Lampard v gerrard - .tv article...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:39 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Did Lampard definately react like that when Gerrard scored ?
I didnt notice myself but if he did thats disgusting and underlines my thoughts on him, he is the most selfish player i have come accross, you get strikers that are selfish and shoot when players are better placed, and thats annoying but at least its usually in areas were a goal is likely.
Lampard shoots from 35 yards out when there are options right left and through the centre, and thats not occasionaly...its every time he sees the goal.
The amount of times we could work the ball into decent wide positions and he shoots and ruins the attack, is scandalous.
If i was in his side he would get the verbals and warned to pack it in. The likes of Beckham Gerrard and Neville (the senior players) should have words, because Ericsson will obviously say f'ck all.

Yeah he did kick the ball in the net after Gerrard scored, I remember thinking to myself whats that about. But got over it because Gerrard had just scored.

He is a glory hunter thats why he's forever wasting those 35 yarders. He's just thinking of the headlines in the paper and the @rsehole is playing for himself. So far in tournament he's had a face on that makes the English whether look bright.
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:44 am

thegreedo wrote:Forever the linguist Lando!

Can't disagree with you though pal!!

I know.  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:20 am

this sums it up

:buttrock:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouchamania » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:12 pm

Im not defending him because ill admit he is a selfish twit (swap the i for an a if you want) but players sometimes kick the ball into the net after they or their teammate scores. Ive only seen it twice so i dont remember it clearly so correct me if im wrong.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:43 pm

he's just something gerrard need to get rid of, i just wish lampard will be put on the bench and that will let stevie do what he does best like what he does at liverpool
onizukaeikichi

Postby vlady16.1 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:59 pm

i think it must be obvious to sven that if england are to win he has to realize the fat frank is either a) off his game or b) totally useless and selfish
if they are to continue playing a 4 4 2 then lampard should be benched with gerrard and carrick playing the middle. he should only play in a 4 5 1 arrangement.
lampart was awful against sweden -- he playes like baros-- all head down like his co-players are my quality. and on top of that his passing was atrocious
thank god rooney has had this miraculous recovery or england would be cooked since sven cannot pick a team if his life depended on it. does maclaren have no input-- he is  competent and i just can't see him agreeing to this stupidity
vlady16.1

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:13 am

Chelsea have made lampard to be the great midfielder england are lacking and it simply isnt true, the facts are hes one of the few english players to play in the chelsea team, he can, and after this world cup, will be replaced, he is simply the most selfish player ever to play in england because i have racked my brains (what little there is of it) to find a worse player ever to play for england. He looks, smells, and plays like a chelsea player !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouchamania » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:54 am

I dunno about the worst player ever to play for england but ill go along with most selfish.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby AwiLas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:14 am

1st thing first, Lampard is just a player whereas Stevie G is an utility, versatile player.. What more can I say.?. At Chelsea, Lampard is really surrounded by world class players like Makelele, Robben, Terry, Essien etc.. While at Liverpool, Stevie G SURROUNDS all his team mates.. See the major difference here.?. Defends, attacks and infuence is his job.. I think Stevie is paid for that and not for playing football.. Even if Ballack was to play Stevie G's position, he will definitely collapsed dude.. So, there's no one better in that central, be it attacking or defensive midfielder, IMO, other than the great Stevie G.. Cheers..
AwiLas

Postby Good Bob » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 am

AwiLas wrote:1st thing first, Lampard is just a player whereas Stevie G is an utility, versatile player.. What more can I say.?. At Chelsea, Lampard is really surrounded by world class players like Makelele, Robben, Terry, Essien etc.. While at Liverpool, Stevie G SURROUNDS all his team mates.. See the major difference here.?. Defends, attacks and infuence is his job.. I think Stevie is paid for that and not for playing football.. Even if Ballack was to play Stevie G's position, he will definitely collapsed dude.. So, there's no one better in that central, be it attacking or defensive midfielder, IMO, other than the great Stevie G.. Cheers..

Cheers :laugh:
Good Bob

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:09 am

Good Bob wrote:
AwiLas wrote:1st thing first, Lampard is just a player whereas Stevie G is an utility, versatile player.. What more can I say.?. At Chelsea, Lampard is really surrounded by world class players like Makelele, Robben, Terry, Essien etc.. While at Liverpool, Stevie G SURROUNDS all his team mates.. See the major difference here.?. Defends, attacks and infuence is his job.. I think Stevie is paid for that and not for playing football.. Even if Ballack was to play Stevie G's position, he will definitely collapsed dude.. So, there's no one better in that central, be it attacking or defensive midfielder, IMO, other than the great Stevie G.. Cheers..

Cheers :laugh:

...dude :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:55 am

Bang on the head, my man...  Bang on..

Could not have put it better if I tried..
ConnO'var

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion