Just if! - Michael owen returns

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfused » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:11 pm

If MO returned would he fit into the new team with the players we now have?
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:12 pm

kindaconfused wrote:If MO returned would he fit into the new team with the players we now have?

yes, no questions asked.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:14 pm

Right he would, it is ironic that Michael left for Real, after we choked his style for years under GH, and now he has gone we play the exact style that would suit him down to the ground, and he wouls suit it.

Like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:16 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Right he would, it is ironic that Michael left for Real, after we choked his style for years under GH, and now he has gone we play the exact style that would suit him down to the ground, and he wouls suit it.

Like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

if owen had the chances that baros has had so far he'd be in double figures already. there are signs that he's finding his feet again slowly at real madrid which is a real kick in the teeth. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 106-1093504160 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:45 pm

yes n yes
106-1093504160

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:47 pm

Owen would make better use of the service from midfield than Cisse.
Alonso's long balls would suit owen down to the ground.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:53 pm

judge wrote:yes n yes

And yes
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:41 pm

Owen was a big part of our problems. He was one dimesional, and he did not work very hard.  He was not the best team player, and he was stationary and he had lost his pace. I think it is for the best that he is gone, and we can build a new team with hard working, honest players.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:42 pm

He wont be coming back so useless startin another MO thread  :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:48 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:He wont be coming back so useless startin another MO thread  :O

Ooooh time of the month is it ?

<---- Clutches his handbag in both hands to his chest.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:03 pm

banana wrote:Owen was a big part of our problems. He was one dimesional, and he did not work very hard. 

Owen, may not have been multi-dimentional, but you could never say that he did not work hard.
There were many games when the service from midfield was well less than crisp ! Owen would cover every blade of grass on the park, running into deep and wide positions to make himself available for a half decent ball.
I do have some reservations, about the possibility of a return for Owen and I do agree it is unlikely, however, I do think he would make much better use of the ball being made available by the current midfield than the unfortunate Cisse who has not yet gelled with either the providers or his current strike partner.
The problem with the midfield of the previous era was their inability to play the swift incisive ball that Owen thrived on, the best ball he recevied was from Gerrard, playing his long balls from deep. We now have Alonso, pushing up with his swift accurate counter balls that Garcia is picking up. Owen would have bagged a dozen goals by now. 
A sad 'if only' I am afraid.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby spud » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Don't care
spud

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:46 pm

I don't think it was necessarily Owen who was one-dimensional to be fair, more the system that Houllier employed. Let's be honest, Shevchenko Renaldo or any other 'O' you care to mention would struggle to look impressive and part of a cohesive unit when playing alongside Heskey. Clearly, any striker playing for us worth his salt is going to get his share of chances now, particularly at Anfield. If Owen was that man, he would almost certainly convert more than either Baros or Cisse.
That said, I'm not in favour of him returning. He's not, in my opinion, the player he once was. His involvement in build-up play is average at best, certainly inferior to Cisse or Baros and the nasty taste left in the mouth by the selfish manner of his contract stalling then departure is difficult to expunge (not sure expunge is the right word there, not even sure it is a word at all but if its not, it should be). No, fickle ballocks here has decided, based on fifteen seconds of St Mikes Mista clips that he is the man (that's Mista, not St mike though he probably is the man too).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:27 pm

Agree with bigmick.....

Even if Owen was offered to us,I doubt Benitez would take up the option.We are moving on without him.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:41 am

i still say owen would be an asset if he would return
he would be the 30 goal scorer we use to have but porbably more with the better midfield
but he is gone so what are u going to do
better to move on than sit here and sulk
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion