Lampard v gerrard - .tv article...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby henrytb » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 am

This is a video I found on youtube about Lampard VS Gerrard. Have a look.
Steven Gerrard vs Frank Lampard
henrytb

Postby chris4069 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:51 pm

What goal of Gerrard today :O
chris4069

Postby chris4069 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:56 pm

henrytb wrote:This is a video I found on youtube about Lampard VS Gerrard. Have a look.
Steven Gerrard vs Frank Lampard

énormous vidéo thanks very much
chris4069

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:57 pm

The goal was scored with a left foot shot, he;d do much better with his right foot. If only Sven would play him behind the main 2 strikers, ditch Lampard and scour his existing squad for one who can play in holding midfield.

Against quality teams, the chances would be more of a premium and Gerrard's ability to strike, make telling passes and also tackle would be more of a factor.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:44 am

Normally dont pay much attention to the posts on bbc.co.uk 606 because theyre generally unfounded comments based on poor knowledge of the game.  However, interesting to see that people are finally starting to realise Lampards actual value and starting to recognise Gerrard as the match winner that he undoubtedly is.

BBC 606
The Italian Job 2005

Postby kingycrouch » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:36 pm

gerrard outclasses lampard anyday
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:39 pm

What concerns me the most is the views of Sven. How can he see something that nobody else sees? how can he believe that lampard is the man to play the role only Gerrard can play? if Mclaren thinks the same as Sven then i believe we should do a fergie and call injury on Gerrard the next time an international match comes along. Why waste our best talent on a bunch of nobodys?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HantsRed » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 pm

Kharhaz wrote:What concerns me the most is the views of Sven. How can he see something that nobody else sees? how can he believe that lampard is the man to play the role only Gerrard can play? if Mclaren thinks the same as Sven then i believe we should do a fergie and call injury on Gerrard the next time an international match comes along. Why waste our best talent on a bunch of nobodys?

I don't think that necessarily is the view of Sven. The problem is that Sven is pretty lame tactically and just lets the players do their own thing which means Gerrard ends up having to take the defensive responsibility. Lampard has said that they were not told who should hold but it just "worked out that way" in the last couple of games.
What actually happens is Gerrard ends up having to cover for Lampard and sits back.

On your other point, I despise club managers who withhold their players from international games. It should never happen.
HantsRed

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:58 pm

I despise those managers also but in the sense of Steven Gerrard, the only way we'll win or lose this world cup is if the manager sees the sense of the fans of Liverpool and anybody else who wants England to lift the cup, play Gerrard in the position he does so well in, he is paid to make that decision and if he doesnt make, and Steve Mclaren thinks the same then i stick by what i originally said
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HantsRed » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:02 am

Kharhaz wrote:the only way we'll win this world cup is if the manager sees the sense of the fans of Liverpool and anybody else who wants England to lift the cup, play Gerrard in the position he does so well in,

Yes I agree with you on that mate.
HantsRed

Postby kunilson » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:18 am

Gerrard > Lampard.

BUT, i think Sven should start with Gerrard and play him for 60 minutes.....if he's still doing well then fine, if he's not then bring on lampard....with carrick holding.
But theres a problem too, carrick isn't all that great and i don't see him holding well against the likes of Argentina. Gerrard would have to share responsibilities again......but its better then having 2 great individuals who just don't gel, that's the problem France are having right now with many of their players.

Lampard is good no doubt, Gerrard is better....no bias, just fact.

5-man midfield is something which would work too in many ways..
and i hardly see A.Cole doing much defensive work anyway cos he's always running forward (only to not get a pass by Joe) when he's left back, why not try him as a holding midfielder? i guess the trial period is over, and pointless really cos Sven is just doing what we thought he'd do before.....put in the big names and no-one can complain right? no.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpudlian Number Eight » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:35 pm

What the hell is goin' on?

Make me  :veryangry
Liverpudlian Number Eight

Postby The Italian Job 2005 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:27 pm

Lampard was appauling yet again today.  Had about 5 shots in the first half, most of which went over the bar or were straight at the keeper.  In the second half the Chelsea man went missing completely and you wouldnt even have known if he was on the pitch.  Gerrard comes on and in 20 mins clears one off the line and scores an excellent headed goal.

The very fact that it was Gerrard who Sven chose to rest and not Lampard shows that the England Manager is more concerned about not having Gerrard available for the next game than he is Lampard.  Tbh im not surprised.  The Chelsea man has been in poor form since about April, he cant really tackle, has no real pace, does not drive forward from midfield and his conversion rate in terms of shots to goals is horrendous.  Basically he does not deserve recognition as a complete midfielder as all he is really good at is timing runs into the box and scoring the odd goal.

Sorry for the rant but England and Sven are really starting to :censored: me off.  All the best managers make difficult decisions that will benefit the team - most obvious example is Aragones of Spain who omits Raul (the captain) from the starting line up in favour of a more mobile and energetic front pair in Torres and Villa.  Its bleeding obvious that England will function better when a holding player is utilised behind either Lampard and Gerrard and therefore one of them needs to be dropped.  Lampard needs sticking on the bench for a couple of games and Stevie needs to be given the licence he enjoys here.

While im on the matter of dropping useless lay abouts in the England team - and i know its not lfc related but - what the hell is Beckham offering to the team asides from the odd freekick which Gerrard/Lampard could do anyway.  Give him the boot and let Lennon inject some much needed pace into the lineup.

I know this started off on topic but drifted off and am sorry but got a bit caught up.  Gerrard v Lampard / England rant over.
The Italian Job 2005

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 pm

This is harsh but the injury to Owen may FINALLY see Sven play with a line up that suits Stevie G, England and Liverpool. A 5 man midfield is a must with Gerrard allowed to play in advanced role. I am a Scotsman supporting England and even I am growing frustrated at Eriksson. It is blatantly obvious for all to see that a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 would be Englands best chance of winning anything this summer! ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:59 pm

The commentators today said that Fat Frank has had more shots than any other player in the WC (18) - but how many has he scored? Zero, nil, zilch.  On the other hand, Stevie being played primarily in a defensive holding role (apart from tonight's 20mins) has had 6 shots and scored twice.

My opinion FWIW - bench the tubby one, play Stevie in his prefered attacking role and use Ferdinand as holding role (did well at this for the Scum).
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion