of being you and had the moderator barking at me !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Eazy-E » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:35 pm

This should be the team:

Kirkland
             Carragher                              Hyypia
Josemi                                                              Riise

Alonso
Nunez                                                               Kewell/Garcia
                                     Gerrard
                    Cisse                            Baros

I really do think that Xabi and Gerrard will be the best midfield pairing by Jan 1. Also Cisse/Baros should definitely be playing together all the time. Rafa's style is brilliant a barrage of attacks allways has to get something however we have to scrap this zonal marking implied we've lost games to Man Utd + Olimpiakos because of this. :blues:
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion