Favourite pool player - Ignore abiltiy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 pm

and im not trying to have an argument or anything just phrases get thrown around a lot that people can find insulting to them .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:06 pm

GYBS wrote:and im not trying to have an argument or anything just phrases get thrown around a lot that people can find insulting to them .

I find most of the shit coming at myself and others who don't share the same views as the "heads buried in the sand brigade" or "believers" or whatever you want to call them, offensive.

But here's a tip for avoiding arguments : walk away or don't reply. Problem is you don't, you have to have your say and just can't stop. This exchange of posts could have ended when I said about not wanting to ruin a thread, you replied twice more because you just had to say something further.

Have the last word if you like, I'm done here. Takes two to argue, I'm off out very shortly anyhoo.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Ok lets get of the high horse and let it have a drink and look and see th time i posted the last message ie was at the same time as yours - but also realise that you cant post and inflammatory comment about people on here and not expect people to reply and then just post "oh i dont want to have an argument about it " after you have posted said comment - so if you dont want the post or thread to descend to such levels as you suggest then dont post the comment in the first place then everything will be nice and smooth and nothing to worry about - posting the comment is just as bad in the first place so if you do expect someone to challenge it . will let you go as i am off now as well - was no intention of causin anything with you . Yes i want to reply cause i want to stick up for myself and yes i am walking away and yes if you have another dig i will reply again and yes it is in my nature to stick up for myself and my beliefs. .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 pm

always liked jimmy case meself

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 pm

Aside from the obvious ones I always loved Steve Nicol. As a kid growing up Shoot! always made fun of him and his seize 12 boots.

I remember back in 1987/88 he scored a header from outside the area once. Maybe nostalgia has exaggerated my memory and perhaps it was actually inside the area but still, it was a great header!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 am

JBG wrote:Aside from the obvious ones I always loved Steve Nicol. As a kid growing up Shoot! always made fun of him and his seize 12 boots.

I remember back in 1987/88 he scored a header from outside the area once. Maybe nostalgia has exaggerated my memory and perhaps it was actually inside the area but still, it was a great header!

No mate, I remember it, i'm sure it was against Arsenal, possibly in the season opener. It went bloody miles!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:38 am

Enjoy some of these, Liverpool Goals of the Season 1988...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOUS5tQ3Qw
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:41 am

Scottbot wrote:
JBG wrote:Aside from the obvious ones I always loved Steve Nicol. As a kid growing up Shoot! always made fun of him and his seize 12 boots.

No mate, I remember it, i'm sure it was against Arsenal, possibly in the season opener. It went bloody miles!

Your right Scott it was against Arsenal, Remember his hattrick an all against Newcastle :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 am

For me.... it can only be Dalglish. Gave me my favourite moments in football and was a top bloke to a a starry eyed lad. Brilliant, brilliant bloke.
ConnO'var

Postby fivecups » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:01 am

Scottbot wrote:Enjoy some of these, Liverpool Goals of the Season 1988...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdOUS5tQ3Qw

Goal D for me. McMahon's effort to keep the ball in and then beat the Arsenal player was unbelievable.

John Barnes was just superb then - I feckin loved him and Beardsley. Must dig out the old VHS of the 87-88 season review. We were sexy then - unbelievable footie!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 am

Souness.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:35 am

Don't ask why but I was always a massive Mcateer fan, I just like the players who keep it real.

But Mcmanaman was my fave player
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Big Niall wrote:
oreilly wrote:Ronnie whelan and haughton are prized gimps.....they make me sick the way they carry themselves on irish tv....needless pops at us --- souness is a decent skin- sticks up for us a  lot more

they give their views. if they think the manager is bad or the team is playing poorly, they say so.

they both wish the club was as good as it was when they played.

that is because they love the club.

Agreed.

Fair play to Whelan and Houghton for airing their honest views. It's what makes looking at the analysis on RTE interesting.

Beats the shit out of that awful BBC / Sky pretence at commentary, that's for sure.
tonyeh

Postby club_Levis » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Torres....
club_Levis

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Fowler, Mcmanaman and Redknapp were my favourites as a kid, so much ability so few trophys sadly, loved the 95/96 team :cool:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion