Kirkland the best english goalkeeper?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:29 pm

Damn right, bring on the Polish international.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby polygemus » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:34 pm

First why in the hell would you play Salif Diao? The muppet is a disgrace to all footballers

There's another big muppet as well. JOSEMI !! So many stray passes, throw-ins. Did u guys keep a count? I lost count after ten. Finnan is much better. We beat Arsenal with Finnan and Riise as fullbacks, remember.

Kirkland has let in some soft goals. The free-kick by Solano, the free kick by Rivaldo and today....
polygemus

Postby Gareth G » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:57 pm

I agree with the whole Josemi / Finnan deal. I think Finnan is a far better player than Josemi, much better going forward too. I think hes been Benitez's worst signing and i also believe Rafa only plays him to hope he changes so he can justify his purchase! Why else would he play him over Finnan? On another note, its still early but ive started to lean towards bigmicks opinion on Nunez, from what ive seen he doesnt look too good and could be replaced by someone better.

i think its time to give Dudek back his position in the starting line up to see how he fairs, it will maybe wake Chris up a bit too.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:31 pm

I still think Kirkland should be 1st choice but he's last 3 games inn't been the best, the free kick against Villa, the one against Olympiakos and today :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby espantoso » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:26 pm

Humans make mistakes, but i think that Kirkland is the best :cool:
RAFA RULEZZ
espantoso

Postby Redrider » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:45 pm

Kirkland is static on free-kicks. He needs to be sent away for some movement training, perhaps to a ballet school or something. He must have lost a lot, by being out injured for so long.
His confidence is now on the verge of being shot, his body language after today's goal had guilt stitched all through him.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:51 pm

I've been saying Dudek should be our first choice, hes the best shot stopper. Kirkland is a quiet keeper with no confidence. Remember Dudek last season at Anfield in the derby when he kept making save after save like a worldclass keeper.

I personally say Dudek is the better one here, bring him back! I dont wanna seem him leave in January for some Carson guy.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:22 pm

Ive always thought Dudek was the better of the two, but ive been fair to both parties. When Dudek was making mistakes i called for Kirkland to get his chance, he got it, done reasonably well and now hes losing it. Its time for Dudeks second run in my opinion.

Both have their own talents and flaws, Dudek is far more agile than Chris...probably to do with Kirklands huge frame. But Dudeks recent cup displays shows a player of refound confidence, if he gets picked over Chris for Tuesday it will send his confidence through the roof, now is the time to get the Dudek of his debut season back between the sticks.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1102639321 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:23 pm

kirkland is ******, end of story. not good enough for liverpool let alone england
100-1102639321

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:25 pm

Chris Kirkland has been the goalkeeper for 10 games, he has only kept one clean sheet and has only made 14 saves.

Jerzy Dudek was the goalkeeper for 6 games and kept 3 clean sheet's and made 20 saves.

Dudek should start.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:46 pm

I tell you we wouldn't have conceded against Villa and Olmpicykos which were freekicks and would have made our lifes more easier. Kirkland get bundles of cash not to just save but to sort out his god damn wall. No comminuation this guy has.

Dudek is my man, Kirkland should be heading back to his bench even though hes a very decent keeper.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:48 pm

I kinda miss Dudek in our lineup haha
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:51 pm

Let's look at the goals Kirkland has allowed. Starting off against Chelsea, Kirkland's first game back. Dudek would had a better chance stopping Joe Cole's shot.

Two goals conceeded against Fulham were sloppy as well, Dudek would had done a better job imo. Second goal conceeded against Blackburn was just as ridiculous as the one we conceeded today. Dudek would had done a better job on both of those shots.

The goal allowed against Birmingham was horrid as well, that could had been stopped if Kirkland put an effort and payed a bit more attention. Goal that we let in last week should had been stopped by a goalkeeper who is tall enough to stop it, but Kirkland wasn't fast enough to do so.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:16 am

A.B. wrote:Let's look at the goals Kirkland has allowed. Starting off against Chelsea, Kirkland's first game back. Dudek would had a better chance stopping Joe Cole's shot.

Two goals conceeded against Fulham were sloppy as well, Dudek would had done a better job imo. Second goal conceeded against Blackburn was just as ridiculous as the one we conceeded today. Dudek would had done a better job on both of those shots.

The goal allowed against Birmingham was horrid as well, that could had been stopped if Kirkland put an effort and payed a bit more attention. Goal that we let in last week should had been stopped by a goalkeeper who is tall enough to stop it, but Kirkland wasn't fast enough to do so.

I agree. Dudek is a far better goalkeeper. I have been critical of Kirkland from day one. He is too slow and his movement makes him look silly. I KNOW Dudek would have saved Carsley's effort and most of the goals Kirkland have conceded. 12 points behind Everton, mid table. No more time to experiment. Give us back our first team goalkeeper NOW.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:05 am

I prefer Kirkland,hes had a bad game or 2 but so what- a few of the better Liverpool keepers had bad spells too. He will come good -Alan Greens comments on him today where over the top. :Oo:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion