Kewell expected to return

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:27 am

c'mon Kewell, help Liverpool to the top of the premier league and then win the world cup for Australia!!!!!!! ............... :(
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:49 am

are you micheal jackson by any chance :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:53 am

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think Kewell will come back and be a bit of a revelation. He knows he hasn't done the business yet, hasn't displayed his obvious talent enough and has let himself down physically. He is a Red supporter at heart and willwant to show the fans what he's really made of.
That allied to what has become known amongst the club physios as the "Darren Anderton principle", whereby it can be assumed without fear of equivocation that a player who is constantly injured and lacking in form will miraculously rediscover said ability and will be tearing around like a madman as his contract enters it's latter stages. I think we can expect to see a fully fit and focused Mr Kewell on his return.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:56 am

I hope your right Mick,can still remember how excited i was when we signed him.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:04 pm

Kewell has nothing to lose, people's hopes of him and sank so anything he produces is a bonus, personally I've forgoten about Harry cos he hardly plays :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:12 pm

Paul C wrote:Kewell has nothing to lose, people's hopes of him and sank so anything he produces is a bonus, personally I've forgoten about Harry cos he hardly plays :(

well said croydon fella.

Expectations have flipped completly and now everyone thinks "the lazy c.unt will be sh.it today again" when his name is called.

this is a good thing as their isn't a weight of expectation on him so he can relax and play freely the way kewell should.
109-1093441336

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:23 pm

I totally forgotten about him to be perfectly honest. Seeing this post actually reminded me that he is still a Liverpool player. Look at it this way, he has to perform. Otherwise the following may happen.

1) He'll be eventually dropped from the Liverpool 1st team.

2) He won't find himself any possible suitors, because they'll
    percieve him to be a has-been and not make the risk.
    (Decent football clubs anyway!)
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:15 pm

Its amazing im actually waiting anxiously for Kewell's return  :D
Houllier=LFC

Postby RedRoots » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:34 pm

An in-form Kewell is exactly what we need right now with some flair and creativity up front, hopefully he comes back fighting and gets Garcia or Zenden out of the first team?
RedRoots

Postby madred » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:36 pm

Im with Bigmick on this one. Im expecting him to come back in a big way provided he can finally stay injury free? He still has to be given a chance and Rafa will give him this but time is running out for him and i hope its not a case of his best days were at Leeds.
Last edited by madred on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:21 pm

i've said time and again, Rafa rates Kewell.  He started him in the CL final when he was only 70% fit because he knew he was better than any other option we had.  Judging by our perfomances....we're solid at the back, we can control games well....we just need a spark from one of the wings...and Kewell might be it!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:45 pm

He needs a haircut, then he should be considered for selection.

At this moment it seems Rafa will let him go, but there is always a way back, only one way back really, produce the results on the pitch, and get a haircut.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:03 am

He needs a haircut, then he should be considered for selection.

The David Moyes book of Tactics there i see  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:09 am

I still feel Kewell can be a star for us. When he was at Leeds he was'nt just good, or effective, he was fantastic. I'm as dissapointed as the next guy with the way things have gone for him, but I am still glad he's ours, IMO he's better than any other left winger(including duff) and when it comes good...f.uck me, its goona BE good. Place that in ones pipe.

Also I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to my cats new mate(on the left there), yes the old red liverbird. :)  calls for a smiley!
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:13 pm

neil wrote:I still feel Kewell can be a star for us. When he was at Leeds he was'nt just good, or effective, he was fantastic. I'm as dissapointed as the next guy with the way things have gone for him, but I am still glad he's ours, IMO he's better than any other left winger(including duff) and when it comes good...f.uck me, its goona BE good.

agree with this which is what makes me even more pi$$ed off.

kewell in 2001-2002 was truly world class. all the top clubs in italy were sniffing around him as were manure and arsenal. to be fair to him he started well for us. i think he scored something like 9 goals for us before christmas in his first season but then got his ankle injury and hasn't been the same since.

i still think benitez must see something in the guy. whether you agreed with the decision or not, rafa started him in both our finals last season (although both decisions backfired). an on form kewell would be a massive bonus for us but i just can't see it happening. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion