LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:37 am

So far the lad hid from the game. In this day and age players need to seize the opportunity they are given and play with will and passion ,Marco has done none of those so far. Yes it's unfair for him he came with such a big price tag but it is what it is ,he needs to make this mental switch that he is expected to seize the moment and play with courage . I'm also sure their is a load of a talent in their but if he can't take the mental leap then he will not succeed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

Very poetic mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Reg » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:09 am wrote:Very poetic mate.

sorry  :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:15 pm

only me » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 am wrote:So far the lad hid from the game. In this day and age players need to seize the opportunity they are given and play with will and passion ,Marco has done none of those so far. Yes it's unfair for him he came with such a big price tag but it is what it is ,he needs to make this mental switch that he is expected to seize the moment and play with courage . I'm also sure their is a load of a talent in their but if he can't take the mental leap then he will not succeed.

He lacks confidence and match sharpness. Nothing more.

But he did make a decent run against Sunderland and he's got plenty of pace. I'd give him a run in the team. I mean, what have we got to lose?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:42 am

Softest red I have seen. I thought the lad was taking the game on and playing well before that.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:45 am

The rise in expectation when this lad was introduced on Tuesday night was tangible inside Anfield....Even the red card didn't dampen the fact we had just seen
a player capable of something resembling a touch of class.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:20 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:45 am wrote:The rise in expectation when this lad was introduced on Tuesday night was tangible inside Anfield....Even the red card didn't dampen the fact we had just seen
a player capable of something resembling a touch of class.

Agreed, I had already given up on him based on the fact that he was mentally weak and had not made the emotional / physical transition required.

He showed a glimpse of what he is capable of and for a moment there I thought we had an actual winger that could play (outside Sterling).

Rodgers needs to give him more time and hopefully as he begins to get his confidence back we might just have another gem of signing *fingers crossed*
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:08 am

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:17 am

:eyebrow
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 pm

The lad will evolve into a World class player ,pace ,eye for goal ,and  a player that's now showing the rudiments(even at such a young age ) of a brilliant football brain ,has all the capabilities to even play central midfield ,his touch and instinct for the pass remind me of Modric.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 pm

He did ok today and is finally starting to show something, however i have massive doubts if he has the quality to be a really good player, i was expecting a lot more skill when we signed him, hes much more of a kick and run winger, also his lack of end product is alarming add to the he clearly isnt anything special in front of goal either. Im pleased that he as least had a go in the last couple games but ill have to see a lot more before justifying his signing.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Starting to show glimpses off his potential, even when playing out of position. Would like to see him centrally. Don't see the Modric comparison personally, different type of players imo. He is one I'm prepared to give this season to settle in as he is young and acclimatising to a new league but last few games has shown promise
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:03 am

Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm wrote:. Would like to see him centrally.

The lad is never a central player just like he's no wing back. Proper winger he is and need's to be deployed there for us to get the best out of him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:13 am

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm wrote:. Would like to see him centrally.

The lad is never a central player just like he's no wing back. Proper winger he is and need's to be deployed there for us to get the best out of him.

Disagree mate ,my comparison to the likes of Modric is given belief  by his game intelligence and his incisive use of a football,great footballers can dictate
play from anywhere on the pitch ......But that's for the future mate ,he's more than useful deployed as a wing back......For now  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:15 am

Fowler_E7 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:08 pm wrote:He did ok today and is finally starting to show something, however i have massive doubts if he has the quality to be a really good player, i was expecting a lot more skill when we signed him, hes much more of a kick and run winger, also his lack of end product is alarming add to the he clearly isnt anything special in front of goal either. Im pleased that he as least had a go in the last couple games but ill have to see a lot more before justifying his signing.

Very harsh that, he's got a lot more to his game than just raw pace, some of the balls he threaded through to Coutinho in particular today were almost Alonso-esque as was his pass to Balotelli last week at Old Trafford. He's not just a fancy dan he's prepared to put in a shift defensively too.
Besides he's only 20 and 99% of players are a lot better at 23/24 than they are at 20 so there's a tons more to come from him yet.
In a couple of years time that £20m we spent on him will look like chicken feed
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion