Juanito on his way to anfield?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:56 pm

Ive never heard of him as I dont follow other leagues much anyone else know him and is he a good player?
Would he do well in the prem should he come? He used to partner Josemi at Malaga.

Spanish centre-half tipped for Liverpool move
19:00 February, 7, 2005
Liverpool are set to offer a pre-contract to Juanito.

The 24-year-old Malaga defender is out of contract at the end of the season, and the Reds have twice sent scouts to monitor his form in recent weeks.

And the reports have been impressive, prompting manager Rafael Benitez to follow up his interest, with reports suggesting an offer will be made in the coming weeks.

And whilst his agent Ramon Arasa admits it is possible his client will stay with Malaga, he has also offered the opinion that a move away from the club is likely.

"At this moment I believe the destiny of the player is closer to another club," said Arasa. "We have propositions from Spain and Europe.

“This subject (of a new contract) is still on stand-by. Malaga have not said never to a possible new deal, but time is passing."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:59 pm

Liverpool are keeping tabs on Malaga defender Juanito who will be out of contract at the end of the season.
The Reds are understood to have dispatched scouts to watch the 24-year-old twice in the last month, although boss Rafa Benitez has held a long-term interest in the centre back - who can also play as a defensive midfielder.
Benitez was considering a move for Juanito last summer when he moved for then Malaga team-mate Josemi, and has kept a watching brief on the player's progress.
The fact he will become a free agent in the summer makes him an even more interesting option, and Malaga - who are in a desperate battle to avoid relegation from La Primera - are still stalling on offering him a new deal.
Juanito's agent, Ramon Arasa, confirmed he has fielded interest from abroad in his client, and believes the player is more likely to move on at the end of the season than stay at La Rosaleda.
"At this moment I believe the destiny of the player is closer to another club," he stated.
"We have propositions from Spain and Europe."
On the possibility of the player being offered a new contract by Malaga, he continued: "This subject is still on stand-by.
"Malaga have not said never to a possible new deal, but time is passing."
If Liverpool do, as expected, firm up their interest in the stopper they are likely to face competition from Deportivo La Coruna who have also been mooted as long-term admirers.
Benitez has already brought in six players from La Liga, and is known to favour the Spanish market for the value he feels he can achieve from it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:04 pm

Don't know him ,but at least he's under 25 :D
On the downside , Christs sake not another spaniard !!! :D

Seriously , Houllier and a massive influx of french players , Rafa and an influx of spanish players . Admittedly Alonso and Morientes are top draw but I feel uneasy when our mgr does all his shopping in one shop .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:06 pm

Yer but his name sounds famous :D  not like Josemi who we had never heard of, someone on here will have heard of him Maybe 1234Spam will think hes wicked :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:09 pm

He's a spanish international that is pushing Helguera out of the back four. He's the only good thing at malaga at the mo and it's not only us a depor who want him. I'd love him to come here. He is v strong and fast and relishes big games. When Malaga were playing Real he was trying to mark Ronaldo and Owen at the same time and he wasn't doing that bad. Benitez goes to get Spanish players because they want to play for him and he knows how to get them for a good price. By the sound of it, we could even get him for free.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:11 pm

he can't be any worse than pellegrino :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:11 pm

Who's our man/member in Barcelona ?
(bit pis'sed can't remember his name)
He'll give us the lowdown.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:18 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:He's a spanish international that is pushing Helguera out of the back four. He's the only good thing at malaga at the mo and it's not only us a depor who want him. I'd love him to come here. He is v strong and fast and relishes big games. When Malaga were playing Real he was trying to mark Ronaldo and Owen at the same time and he wasn't doing that bad. Benitez goes to get Spanish players because they want to play for him and he knows how to get them for a good price. By the sound of it, we could even get him for free.

Thanx for that feedback Ace.
Malaga did have a good run last season.Not knowing much about this guy maybe a test of his worth will be the competiton we have to sign him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:21 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:He's a spanish international that is pushing Helguera out of the back four. He's the only good thing at malaga at the mo and it's not only us a depor who want him. I'd love him to come here. He is v strong and fast and relishes big games. When Malaga were playing Real he was trying to mark Ronaldo and Owen at the same time and he wasn't doing that bad. Benitez goes to get Spanish players because they want to play for him and he knows how to get them for a good price. By the sound of it, we could even get him for free.

Thanx for that feedback Ace.
Malaga did have a good run last season.Not knowing much about this guy maybe a test of his worth will be the competiton we have to sign him.

Apart from depor, I can see people like Valencia, Barca and some others all chasing him. He's got talent. I think we'll get him. And he would be great with Carra.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:He used to partner Josemi at Malaga.

good god. :O
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:25 pm

stmichael wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 pm

stmichael wrote:

:laugh: He did  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:28 pm

I'm all for any kind of player who will improve our squad and give depth. Could be green. I won't hate.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:42 pm

policy wrote:I'm all for any kind of player who will improve our squad and give depth. Could be green. I won't hate.

Neither will we Policy but the key words are "any kind of player who will improve our squad"
With the injuries we've had this season almost any player who can walk would be an improvement to the squad .
But more seriously we have six players from La Liga and imo only two of them look like positive buys (long term).

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:15 pm

Pellegrino wasn't signed for the future he was signed for cover.

He was injured half of the time he was at Valencia this year and had no match fitness, and automatically you expect a 33 year old to fit in and play superbly asap?

Time will tell whether Josemi,Garcia and Nunez will be playing for the long-term for us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion