Gerrard article - The guardian

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:24 am

Kharhaz wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Rafa should try him on the right and if he doesnt like it then try dropping him for a few games. Maybe Gerrard is having an influence on the team for the wrong reasons.

:no end of

Sorry I forgot, Gerrard is untouchable. He should stay in the team. Even when hes been poor its Steven Gerrard for christ sake ! silly me....

sorry, but when did i say gerrard was untouchable!
i didn"t!!
more to the point when did i say gerrard hasn"t played well
i didn"t!
if you took the time to read my post, i said imo
playing gerrard in centre mid was the best position
for him etc,etc & that being in that posistion
he is in a better place to lead the team on
& if they didn"t give there all then the "R" word
applies WHO EVER THEY ARE!!
read posts mate before replying in future
end of.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:33 am

My apologies, i thought the head nodding meant NOPE DISAGREE. I did read your post and you sound like many of the Gerrard is god type posters on here. And whats with the end of at the end of your posts? because from what ive seen its everything but end of !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:01 am

Kharhaz wrote:My apologies, i thought the head nodding meant NOPE DISAGREE. I did read your post and you sound like many of the Gerrard is god type posters on here. And whats with the end of at the end of your posts? because from what ive seen its everything but end of !

One rule for one, one for another.

I'll get smeg to change his password, don't :censored: ban him ya bunch of arl :censored: :censored:, I won't be postin on his name again.
Smeg

Postby RedRoots » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:59 pm

bavlondon wrote:Well he did score 23 goals from the right didnt he? To be honest I wouldnt mind seeing Babel being played in a more central role.

Babel central midfield.....bizarre one that.
RedRoots

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:12 pm

Smeg wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:My apologies, i thought the head nodding meant NOPE DISAGREE. I did read your post and you sound like many of the Gerrard is god type posters on here. And whats with the end of at the end of your posts? because from what ive seen its everything but end of !

I'll get smeg to change his password, don't :censored: ban him ya bunch of arl :censored: :censored:, I won't be postin on his name again.

For the record, I didnt complain to the mods about what you put but why do you feel the need to add insults to something you dont agree with? Why do you constantly consider your opinion way above everybody elses and condemn those whose opinions differs to yours? Even when you was pulled up on it by the mods you still couldnt help yourself but throw in another insult. One rule for one? yeah your right how many people would be banned instantly for below belt insults rather than given warnings? Much of what you type with regards to the club is a very good read however you just   have serious issues with anyone who disagrees.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:26 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Smeg wrote:

For the record, I didnt complain to the mods about what you put but why do you feel the need to add insults to something you dont agree with? Why do you constantly consider your opinion way above everybody elses and condemn those whose opinions differs to yours? Even when you was pulled up on it by the mods you still couldnt help yourself but throw in another insult. One rule for one? yeah your right how many people would be banned instantly for below belt insults rather than given warnings? Much of what you type with regards to the club is a very good read however you just   have serious issues with anyone who disagrees.

Ok, that deserves a civilised answer...

If someone says to you a square has five sides, would you argue your point? Yes

Is that person entitled to that "opinion"? Of course

Does that make the person who thinks that a tool? Yes it does.

If in my opinion, I'm a better player footballer than Steven Gerrard (for arguements sake) and have more skill than Zidane, am I entitled to that opinion? Of course...

Would I be correct? No

Would I be asking to be ridiculed by having such an opinion? Of course.

The fact is, people chat :censored: about football. A topic on which the average fan/sunday league player knows very very little about. Yet, they all have their "opinion" and often tell qualified people they're talking :censored:.

Now, again, thats ok to an extent. But the fact is in football there are right and wrongs. It is a fact player A is better than player B. Some people can't see it...

IE out of Gerrard and Vieira. Its a fact that one is better than the other. Theres no debate, whether its a marginal difference or a massive difference. Its as much a fact that one is better than the other, as it is they are both better players than me. There is no questioning one is better than the other.

When I heard rediculous comments like "Gerrard's not done this", "that" or he's "been :censored:" then Its quite simply rubbish.

Absoloutely rubbish. Its not even worthy of being called an opinion. The player was poor the other day against Spurs, but nearly scored a goal and set the first goal with a free kick.

People don't appriciate Gerrard's performances against Chelsea, the mancs, or anyone else if he's not scoring 30 yard screamers or basically pulling us out of the :censored: Roy of the Rovers style.

Last season, Chelsea at home in the CL, he was :censored: immense, yet no-one remembers. Man Utd at home, again was :censored: immense. Yet no-one remembers because we lost.
Smeg

Postby The Grudge » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:32 am

Grow up Stu..The only person that really feels you are important is you!

Get over yourself lad? :D
The Grudge

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:03 am

People don't appriciate Gerrard's performances against Chelsea, the mancs, or anyone else if he's not scoring 30 yard screamers or basically pulling us out of the Roy of the Rovers style.

Have to agree with that, thats all we ever here from the Xabi idol camp. 'Nobody appreciates what Xabi does' Yet those same people are very quick to slate Gerrards game, but cannot appreciate what he does for the team.

Ironic huh ?
66-1112520797

Postby Smeg » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:10 pm

The Grudge wrote:Grow up Stu..The only person that really feels you are important is you!

Get over yourself lad? :D

Jealousy strikes again from the little coked up irish boy who's been banned more times than me and contributes nothing except jibberish :censored: when he's had a pint and line.

Come back when you can handle your ale sunshine.
Smeg

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:49 pm

Smeg wrote:IE out of Gerrard and Vieira. Its a fact that one is better than the other. Theres no debate, whether its a marginal difference or a massive difference. Its as much a fact that one is better than the other, as it is they are both better players than me. There is no questioning one is better than the other.

No, this would again be an opinion.

At the very highest level, people forge opinions over who is a better player.

You may use facts to support your view and make it sound more credible, but it is an opinion, not a fact.

Saying, 'I am better than Gerrard' is also an opinion, that may be ridiculed as it has nothing to substantiate it, but it is an opinion nevertheless.

It also depends on how you define 'better'.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:25 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
People don't appriciate Gerrard's performances against Chelsea, the mancs, or anyone else if he's not scoring 30 yard screamers or basically pulling us out of the Roy of the Rovers style.

Have to agree with that, thats all we ever here from the Xabi idol camp. 'Nobody appreciates what Xabi does' Yet those same people are very quick to slate Gerrards game, but cannot appreciate what he does for the team.

Ironic huh ?

Well I certainly do give the Captain stick over his performances when he deserves it.

But you'd be hard pressed to find more than a few examples, as he doesn't normally play badly.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Ironic huh ?

Well I certainly do give the Captain stick over his performances when he deserves it.

But you'd be hard pressed to find more than a few examples, as he doesn't normally play badly.

The "camps" and "brigades" thing started as a joke and to have a bit of fun, but it's getting a bit too far!

Meaning, it's untrue those who have defended Alonso even before his injury highlighted  what he provides, now give stick to Gerrard. And FWIW the worse stick to Gerrard has come from posters like Karhaz, who are not members of the "Alonso camp"!

Myself, I've not only defended Gerrard but I think the strongest partnership in the middle is with Alonso, the way I see football, they're more compatible.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:57 am

Sabre wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Ironic huh ?

The "camps" and "brigades" thing started as a joke and to have a bit of fun, but it's getting a bit too far!

Meaning, it's untrue those who have defended Alonso even before his injury highlighted  what he provides, now give stick to Gerrard. And FWIW the worse stick to Gerrard has come from posters like Karhaz, who are not members of the "Alonso camp"!

Myself, I've not only defended Gerrard but I think the strongest partnership in the middle is with Alonso, the way I see football, they're more compatible.

I guess what im getting at is the fact that Gerrard is the captain of LFC. His attitude must lead by example, he has to stand up and be counted, his £120,000 a year contract, his number 8 shirt demands are met. Im like everyone else I know he is our best player, I know when miracles are needed they will come from him but lately he hasnt delivered the basics. The basics being leadership. The team clicks when hes on form, the crowd clicks when hes on form, the simple fact is he is wanted by rafa, us supporters, his sponsors hell even his biographers but it just seems to me whenever he feels unwanted we all suffer. Was I really the only person who thought him lame because he felt unwanted after the champions league final when we all considered him our messiah?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Ironic huh ?

good post Lando,

however i still maintain that "one man"
doesn"t make a team, & gerrarad needs
stability around him!
to lead any team you need a solid
base behind you & if you don"t have
that during any game your own performance
may suffer- whoever you are,as i have said
before, is it a case of when the other players
aren"t playing well,gerrard is put in a posistion
where he feel he has to be in 2 places at
the same time to cover, thus effecting
his own performance throughout the game.
yes you can argue he is the captain & that
comes with the responsibility, but even leaders
have off day"s & i feel when this happens
the whole team need to fight together as a unit
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:01 pm

how many times has gerrard bailed us out of games when the rest of the side
have not played well - (iv"e lost count already)
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion