El Hadji Diouf
No votes
Steven Gerrard
65%
Other
8%

Total votes : 26

Postby HistoryGirl » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:17 pm

Who do you think will Liverpools best player in this season?

Opinions please

Thanks

HG
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bk » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:56 am

2002/2003 session......there was no LFC player out-standing performance..that was why LFC finished 5th in EPL, won only League Cup.......

anywhere.....if have to choose among the players...i think the player is Steven Gerrard.............
bk

Postby Alex from Manchester » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:15 am

Heskey  :D
Alex from Manchester

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:16 am

its very hard to say who the best player was, they were really very even and very up and down...i think that the biggest improver and the best step forward was taken by baros...i think given he improved his performance from the previous year, he's the one i would nominate...

alex
bugger off will u
manc low life scum!
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:58 am

I THINK ID GIVE IT TO HYPPIA BUT BAROS COMES CLOSE WITH OWEN 3RD :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:09 am

hyppia is definitely the best and most consistant...
my point about baros was that if we rated all our boys from 0-10 a few seasons ago and then did the same last season, baros would have the biggest increase in rating although hyppia would clearly have the highest rating...
infact, if u picked a world 11 right now, u would just about name hyppia in that side...
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:44 pm

The best player last season was Owen,he scored goals in the most defensive side in the top half..often from nothing. Gerrard had a brilliant last third of the season when he nearly dragged us into an undeserved champions league slot.I think Hyypia struggled last season partly because of Henchoz missing but also he looked  really vulnerable when players run at him.Owen equalled his best ever goals total in a season when he started slowly and we didn't create anything for him. Has to the little man.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:03 pm

u know what ace
u make a pretty valid case for owen
and i guess im pretty hard on him cause i expect him to do as well as van nistelroy...often though, when we needed him, he wasnt there...and we were eliminated when we shouldnt have been, but i probably over rated hyppias last season...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:45 pm

OVERRATED HYPPIA? NO WAY MATE, LAST SEASON HE GAVE US EVERY OUNCE OF HIMSELF ALTHOUGH ON SOME OCCASIONS HE MAY OF GIVEN TOO MUCH IN THE WRONG WAY, HE IS DEFINATLY THE BEST PLAYER." HONEST" "RELIABLE" "SOLID" I DONT THINK HE STRUGGLED AT ALL WITH PLAYERS RUNNING AT HIM HE LOOKED LIKE A BARRIER TO ONCOMING STRIKERS, INFACT I CAN NOT THINK OF ONE OCCASION WHEN ANY PLAYER WENT DIRECTLY THROUGH HIM TO GO ON AND SCORE AGAINST US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF U CAN LET ME KNOW WHO N WHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C U SOON..............................  ???
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:08 am

I have to say Sami is never happy when Henchoz is not playing.And there were games when Hyypia was struggling.He tends to hit the ball long on too many occassions and Ithink Stephane Henchoz is the better defender.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:27 am

NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:03 am

lads
lets get some perspective
hyppia is a world class last man
and henchoz is a world class stopper
together they are one of the best outfits going round, world wide.....
hyppia didnt have his best year last season, although he wasnt necessarily bad...he was probably at 85% and that may have had much to do with henchoz missing...we have seen him a little more composed...
if theyre together next season, we'll return to being the best defence in the league statistically again...
and thats what we all want...

i personally think, hyppia is the most reliable of all our players in terms of form and consistancy...he rarely puts in a really bad game or gets out and out beaten...
can anybody really dispute that?
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:06 pm

Crystal Palace in the f.a cup Julian Gray tore him apart leading to Henchoz's own goal. I don't want to criticise Sami as i think he's been the best buy GH has made and one of the clubs best EVER,i just think last season was a struggle for him but i am certain he will be back to his solid reliable best this season. The team in the whole performed  badly last season putting added pressure on the big man without his partner he had to virtually deal with everything..so he's not totally at fault not many defenders could have performed for half a season with Traore as a partner..that is a fact.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adebisi » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:48 pm

Murphy was easily most consistant player throughout the entire season, so he gets my vote.

everyone else had bad patches of form or injuries.
Adebisi

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:59 pm

murphy didnt make enough of a difference
he scores some pretty nice goals every now and then but really doesnt make a difference most of the time...
he may have been solid, without being a star and we need stars...players who will make a difference...i like murphy as a back up midfielder...
jaypap

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion