Letter from luis garcia - Absolute class

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:47 am

I dont ever remember a oversea's player ever doing this made me feel warm inside and miss him even more .

I have spanish friends thay are lovely warm people (mostly).

I think this letter shows what a top bloke he is and very clearly we must have a great club for players to feel they want to do this all around a great little piece of history.

Thanks mate good luck in the future i hope you last years in spain bring you much happieness and glory .

YNWA ....

:buttrock

Just a few pics i found that sum him up Legand.  :bowdown
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:08 am

all i can say is wow. never seen this before. YNWA Luis Garcia
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:59 am

That's a nice touch from one of my favourite players over the last few years.
Thanks for the memories Luis.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 am

It just shows what a great club Liverpool is.. The letter from Luis is amazing but don't forget Dudek did something similar when he hired the plane with the message for all the fans.  Amazing..  It shows what a special club we have
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:13 am

Little, thumbsucking legend. What a great bloke. Just read it on .tv and i can't think of many players who would do the same for a club that they'd left. Where's that thread we had going for great people who are also footballers, because Luis deserves an honoury mention at least.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:20 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:It just shows what a great club Liverpool is.. The letter from Luis is amazing but don't forget Dudek did something similar when he hired the plane with the message for all the fans.  Amazing..  It shows what a special club we have

didn't know about dudek doing that. What did it say?

Gave me goosebumps reading the letter, what a class player and human being. Good to know that he's still got us in his heart because he'll always be in ours.

Especially for the semi final goal against chelski for 2 reasons. for putting us into the final and for the pain and annoyance it cause Moroniho[B]
Rimetto_

Postby tommycockles » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:29 am

zarababe wrote:Glad he wrote to us.. kinda felt sad he'd gone without a chance for goodbye - great guy and great red.

completely agree- let's hope he gets the chance to come back for a friendly or something so people can say goodbye properly!! Nice touch!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby mynameisred » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am

I had a dream once that Luis was on Crouchys shoulders at corners and kept scoring and the ref kept telling their manager there was nowt in the rules to stop it. Im assuming this didnt happen..... although I have been drinking alot lately.

Great memories from the little man although he wasnt half frustrating!!!! Just like a loved one I suppose.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am

Quote "didn't know about dudek doing that. What did it say?"

He hired a plane and flew all over Merseyside with a banner flying behind that said "JERZY DUDEK THANKS THE LFC FAMILY FOR THEIR SUPPORT".  Amazing  :buttrock
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:38 am

Sometimes we forget these guys are more than just players, Garcia has just shown us he is a top bloke.

Absolute Class.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:17 am

If i'm honest, i wasn't 1 of his greatest fans. I've watched him and he had his off days. But that put him at the top of the tree for me.

What a lovely gesture to the club and the fans.

All the best luis,

Come back and see us.

YNWA
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:38 am

:bowdown legend
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:25 pm

That is class.

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redbilly1960 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:50 pm

A letter I feel was written from the heart

Best of luck Luis and thanks for the memories
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby the_red_alonso » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:56 pm

He was a B..Loody GENIUS :buttrock
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion