Lfc tv channel - Why not?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:32 am

Just looked at this on the official LFC website, re: the launch of a new worldwide TV channel for foreign supprters of LFC (3 hrs per week).

However comments (posted below) by Rick Parry on a dedicated LFC TV channel dissapointed me, I for one would welcome it. after all it must work for the scum and Chelski??

"Unfortunately, due to the current Premiership television rights in this country, a 'mini-channel' like LiverpoolFC TV cannot be broadcast in this country. In order for a Premiership club to host their own TV channel in the UK or Ireland, over 40 hours of content must be produced each week and still the channel can't show live first team matches.

Rick Parry explained: "Until the situation changes and we can show live games, it doesn't actually make a great deal of sense. What's important is that we continue to invest in the team rather than lose money running a TV channel."

I also want to know WHEN the investment in the team is coming Rick!!??
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:11 pm

shut up moaning!

The team will be invested in, players bought etc when the clubs Manager/board see fit.

How many more threads with 'When are we gonna buy some players?' or 'We need more players lets buy someone quick!' are gonna litter this forum?

Sorry to sound harsh but I'm having a bad day.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:19 pm

lmao, tell him Lee :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:45 pm

I would love to have a LFC TV station
When I lived in Liverpool I really enjoyed reserve games
The possibilities are endless especially to have 40 hours a week
Reserve games
Classic games
Player phone ins
Training ground

In fact If they want Ill compile a programme planner  :laugh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:51 pm

Lee J wrote:shut up moaning!

The team will be invested in, players bought etc when the clubs Manager/board see fit.

How many more threads with 'When are we gonna buy some players?' or 'We need more players lets buy someone quick!' are gonna litter this forum?

Sorry to sound harsh but I'm having a bad day.

Lee, your dummy you spat out is on the floor, next to all the toys you threw out with it..............just a passing comment mate. :angry:

Main topic of the thread was for an LFC TV station................jeez!!!!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:58 pm

Ok Maximus whats your view on a TV station then
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:30 pm

I think its a great idea, surely widening our exposure as a footballing brand around the globe as well, more money for investment in the team Lee J, whenever that happens of course Lee J!!   :grinning:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby wiped » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:45 pm

Anybody else see Sky Digital's ad saying that you can watch highlights or the full match of any Prem Team after the final whistle has blown on match days ..... and , beleive it or not , at no extra cost !!!

I really hope I read that ad right ......  ???
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:46 pm

Its the way football is going and rather than resist it Id like to see us embrace it and have the best TV station  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:56 pm

yes very good, lets spend millions producing a TV station & show 'reserve' games on it.

waste of money we haven't really got!

ONLY MY OPINION THOUGH -  :;):
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:57 pm

Good opinion
Disagree mind you  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:30 pm

I think its a good move by the club on many levels. It could be a good pilot scheme to see how feasible it would be for the club to expand to a full time channel, one that could be broadcast to UK viewers.

Once again Parry seems to have got it right in the commercial sense. Rather than jumping in with two feet and paying the consequences later, its better to dip your toe in....

Just out of interest, how many of those in the UK that are moaning that its not available to them, are you also the ones that also vociferously declare that the club takes all your money? ???  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:33 pm

Lee J wrote:yes very good, lets spend millions producing a TV station & show 'reserve' games on it.

waste of money we haven't really got!

ONLY MY OPINION THOUGH -  :;):

Yeah, its really going to cost 'millions' to set up. Get real, we are not talking about setting up the BBC!!

Hell, we spent 10 million on Diouf, and all hes done is devalued the LFC brand around the globe!!!!!  :grinning:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:35 pm

Agree St M to be honest
I think that this type of venture is the way forward as its the way of the world these days we have to be a global product now to survive and compete.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:41 pm

wiped wrote:Anybody else see Sky Digital's ad saying that you can watch highlights or the full match of any Prem Team after the final whistle has blown on match days ..... and , beleive it or not , at no extra cost !!!

I really hope I read that ad right ......  ???

This is the news article from SkySports:

A new Saturday night programme on Sky Sports will offer extended highlights of every Premiership match played that day, and fans can choose which games they watch.
Football First will make its debut on the opening day of the Barclays Premiership season, Saturday August 14. 

There will be two parts to the programme:

· GAME OF THE DAY:  On-air at 8.30pm with the full 90 minutes of a match selected from the day's 3pm kick-offs. The decision on the Game of the Day will be made after 5pm on Saturday.

· MATCH CHOICE: At 10.15 pm, a choice from extended highlights of every game played that day. Sky digital viewers will be offered a menu of up to eight Premiership games; they can choose to watch their own team or any other featured. Highlights of all games will run for about 50 minutes each.

Sounds VVGood - but no doubt, they will get us used to the idea for a season, and then charge us next time around!!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion