Kirkland the best english goalkeeper?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:12 am

Mikz wrote:I prefer Kirkland,hes had a bad game or 2 but so what- a few of the better Liverpool keepers had bad spells too. He will come good -Alan Greens comments on him today where over the top. :Oo:

He hasn't kept a clean sheet since October. He doesn't look confident on the goal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:14 am

give Dudek a run, he will have been working hard at training and is defo the better shot stopper of the two, his weaknesss is coming to collect crosses, corners etc, but Kirkland for such a big man has failed to impose himself in that area while playing.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:13 am

Kirkland couldn't command his penalty area...end of
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:44 am

Yes dudek should play. That does not mean we have to get rid of kirkland. Rafa should ask the goalkeeping coach to sort him out......

Kirkland has all tha attributes to be a top class goalkeeper. But don't know why he moves so slow. Was he always like this ?

If he was, i can't believe how houllier can pay 9 million for him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:37 pm

The_Rock wrote:Yes dudek should play. That does not mean we have to get rid of kirkland. Rafa should ask the goalkeeping coach to sort him out......

Kirkland has all tha attributes to be a top class goalkeeper. But don't know why he moves so slow. Was he always like this ?

I seriously think he needs something like ballet or gymnastics coaching, to improve his movement.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:41 pm

Redrider wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Yes dudek should play. That does not mean we have to get rid of kirkland. Rafa should ask the goalkeeping coach to sort him out......

I seriously think he needs something like ballet or gymnastics coaching, to improve his movement.

I think it is too late for that. Those ballet lessons should have been taken 10 years back. Kirkland has no balance, no reflexes and no movement whatsoever. He is a big ruy, but that's all. We have dropped 5-10 points because of his blunders. Now I know why Coventry got relegated and why they conceded so many goals.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:45 pm

Kirkland was blindsighted for the goal, I dont know why people are blaming him for it, he would only have seen it at the last minute.

Though he did flap on a few other occasions.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:21 am

Kirkland needs to look at himself. 2 goals in the same week scored straight down the middle of the goal.

The Carsley goal was a howler.

I hope we make a bid for Niemi next month
tel

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:54 am

Kirkland is still a good goalkepper, and very young, so has loads of time to strengthen his allround game, but I would give Dudek a run as he is a better shot-stopper and more agile than Kirkalnd, although you risk the odd howler when he is in there.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:50 am

Give Dudek the 1st team. He'll cherish it having the chance again. His experience will prove. He can command the defense better.

Kirky on the other hand needs to know he is not the flavour of the month and certainly not at his best. Though he might still come good. But meanwhile, he needs to get back to basics. He can't depend on the back four to hold his position!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:13 pm

TBH neither of them are really good enough in my view. More Foolier legacy I'm afraid. Stick 'em in the bargain bucket with all the other rubbish. Oh and while we're at it, put Cuddicini on that list of blokes we'll take as part exchange for Gerrard off Chelsea. The goalkeeper, Scott Parker, Huth and 15 million anyone?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:05 pm

Sadly I think you are right about the goalies,Bigmick.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:14 pm

The only thing is, Cuddicini is pushing on a bit. Hes in his early 30's aint he?

Also, i think Niemi is retiring at the end of the season.

Anyone know about this Scott Carson? We are supposedly going to be making a move for him in January, all i know is hes 19 and plays for Leeds. I would mind saying him in action.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:16 pm

i am a kirkland fan but i have to admit that his positioning in the past few weeks has been somewhat suspect. ok against olympiakos the wall broke in two but the ball still went down the centre of the goal. the same for the carsley goal and the solano free kick against villa.

dudek must be pulling his hair out, especially after his brilliant display against spurs in the league cup.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:29 pm

I havn't been impressed with Chris Kirkland since his first game against Chelsea this season, he looked ever so nervous and shaky to me since his first game of this season.

I heard that Dudek doesn't get on well with Rafa, not sure if it's true. Dudek havn't been played well in the early of the season, but played well in the League Cup matches.

Why can't we try Paul Harrison to see how he go in the first team? Just give him a chance to see how he go then.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion