Kirkland the best english goalkeeper?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:02 pm

I am sorry but Chris Kirkland after today's performance won't be England's best goalkeeper for a long time. In the first-half we were lucky not to conceed two goals after Kirkland's idiotic mistakes.

The goal we let in was simply shocking, it was ridiculous. We have only kept one clean sheet while Kirkland has been the goalkeeper, personaly I am not willing to watch us conceed goals like the one today so it wouldn't hurt if we brought back Jerzy Dudek.

Now aside from Kirkland the tactics we used today backfired. Benitez is a very tactical manager and he has shown his briliance against Arsenal but when we play on the road most of the tactics don't work out.

First why in the hell would you play Salif Diao? The muppet is a disgrace to all footballers. Why bring on Alonso ten minutes before full-time? We had the chance to climb up the Premier League table after a magnificent win over Olympiakos but our problem is once again inconstancy. 7 wins, 6 loses [5 loses on the road, 1 at home] and 3 draws. We aren't the best of sides on the road but we can't afford to lose so many games.

Now we play Portsmouth on Tuesday and I hope to God that we win that game because 7th place is starting to look awfuly nice.

I was expecting a bit more from today's game, at times I thought it was going to be a draw which would had been fine but one mistake and we lose the game.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:05 pm

You're right AB, Kirkland was poor today
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:06 pm

P!ss poor is more like it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:07 pm

i dont wanna say poor he was coz i cant say ****** on this forum
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:12 pm

Might I add that Steven Gerrard wasn't all that great today. He scored a nice goal and all against Olympiakos but once again he let's his frustration take over him and gets a yellow card. He made good tackles won the ball a few times and a chance or two but nothing great considering how good a player he is.

Josemi needs to calm down, nonsence defender but he has to control his aggression otherwise he will be seeing red cards more often. Riise on the other side was poor, Bent made him look like a fool in the box.

I don't know why Baros didn't play, he isn't 100% fit but at least give him 10 minutes to do something on the pitch.

I'm an optimistic person theres no doubt about that but today's performance was below average imo. We didn't control the game, Everton had more of the possesion and much in the first 20 or so minutes we went back to long balls. Started to look good in the second-half in the first ten or so minutes and after conceeding the goal we were pathetic.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:12 pm

Kirkland was shocking today ,  to me he looked stoned most of the game lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:13 pm

I have always stood behind Kirkland but based on today's performance, I am very dissapointed by him not making one single telling contribution today
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:15 pm

I have tried to voice my concerns over his poor displays lately, but I only get ridiculed here so that's why I give Kirkland thumbs up. He will become good, he is england's best goalkeeper, he is safe, he is lightening quick. he is not to blame for today's goal, he is not to blame for aston villa's goal, he is not to blame for olympiakos goal, he is not to blame for one of the blackburn goals, he is not to blame for coventry getting relegated by a wide margin conceding more than 2 goals per game on average, he is the boss. I rest my case.

WE ARE 12 POINTS BEHIND EVERTON. CL QUALIFICATION IS SLIPPIN AWAY.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:16 pm

lakes10 wrote:Kirkland was shocking today ,  to me he looked stoned most of the game lol

I don't see what the joke is here
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:18 pm

A.B. wrote:Now we play Portsmouth on Tuesday and I hope to God that we win that game because 7th place is starting to look awfuly nice.

don't sweat on it. we will beat portsmouth. Baros will be back  :D

Baros, Gerrard & Kewell on top form.

We will defo win.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:20 pm

banana wrote:WE ARE 12 POINTS BEHIND EVERTON.

pls don't write that again. i will puke. Honestly i will puke.... i will puke...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:20 pm

A.B. wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Kirkland was shocking today ,  to me he looked stoned most of the game lol

I don't see what the joke is here

there is no jole there i just think its funny that for the last few weeks i have been saying that he should be englands no1 and today i would not even pick him for my local sunday team
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:23 pm

The_Rock wrote:
A.B. wrote:Now we play Portsmouth on Tuesday and I hope to God that we win that game because 7th place is starting to look awfuly nice.

don't sweat on it. we will beat portsmouth. Baros will be back  :D

Baros, Gerrard & Kewell on top form.

We will defo win.

If Villa win which they propably will, a win will make no difference as we stay in 7th place. But we need to win because we face Newcastle at home next week.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:22 pm

I too have stuck by Kirkland but this last few weeks have been down right rediculous. He doesnt look like a quality keeper and seems to have no potential anymore. At times i watched him i though we have a good prospect in our hands, now i look at him and think we need a new reliable keep...like Paul Robinson.

Dont be surprised to see Dudek start against Pompey either!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:27 pm

Dudek.. Dudek.. Dudek  ... bring him on :)
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion