LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:22 pm

I thought he had a good game against Madrid, how he never made the bench today god only knows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:22 pm wrote:I thought he had a good game against Madrid, how he never made the bench today god only knows.

Agreed, he looked bright and tried to make things happen. Could have done with him today as Stirling was poor and I'd have brought on Markovic after half time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:22 pm wrote:I thought he had a good game against Madrid, how he never made the bench today god only knows.

Agreed, he looked bright and tried to make things happen. Could have done with him today as Stirling was poor and I'd have brought on Markovic after half time.

I talked about morale in another thread. Here's a prime example. Lazar has struggled but I bet he, like us, thought he started to find his feet against Madrid. Maybe Rodgers didn't agree.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:35 pm

To be omitted even from the bench was just mystifying ,I also think he's showing improvement with every game he plays ,his touch is improving and his confidence
seemed more visible against Madrid ....I have no doubt he will be immense for us in the seasons to come if he's given a semblance of continuity within the team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Agreed, I thought he did OK against Madrid. The lad needs more game time. Very few would stuff Varane one on one when he tried it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:11 pm

I thought he was terrible against Madrid to be honest. Tried and failed. Kept running aimlessly ; pretty much sums up his contributions so far in a red shirt. He has a bit of talent but dont think he'll ever be a top player (important starting 11 material) for us. You can only have so many players in the side who arent consistently top class. For me the likes of Henderson, Lallana, Balotelli, your top picks from the back 4 amongst a few others all fall into that category. Wont give you high level performances consistently for different reasons but ultimately it comes down to a lack of real quality.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:58 pm

I agree aCe he wasn't very good against Madrid as much as people want to talk him up on here.

I'm convinced there is some personal and mental stuff happening here, because since he arrived he hasn't even looked like even a pub football player let alone good enough to play in the premier league (or for us). Also he looks nothing like the player he was at Benfica so something is definitely up.

Really hope this can get sorted as quickly as possible, because we need his confidence to return so we can see what he is really made out of.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:05 am

He was absolutely awful against Madrid, he ran forward twice and one or two clueless Muppets tried to make out that means he played well. The lad has so far shown nothing and that game was no exception

To be honest, since he came here I haven't seen one attribute from him which would suggest he has one iota of ability, I was However told the lad was a good prospect before he signed but have since heard he is a bad trainer too…
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Markovic's brief but promising 12 minutes against Sunderland.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm

I think he should get a run in the team to get used to the PL, even if he doesn't get a start then he should be getting 30mins a game, I don't see the point in spending 20mil on a player and only give them about 11mins of football a month
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Boocity » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 pm wrote:I think he should get a run in the team to get used to the PL, even if he doesn't get a start then he should be getting 30mins a game, I don't see the point in spending 20mil on a player and only give them about 11mins of football a month

agreed he need's more time to at least get to grips with the league this season because if he doesn't then he wont be much better next year.
I didn't think he did an awful lot yesterday myself but again he showed his pace and ability to make good diagonal runs into dangerous areas but unfortunately overruns it. With more game time though i believe these are things he can improve on by making better decisions.
He will play against basle in some capacity i reckon but highly doubt he will play against manure or arsenal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks for the clip mate.
I didn't see the game (only listened to it on the radio) but considering he was only on the pitch 12 minutes he did seem to be involved a lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 pm wrote:Thanks for the clip mate.
I didn't see the game (only listened to it on the radio) but considering he was only on the pitch 12 minutes he did seem to be involved a lot.

I think for the limited amount of time he was afforded he was involved in our most penetrating build up play,and like I said in the ratings thread his touch to give
himself space for the shot was inventive . I think he will grow with every game he's given ,and someone to take the onus of Sterling ,the lad made one clipped pass
that fell short of its target ,but other than that he never misplaced any of his other touches mate ..... Also his introduction lifted the Kop and raised expectation.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm wrote:

I think for the limited amount of time he was afforded he was involved in our most penetrating build up play,and like I said in the ratings thread his touch to give
himself space for the shot was inventive . I think he will grow with every game he's given ,and someone to take the onus of Sterling ,the lad made one clipped pass
that fell short of its target ,but other than that he never misplaced any of his other touches mate ..... Also his introduction lifted the Kop and raised expectation.

I'm still far from convinced on the guy RBG, but agree with most on here that he should be given much more time (even if it is 20-30 minutes bursts as a sub) to see what kind of player we have. It's the least Rodgers could do after spending $20m on him.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:09 am

eds » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:02 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:16 pm wrote:

I'm still far from convinced on the guy RBG, but agree with most on here that he should be given much more time (even if it is 20-30 minutes bursts as a sub) to see what kind of player we have. It's the least Rodgers could do after spending $20m on him.

I agree Eds ,I think the supporters and more specifically the Kop genuinely need a player to get excited about ,and Can and Markovic we're both procured with that in
mind and arrived at the club with expectations high . Its just there is a real feeling of despondency on the Kop of late ,and the gradual integration of our new talent
would work wonders in making us less predictable.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion