LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 pm

So he's banned for 4 matches. Hopefully BR will give Ibe a go in the Europa League

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 am

He's krap!

Sell him , take the loss.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Big Niall » Mon May 18, 2015 1:00 am wrote:He's krap!

Sell him , take the loss.

Don't think he is the doggys nuts myself but I wouldn't write him off yet. He is just another in a long list that brendan did a brendan on  :nod
He needs game time to get up to speed with the league and hasn't been given a chance to get that. If he did we should at least be looking at a decent substitute next season.

Anyway where the fook is he ? Narnia ? :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 4:10 pm

He's obviously not one of Brendan's favourites, he is constantly being subbed (even if he's having a decent game) where as others like Sterling and Gerrard can stink the place out but be left on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 18, 2015 6:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:He's obviously not one of Brendan's favourites, he is constantly being subbed (even if he's having a decent game) where as others like Sterling and Gerrard can stink the place out but be left on.

One of our brightest talents going forward ,the technique he showed for that outrageous volley against Sunderland outlined how much of a potent threat he could provide
to our attack if ,and its a massive if ,Rodgers showed a little faith in him and afforded him the time in his original position. Like you said mate Sterling gives us nada
and still remains a cert to be picked every week ,I personally would have loved to have seen him dropped and replaced with Markovic.

I mean in some games this season Lazar has been the only player causing consternation amongst our opponents defence ,he's been the only player that drags a stubborn
defence out of shape ,and his direct running and pace would have caused havoc ,and yet he was always bafflingly the first dragged off by Rodgers.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 6:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 18, 2015 5:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:He's obviously not one of Brendan's favourites, he is constantly being subbed (even if he's having a decent game) where as others like Sterling and Gerrard can stink the place out but be left on.

One of our brightest talents going forward ,the technique he showed for that outrageous volley against Sunderland outlined how much of a potent threat he could provide
to our attack if ,and its a massive if ,Rodgers showed a little faith in him and afforded him the time in his original position. Like you said mate Sterling gives us nada
and still remains a cert to be picked every week ,I personally would have loved to have seen him dropped and replaced with Markovic.

I mean in some games this season Lazar has been the only player causing consternation amongst our opponents defence ,he's been the only player that drags a stubborn
defence out of shape ,and his direct running and pace would have caused havoc ,and yet he was always bafflingly the first dragged off by Rodgers.  ???

Yeah, Rodgers doesn't seem to rate him that's for sure.
Maybe he was another Balotelli type signing (i.e Rodgers didn't want him but he was outvoted by the rest of the committee)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 18, 2015 7:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 5:56 pm wrote:

Maybe he was another Balotelli type signing (i.e Rodgers didn't want him but he was outvoted by the rest of the committee)

There's still something (if that is indeed the case ) intrinsically wrong with that mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 9:44 pm

I agree mate but all managers do it to some extent or another.
Both Kenny and Souness back in the late 80's/early 90's didn't seem to appreciate Peter Beardsley (who was a fantastic player) and Houllier was the same with Litmanen etc
I suppose it's like any walk of life, managers are going to pick players who they are pally with (hence Borini getting game time after refusing to leave)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 18, 2015 8:44 pm wrote:I agree mate but all managers do it to some extent or another.
Both Kenny and Souness back in the late 80's/early 90's didn't seem to appreciate Peter Beardsley (who was a fantastic player) and Houllier was the same with Litmanen etc
I suppose it's like any walk of life, managers are going to pick players who they are pally with (hence Borini getting game time after refusing to leave)

Why Houllier overlooked Litmanen was a complete enigma to me mate ,absolute genius with the ball at his feet and precisely the kind of player the Kop love.
Rodgers however completely confounds me mate ,especially in the case of Markovic and to a much lesser extent Manquillo ,then you have the likes of Ilori
and Coates ,the latter arguably being our best and most stand out defender last pre season ,and he still was bordering on blind to the quality of his performances.

Ilori will finish his season with Bordeaux with no shortage of admirers ,and yet I have serious reservations that the manager will want him in a Liverpool shirt for
next season.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Tue May 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Rodgers have final say on all transfers. The committee is there to help him identify targets and advise him on who they should buy.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... er-7185770
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 19, 2015 7:21 pm

mart » Tue May 19, 2015 3:52 pm wrote:

Rodgers have final say on all transfers. The committee is there to help him identify targets and advise him on who they should buy.

:laugh: Your wasting your time Mart  :nod  That interview he gave has been posted many times but yet loads still choose to believe that the "committee" are forcing them on him  :nod

Personally my opinion is that he is all over transfers but just doesn't know his ar$e from his elbow. When the man comes out with stuff like "My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence" and "I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence".  That doesn't sound like a fella who gets bullied or would be influenced by suits  :no

We sign kids not only because FSG want a resale value but because its all he can attract and is capable of working with. It must have been music to FSG's ears when they heard him trotting out shyte like that. The man spent 20 million quid on markovic and has the cheek to play sinclair ahead of him  :glare:

He will always be working with kids  :nod At least until they see him for what he is and that's full of shyte  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 7:39 pm

mart » Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm wrote:

Since that article we've heard different, funny enough in today's Echo John Aldridge is calling on the club to explain the role of the transfer committee and to explain who exactly is in charge of what.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue May 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Based on what exactly did you make your point? Marko got plenty of playing time and many chances he just blow all of them. He didn't display not the mental toughness nor the mental readiness to play in a high tempo game as in the EPL and in Europe. He didn't display technical skills which his transfer value implied off. His Direct running lead 90% of the times to 0% effective play ,neither pass or kick. Was he the weakest player that warrent his dragging off first ,probably no ,but for sure he didn't earn a place as a starter and he didn't convince me  of his current potential and skills. For the amount of money we spend on him he should be hit the ground running (into the right places i mean).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Err...he's 20.
You write him off at that age if you want to, I think there's a good player there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue May 19, 2015 8:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 7:01 pm wrote:Err...he's 20.
You write him off at that age if you want to, I think there's a good player there.

I didn't write him off i just contradicted what your wrote about him not getting enough chances. He got enough he showed nothing.
As to the 20 arguement i keep reading ,so what? i see 18-19-20 years old players coming and showing their worth and talent and approach with no hesitation or apology ,Ibe rings a bell?
So no i don't write him off but whoever paid this disgusting amount of money for a player which is not even half cooked should be hanged.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion