L`pool better than united, player by player - Says stephane henchoz!?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:11 pm

It's just not true. I think the main point that he is trying to get across is that Man Utd usually play close to there full potential, while we hardly ever do. Confidence is a good thing but it can always hit you straight back in your face when you make comments like that.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flea » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:39 pm

liverpool has great players but i think that manu has better players than us...probely because they've got more money
Flea

Postby big al » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:49 pm

Flea your right Man U have more money than us but when Fergie took over they did'nt he made some very cleaver buys for reasonable amounts of money.  For instance Liverpool nearly broke the bank for Collymore, a season or so before he got Cantona,which one would you have rather had?  So while money is playing a more and more greater role, getting a cleaver manager is more important.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Flea » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:17 pm

you'r right i think that gerrar houllier should go...liverpool didn't make good results for a moment and i think really needs to leave know...
Flea

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:28 pm

GH has had more than enough time to press his claims and hasn't done it.  A club like Liverpool needs to do better than struggling to get to fourth place in the league.  We should be always challenging for the title.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Flea » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:32 pm

i agree i don't eaven know when liverpool won the premiership for the last time...we really need to change the manager...
Flea

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:12 pm

Owzat wrote:It is his opinion and it isn't as crazy as it sounds, certainly if you compare key players from both sides

Van Nistelrooy vs Owen - close
Scholes vs Gerrard - slightly different players, hard to compare
Keane vs Hamann - Gerrard would hold his own
Ferdinand vs Hyypia - not much in it
Silvestre vs Henchoz - not much in it
Howard vs Dudek - not much in it
Giggs vs Kewell - nothing in it
Saha vs Baros - probably manu player

:D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Flea » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:43 pm

im sur that liverpool players are better(exept diouf and diao)but the probleme is the managment..i know i always say that lol
Flea

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:08 am

I think the manu players work better together as a team, largely because most of them have settled together over a long period. I don't think the balance of our team is right and maybe some of our better players would have to be sacrificed in order to get the balance right
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flea » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:28 am

i agree that there isn't a good balance in the team but i din't think that we sould sacrifie good players like gerrard owen etc
Flea

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:42 am

I wasn't thinking of those two, Gerrard is our midfield dynamo and Owen is our goalscorer, but maybe one or two others aren't as pivotal as we believe and are perhaps even detrimental to the balance of the team. Gerrard is filling more of a Keane role, box to box. Do we need Hamann to babysit the back four in home games? I'll probably get slated for this but maybe a more creative player like a Scholes would be better as we struggle to break teams down. Hamann would obviously have more use in an away game keeping it tight (not that it seems to be working or maybe we should be leaking more goals). Every player affects the balance, like players in a cricket team - one bowler swapped for another might make a whole lot of change to the balance of the team (pace, variation, batting etc), yet essentially it is like for like
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:58 pm

Owzat taking your points,thats why we need a player like Malbranque he gives so many options, he can play anywhere in midfield.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:23 pm

Man UTD are a better team than us because they maximise their potential and always give it a go, whereas Liverpool rarely play above 70% of their potential.

In my opinion there is not much difference between Salif Diao and Quinten Fortune but Fortune plays to his ability whereas Diao does not.

And, at the end of the day, RVN, Louis Saha, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and probably Tim Howard are simply superior players to their Liverpool counterparts.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Thor Viking » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:29 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Man UTD are a better team than us because they maximise their potential and always give it a go, whereas Liverpool rarely play above 70% of their potential.

In my opinion there is not much difference between Salif Diao and Quinten Fortune but Fortune plays to his ability whereas Diao does not.

And, at the end of the day, RVN, Louis Saha, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and probably Tim Howard are simply superior players to their Liverpool counterparts.

And they have a famous viking "up their sleeve "! Watch out : the babyfaced assassin is loose again.
Ole Gunnar is probably Norways next captain !   :cool:  :p
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:46 pm

*!%*$*£*"*
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion