Kewell set to return next week.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthernScouser » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:35 pm

I'd welcome Harry back - no problem
Wouldn't want to rush him back though
The last I read about him - they were saying he'd been carrying an injury for a while - lost his confidence & ultimately his form

We have to accept though - that CGGY is right - Harry has not been injured all of the time since he signed from Leeds - and we have seen nothing like the best out of him.
We've been teased with the odd flashes of brilliance only to be let down in the next 5 games etc
If this treatment & break has done the trick - lets not rush him back
We just cannot afford the luxury of letting any current fit players go off on International Duties unless it's a tournament or qualifier
If the press & FIFA start trying to force our hand - then just do a Ferguson "he's got a little injury, or he's picked up another niggle"
It seems to work for the Scum - why not us

At the end of the day - there aren't that many games left and we are at the most critical part of our season now
It could mean the difference between flopping again this season
or coming away with the Mickey Mouse (milk,worthington, rumbelows, league, coca cola - whatever it is) Cup, a Champions League place - or even a shot at the Champions League Trophy.
We have to be 110% selfish towards the Liverpool cause
F*ck Everything else.
SouthernScouser

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:44 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
el_stinger wrote:This is the dumbest response from a liverpool supporter ive ever heard. Kewell was injured fools, has been for quite some time. He was coming into form, and Harry never cries wolf when it comes to injuries. Now Farina, even though he would like to bring Harry to South Africa, won't risk the player by playing a full match with him, and that, Rafa has to be clear with Farina about. The same way Houllier was with Farina last year. To make yourself available for your country is an honorable gesture, and for you f.cks who bash us Aussies for doing so is quite absurd. Harry would know his weaknesses, and what he can and can't do. Stop talking $hit and start posting some positive news for once. Hate this $hit i come onto everyday here, I am f.cking embarassed to be associated with you "fans" if this is the way you act. F.cking grow up c.nt$, support our team and our players.

??? Who are you reffering too callin us c$nts?
Harrys we have never seen the form Harry had at Leeds, and we CANNOT I repeat CANNOT afford anymore injuries to the team.
Are you mad that you would want him to go to Durban and play for Oz in a friendly have jetlag and tiredness cause hes not match fit anyway.
Or would you prefer him to stay at Melwood and get himself fit enough to play in the Carling cup the Champions league, and our premiership games?
Cause errrrr Hello we need 4th spot.
I know which one I prefer.

Sorry, but i use the term loosely. Im just sick of ppl giving Harry $hit, or any player $hit, due to bad form through injury. Nunez is a prime example. As for 4th spot, yeah its my main priority before you girls started crying about the FA cup exit. I was saying long ago that it should be our main aim then compete in a (sorry but its how it is now) mickey mouse cups. 4th spot and Champions League should be our main aims for this season.
As for Kewell competing in a friendly, you said so yourself that us Aussies only play once in a while, its hard for you Europeans to understand that our players cover a vast amount of the globe to play their football. We are not in a luxury as most European countries have their players very, very close by to compete in friendlies. Secondly, friendlies are used to boost morale of the team, and with football in such a state in Australia at the moment, by god, we need a World Cup final to attend.
I don't want Harry to get injured, dont get me wrong, but the amount of flak that the Aussie players get (besides Viduka, he is a d.ck head) for playing for their country is beyond me, and goes to show that you Europeans don't know how much it means for other players to play for their country. Same happened to Titi Camara, just for an example. Riise was injured too last year playing for Norway. It can happen to anyone, and Harry should see the game as a chance to get match fit, otherwise he can stay and workout at Melwood, and practise his corners.
Match fitness is what he needs after his injury is 100% clear.
Sorry for the cussing.

And Rock, at least i got the bollo.ks to apologise for the cussing. hint.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:57 pm

Let it go sunshine....... I don't wanna get in a flame war with you .........  :cool:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:04 pm

ok
it might just be that ive been playing football manager 2005 way too much but im really looking forward to seeing kewell back, if he is totally fit and healthy now.
i know risse has done a class job for us on the left but i feel better when hes lb and not traore (still like traore, but he needs competition!!!)
kewel attacking on form is class, so i welcome him back
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:13 pm

I would welcome kewell back too. He can put in a half a$$ crosses  (how many times has he done that this season)....but this time morientas will be @ the end of them (by scoring of course  :;): )
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:15 pm

any uninjured player will do now :(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:35 pm

I agree AA, Kewell looked like he was getting back in form. It's good to have him back
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:11 pm

If he stays fit he will almost certainly figure (probably up front) against Leverkusen so it is good to see him return. Nobody on here would doubt that if he can consistently produce somewhere near his best form he would be a worthy addition to this or any previous Liverpool team. I really think he's that good. The simple fact is that we haven't seen anywhere near that level yet. here's hoping that the doc's have fixed him up and he is about to blossom. He, along with a few others in our squad, must look at our current situation with injuries but with a good chance of reaching the Champions League quarters and think they have a chance to define their whole career in these next three months.
I've said it before, if we get past the Germans and I think we will, then anything is possible. Kewell is like Garcia in that he is maddeningly inconsistent but if he has one of THOSE nights, well you never know......
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:12 pm

Paul C wrote:Glad to hear Harry is feeling good, that means he will be confident when he steps on the pitch, fingers crossed he'll be like the Kewell of old :)

i think he will just turn into the kewell of this year, but it will help the squad out though.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:19 pm

I felt Harry started the season in better form than many others were prepared to admit, but that decent form quickly ebbed away to the point where his confidence was non-existent, and he had a succession of truly awful matches. Fitness issues regarding injuries still need to be addressed though.

The best players play well in at least eight of every ten games. But they tend to be in the best sides; it's very very hard to get that kind of consistency in an inconsistent side - sometimes you will not be involved as your teammates can't find you with the ball. As the team improves, so will Harry.

As I've been saying all season: even at his worst, judge him as a passing player in a passing team. Has there been a better pass this season than his assist for Baros against Newcastle? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:22 pm

stmichael wrote:I felt Harry started the season in better form than many others were prepared to admit, but that decent form quickly ebbed away to the point where his confidence was non-existent, and he had a succession of truly awful matches. Fitness issues regarding injuries still need to be addressed though.

The best players play well in at least eight of every ten games. But they tend to be in the best sides; it's very very hard to get that kind of consistency in an inconsistent side - sometimes you will not be involved as your teammates can't find you with the ball. As the team improves, so will Harry.

As I've been saying all season: even at his worst, judge him as a passing player in a passing team. Has there been a better pass this season than his assist for Baros against Newcastle? ???

hey i never said it was a bad thing that he will be coming back, hes improving and passing. It will help the squad out alot.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:24 pm

el_stinger wrote:Harry would know his weaknesses, and what he can and can't do.

Is that why he said that he felt like he could jump from the roof of a building and land on the next? :D
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:13 pm

stmichael wrote:I felt Harry started the season in better form than many others were prepared to admit, but that decent form quickly ebbed away to the point where his confidence was non-existent, and he had a succession of truly awful matches. Fitness issues regarding injuries still need to be addressed though.

Are you forgetting his pass to Baros against Crystal Palace? Brilliant as well, pass to Baros and a goal right before half-time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:43 am

One of these day's Kewell will get it together, and return to his Leeds form.  He wasn't too proud to beg Rafa for help.  Have faith in him.  His form has been decimated with the number of injuries he has had.  All he needs to do now is stay free from injuries - as long as he doesn't shy away from tackles.

Come on Harry, it's time to earn your money!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:10 am

L-type wrote:
el_stinger wrote:Harry would know his weaknesses, and what he can and can't do.

Is that why he said that he felt like he could jump from the roof of a building and land on the next? :D

Injury wise mate, and i never heard him say that, when was it and wheres the proof?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion