Lampard v gerrard - .tv article...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:10 am

Facts are facts as hawkmoon pointed out, we should drop the selfish one and concentrate on players who want the team to win rather than looking for personal glory. Did anyone notice how he banged the ball in the back of the net when gerrard scored as if it was against his team??
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:34 am

Kharhaz wrote:Did anyone notice how he banged the ball in the back of the net when gerrard scored as if it was against his team??

Nope. He did that? Fat :censored::veryangry 
Overrated Cheatski player....
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 am

the difference is. lampard can attack, like gerrard. but only gerrard can attack and defend well enough to render lampard one dimensional. and its sticking out like a sore thumb...

fwiw id have hargreaves or carrick holding. and let gerrard and lampard support a lone striker.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:25 am

Disagree totally Lampard is totally self obsessed with his own being that he must, at all costs, be the man there talking about. He is quickly learning that to be a great player he must put the effort in, something he just refuses to do. At chelsea its easy, all the players do the work for him, at international level every player works for each other, and i hate to praise the scum for anything but even rooney and neville work for each other and the rest of the squad, lampard doesnt, rather than pick out a telling pass he'll go for his own glory. Face facts Lampards a glory hunter, nothing more.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:27 am

red37 wrote:the difference is. lampard can attack, like gerrard. but only gerrard can attack and defend well enough to render lampard one dimensional. and its sticking out like a sore thumb...

fwiw id have hargreaves or carrick holding. and let gerrard and lampard support a lone striker.

yes....i kinda agree this is how sven will go in the next round.

Rooney
                         Gerrard                Lampard
               Cole                                           Beckham

Hargreaves/Carrick

Rest of the defence
                                      Robinson

As for the lamb-tard vs gerrard argument....lets put it this way.....Lamb-tard can't even score with paris hilton.    :p

Whose the top scorer for england   :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:22 am

stmichael wrote:Lampard man of the match. You're having a laugh. The southern press are so much up the guy's ar$e it's frightening.

Gerrard is a victim of his own ability. I've not seen much of Gerrard and Lampard supposedly interchanging their roles throughout a game, have you. Its just been Gerrard taking the responsibility of sitting and getting back to help the back four out. Despite not being a holding player, he was truly outstanding in the first half.

The problem is Lampard CAN'T do that job, and shouldn't be trusted to either. Lampard has looked a little innefective in the last few England games, so its time for Gerrard to be used where he's most effective. England badly needed him in the second half yesterday to support Crouch and get a grip on the game, but equally we couldn't afford to lose Gerrard "holding".

Right now Gerrard is the man, not Lampard. Lampard can only play one role, while Gerrard fits many. Thats the problem. But you want your two world class attacking midfielders to play, but really only one can be truly effective going forward, unless we tear up the 4-4-2 and accomodate 5 in midfield.

Its not easy to do, and maintain a balance.

They may have to with Owen injured, have Rooney as a lone striker and Crouch as impact.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:32 am

The_Rock wrote:
red37 wrote:the difference is. lampard can attack, like gerrard. but only gerrard can attack and defend well enough to render lampard one dimensional. and its sticking out like a sore thumb...

yes....i kinda agree this is how sven will go in the next round.

Rooney
                         Gerrard                Lampard
               Cole                                           Beckham

Hargreaves/Carrick

Rest of the defence
                                      Robinson

As for the lamb-tard vs gerrard argument....lets put it this way.....Lamb-tard can't even score with paris hilton.    :p

Whose the top scorer for england   :D

If Gary Neville is able to play, then Carragher can play the holding midfield role.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:42 am

red_guy wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Did anyone notice how he banged the ball in the back of the net when gerrard scored as if it was against his team??

I noticed that, for regaining the lead five minutes from time, he didn't look real happy either...
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:53 am

AussieKopite wrote:
red_guy wrote:

I noticed that, for regaining the lead five minutes from time, he didn't look real happy either...

Of course he's not happy. He's just lost to a superior player but less popular than him (gerrard that is). Did you ever notice that most of the teams in WC talks about Gerrard but none of them ever mentioned lampard? yyyeeeaapp...
Professionals talks about great sportsmen, media mostly highlighted overrated bum.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:13 am

red_guy wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:
red_guy wrote:

Of course he's not happy. He's just lost to a superior player but less popular than him (gerrard that is). Did you ever notice that most of the teams in WC talks about Gerrard but none of them ever mentioned lampard? yyyeeeaapp...
Professionals talks about great sportsmen, media mostly highlighted overrated bum.

I didnt believe what you had written as I didnt see Lampard kick the ball into the net after Gerrards goal. Just checked and you are RIGHT he looked like we had just conceded not just scored. Pathetic!
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:17 am

Lampard is a fat w*nker.

Nothing more to say.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:31 am

Forever the linguist Lando!

Can't disagree with you though pal!!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:41 am

He needs to learn from Gerrard !
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ulswater » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:20 am

There is no comparison, Gerrard is pure out and out world class miles ahead of Lampard. Ive nothing against lampard as a player just because he plays for a team I dont like it doesnt mean I'll blindly hate him whatever, the same with Rooney..the guy is pure class, the fact he plays for Man U. is irrelevant.

If Gerrad was a foreign player he WOULD without a doubt be regarded as THE greatest midfielder, or indeed player, in the world today, which we all know that he is, after this world cup he will be regarded as just that. :bowdown
Last edited by ulswater on Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ulswater

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:29 am

Did Lampard definately react like that when Gerrard scored ?
I didnt notice myself but if he did thats disgusting and underlines my thoughts on him, he is the most selfish player i have come accross, you get strikers that are selfish and shoot when players are better placed, and thats annoying but at least its usually in areas were a goal is likely.
Lampard shoots from 35 yards out when there are options right left and through the centre, and thats not occasionaly...its every time he sees the goal.
The amount of times we could work the ball into decent wide positions and he shoots and ruins the attack, is scandalous.
If i was in his side he would get the verbals and warned to pack it in. The likes of Beckham Gerrard and Neville (the senior players) should have words, because Ericsson will obviously say f'ck all.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion