Kewell set to return next week.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:25 am

Well actually I was suprised that Jonny Warren wasnt voted the best australian player - and at the moment talk of selling Kewell is a mute point because 1 we dont have the depth to to sell him at the moment and 2 the transfer window is about to close so we couldnt really sell him if we wanted to.  Anyway you're p1ss1ng me off, im gone.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 am

Starbridge42 wrote:talk of selling Kewell is a mute point . Anyway you're p1ss1ng me off, im gone.

The word is "moot"
And Cya   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:35 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Well actually I was suprised that Jonny Warren wasnt voted the best australian player - and at the moment talk of selling Kewell is a mute point because 1 we dont have the depth to to sell him at the moment and 2 the transfer window is about to close so we couldnt really sell him if we wanted to.  Anyway you're p1ss1ng me off, im gone.

:D Dont let the door hit ya on your way out :D
He he it is a known fact that yous defend him to the highest heaven even when hes been playing sh#t.
But as woof said it is only a friendly and he should want to play for LFC who are infact paying his over inflated salary, and he was swanning off at every chance he got.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:16 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Starbridge42 wrote:Well actually I was suprised that Jonny Warren wasnt voted the best australian player - and at the moment talk of selling Kewell is a mute point because 1 we dont have the depth to to sell him at the moment and 2 the transfer window is about to close so we couldnt really sell him if we wanted to.  Anyway you're p1ss1ng me off, im gone.

He he it is a known fact that yous defend him to the highest heaven even when hes been playing sh#t.
But as woof said it is only a friendly and he should want to play for LFC who are infact paying his over inflated salary, and he was swanning off at every chance he got.

Cisse.....should it not be Morientes_gona_get_ya !!  :D  :D  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:44 pm

I'm delighted to see Kewell is on his way back. Before his latest injury there was evidence that he was begining to find some form and to get some confidence back - Plus he was working very hard for the team, winning headers, tackling back and doing all the dirty work. Kewell has hidden behind his fitness as an excuse at times this season. He is now telling us he feels top of the world so maybe he can really push on from here.
I'll be happy to see him him back on the left, Riise back at left back and Djimi Cryuff back in his tracksuit.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:56 pm

This is a golden opportunity for Kewell given that we have half the squad missing through injury and players like Garcia not exactly setting the world alight. I really hope he can find some of his old form as I think the rest of this season could be a "now or never" time for him
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:02 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

Cisse.....should it not be Morientes_gona_get_ya !!  :D  :D  :D

:( Im goin mad I choose this name now, but CIGGY has sort of stuck with me :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:09 pm

This is the dumbest response from a liverpool supporter ive ever heard. Kewell was injured fools, has been for quite some time. He was coming into form, and Harry never cries wolf when it comes to injuries. Now Farina, even though he would like to bring Harry to South Africa, won't risk the player by playing a full match with him, and that, Rafa has to be clear with Farina about. The same way Houllier was with Farina last year. To make yourself available for your country is an honorable gesture, and for you f.cks who bash us Aussies for doing so is quite absurd. Harry would know his weaknesses, and what he can and can't do. Stop talking $hit and start posting some positive news for once. Hate this $hit i come onto everyday here, I am f.cking embarassed to be associated with you "fans" if this is the way you act. F.cking grow up c.nt$, support our team and our players.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:11 pm

i hope he comes back and provides morientes will some quality serivce
109-1105722616

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 pm

Mori is definetly missing some service, and with Garcia's slump in form, he aint been getting any air balls, and Kewell CAN deliver those perfectly. Lets hope he gets into some early form for us to be a force in the next few weeks.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:23 pm

lets just hope the injury curse doesnt strike again, knowing our luck morientes will probably end up injured.
109-1105722616

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Don't curse him you witch!
He'll be right, come to think of it, has he ever been severely injured?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:48 pm

el_stinger wrote:This is the dumbest response from a liverpool supporter ive ever heard. Kewell was injured fools, has been for quite some time. He was coming into form, and Harry never cries wolf when it comes to injuries. Now Farina, even though he would like to bring Harry to South Africa, won't risk the player by playing a full match with him, and that, Rafa has to be clear with Farina about. The same way Houllier was with Farina last year. To make yourself available for your country is an honorable gesture, and for you f.cks who bash us Aussies for doing so is quite absurd. Harry would know his weaknesses, and what he can and can't do. Stop talking $hit and start posting some positive news for once. Hate this $hit i come onto everyday here, I am f.cking embarassed to be associated with you "fans" if this is the way you act. F.cking grow up c.nt$, support our team and our players.

??? Who are you reffering too callin us c$nts?
Harrys we have never seen the form Harry had at Leeds, and we CANNOT I repeat CANNOT afford anymore injuries to the team.
Are you mad that you would want him to go to Durban and play for Oz in a friendly have jetlag and tiredness cause hes not match fit anyway.
Or would you prefer him to stay at Melwood and get himself fit enough to play in the Carling cup the Champions league, and our premiership games?
Cause errrrr Hello we need 4th spot.
I know which one I prefer.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:12 pm

I am all for players going back for impt national team matches....but for friendlies ? And just when he is coming off an injury ?

And noticing the language both el_stinger & marklfc spourt i guess they are either :

1)Siegfried & Roy
2)1 dickhead using 2 nicks

take your pick  :D
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:30 pm

Smicer's coming back too. And before some dickhead posts sh1t about smicer..........

1)1st of all, he is a LFC player. Give him a chance to prove himself under rafa. I mean for god's sake, even rafa gave diao a chance......
2)He could be the one to replace alonso if we ain't gonna buy any more central midfielders.

http://www.bootroom.org/forum/portal.php?topic_id=4163

Amidst all the injury news afflicting the Anfield faithful there was an iota of good news this morning. Vladimir Smicer is back in training and looking to take part ina reserve game within the next 2-3 weeks.

Smicer has been out since pre-season with a knee injury. The Czech international has had an up and down Anfield career since joining in 1999, more down than up, but many are confident that he can be an asset to the team seeing the new style of football brought in by Rafa Benitez.

That Smicer is a very talented player is an understatement. Even youngsters such as Anthony Le Tallec have openly stated that he is the best player in training. His international record (some 25 goals for the Czech team) and performances are a sure sign of pedigree. Despite all this he has failed to maintain any consistent form since arriving at Anfield. He has often been injured and has often been anonymous. His best season to date was the 00/01 campaign when he scored some 6-7 goals and did well in many games. He also had a good run in the team in the latter part of 01/02. However the good moments have only been glimpses of what Smicer could do rather than consistent proof.

The style of football employed by Gerard Houllier got progressively more difficult for a player like Smicer to adapt to. Smicer is all about clever runs into the box, quick one-twos and playing off the strikers. If Smicer is stuck out on the right hand side and the team is playing long-ball (as it increasingly did in 02/03 and 03-04) then there is little chance of him making an impact.

Rafael Benitez's style is more about passing the ball around and whilst he often plays 4-5-1 his 4-5-1 is not a defensiver 4-5-1 but more a 4-5-1 that becomes 4-3-3 when attacking. Smicer can do well in such a team. It is hoped that Smicer will rise to the challenge. It is his biggest challenge to date. Smicer is out of contract in summer, so he will have to work hard to earn a new one. Time is not on his side as we are well into the season. He will need to get rid of the rustiness pretty quickly. The injury list at Anfield may give him more playing time than he expected so the chance is there for the taking.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion