L F C TV Channel - Schedule/discussion here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:44 pm

I have to agree - Barnes was a plank....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:45 pm

highlights from the the U-18s on right before
JoeTerp

Postby matrix » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:24 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Give Barnesy his own show.

I just love listening to him speak.

400,000 words a minute.

:D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Looks like the JBS will be good tonight. Parry, Aldo and J-Mac. Well, not our J-Mac, the one who used to play for us, but still, should be interesting. I don't know why, but I really like Barnesy's style. It's awkward, yet familiar.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:41 pm

Think Digger has improved tremendously on his early pundit days. Watched him with St John, Carra and Dave Kirby the other day , all talking about their favourite ever Euro night. great stuff.

The LFC tv channel is a must for anyone who wants to learn more about or be reminded of our clubs history .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:04 am

woof woof ! wrote:Think Digger has improved tremendously on his early pundit days. Watched him with St John, Carra and Dave Kirby the other day , all talking about their favourite ever Euro night. great stuff.

The LFC tv channel is a must for anyone who wants to learn more about or be reminded of our clubs history .

agree 100%, the John Barnes show in particular is a must see show. Ive seen two episodes now and its great to hear the interviews from the horses mouth, and you hear some stuff which not get spoken about on a mainstream channel. Barnes is a good host, not so great reading the auto cue though! lol.

Its great to finally have a channel dedicated to us, ive been watching under 18's, reserves and news all dedicated to Liverpool FC what could be better!
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 am

He was better last night in all honesty. He was good with Aldo and McAteer, like he was back with the lads a bit. One thing, Rick Parry came off as being sooooo boring. I know he was an accountant, but I've seen plants with more personality. He came out of it quite well, just boring.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:38 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:Barnes is a good host, not so great reading the auto cue though! lol.

Think yer hit the nail on the head there, he's fine in free flowing conversation just keep that bl'oody autocue away from him.   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby weringo » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 pm

2-0 up against West Brom atm, Finnan just scored a cracker :D
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:54 pm

Top ten LFC Hat-tricks on next.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:34 am

Bought this last Saturday but because I'm never in the fucking house (it increasingly appears to me that I just sleep there like a lodger, I'm never in there because I get bored watching telly after about three minutes, I work very hard for a living but when I'm not, I have to be doing something, even just going out for a drive - or even better, I have a talent for being able to sleep in any given situation, bus, coach, train, plane, once on the pavement in my street when I was gassed, the chair I'm sitting in at my PC as I type this, a few times in the pub (including the legendary tale of waking up Boxing Day morning in my local) you name it I'll sleep there, usually on my couch, so even when I'm in the house I just doze off...*), I've watched about an 1 hours worth of it since last Saturday.  My plan was to vegetate on the couch surrounded by food and cans of lager.  It just hasn't happened.

Got in from my antics today (you don't even want to know what I've done today) around 5pm and watched Middlesborough under 18's beat our lads 4-2.  We've got some blonde German kid up front who looks quite powerful for his age and is worth looking at if you get the chance.  And a Patrik Berger lookalike.  Caught their names earlier but I've forgot them now if I'm being honest.

After that, Stoke reserves played them.  I could have sworn the commentator said Salif Diao's name but I couldn't see him on the pitch...

* For what it's worth, one of my mates has a season ticket in the Kop.  During the 2006-07 season, I forget the game but I have it on very good authority by another mate who sits next to him (yes they sit next to each other would have been the easiest explanation for this) that 'Mate One' fell asleep during one of our games last season.  Admittedly, he hadn't been to bed on the Friday night due to excessive drinking, but there you go.

Erm... I don't know, feels like the should be a moral to that tale.  Like at the end of an episode of He-Man.

So KIDS.  DON'T DRINK!!!

jonnymac1979

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 am

I know it isn't strictly LFC.tv, but this morning, ESPN classic is showing a load of old Liverpool vs. Spurs games. Watching King Kenny vs. Ricky Villa right now. I think we win 5-1 if i remember correctly, but that might be a different game...
Dalglish just got his second. Lovely.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Watching us play Forest at the moment, Aldos classics 87/88 Season, two things really stand out.

1) How good was that team we had, breath taking football  ?
2) How good was Stuart Pearce ?
destro

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:57 pm

destro wrote:Watching us play Forest at the moment, Aldos classics 87/88 Season, two things really stand out.

Was that the 5:0 the one with Tom Finney speaking after..

Fantastic performance, great team and how bad i miss those days.  :(  We were yet to hit the wall 3 years further on - after nigh on 15 years of being spoilt rotten; who would ever have guessed things were going to end up the way they did in the 90's.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby destro » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:03 pm

red37 wrote:
destro wrote:Watching us play Forest at the moment, Aldos classics 87/88 Season, two things really stand out.

Was that the 5:0 the one with Tom Finney speaking after..

Fantastic performance, great team and how bad i miss those days.  :(  We were yet to hit the wall 3 years further on - after nigh on 15 years of being spoilt rotten; who would ever have guessed things were going to end up the way they did in the 90's.

Yes. Amazing football played, it was like all the players were telepathic, dummies, playing passes into space (with out looking) where another red shirt was running, deffenders bombing forward and scoring, Beardsley and Barnes were just magical. Fans singing we want 5 at 4-0 and asking Brucie what the score was.

Brought tears to my eyes to see just HOW GOOD we really were
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion