JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm

He's picked up a couple here and there. But he's plays more than he misses. Unlike Aurelio (who for me was a better player) but couldn't seem to string 5 games together apart from one season.

I think he's quality, and to be frank, when Carragher slagged him off on Sky Sports It lessened my respect for Carra's "knowledge" of the game.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Some news on JE, don't think he'll be back this season by the sounds of it

http://www.clubcall.com/liverpool/defen ... 14746.html?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm wrote:He's picked up a couple here and there. But he's plays more than he misses. Unlike Aurelio (who for me was a better player) but couldn't seem to string 5 games together apart from one season.

I think he's quality, and to be frank, when Carragher slagged him off on Sky Sports It lessened my respect for Carra's "knowledge" of the game.

So because Carra doesn't rate Enrique as much as you, his knowledge of the game is in question?

Wow, your f.ucking ego is bigger than I thought - and I thought it was already morbidly obese.

:bump It's official Stu knows more about the game than Carra. Sky take note. :bump
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm wrote:He's picked up a couple here and there. But he's plays more than he misses. Unlike Aurelio (who for me was a better player) but couldn't seem to string 5 games together apart from one season.

So because Carra doesn't rate Enrique as much as you, his knowledge of the game is in question?

Wow, your f.ucking ego is bigger than I thought - and I thought it was already morbidly obese.

:bump It's official Stu knows more about the game than Carra. Sky take note. :bump

Carragher put Lampard ahead of Scholes, says it all really. :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:

Carragher put Lampard ahead of Scholes, says it all really. :laugh:

Like I said Stu - we all have opinions. Carragher's may not match yours but the fact of the matter remains he has an opinion based on far more information that you have. That makes him more credible.

Maybe if you got to sit down with him to ask him why you'd get the reasons why. Until that happens by criticising his "knowledge of the game" you only make a mockery of yourself.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Stu you seem to have a soft spot for quite a few of the United players. Is there something you are trying to tell us  :laugh: Let's face it you slag off more of our players than anybody else on this Liverpool forum and now you have a go at Carra who to be fair should know a bit more about Enrique than you. You really do go into "talk shite" mode far too often. Can't you turn it off in Preferences on your computer  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:03 pm

devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm wrote:Stu you seem to have a soft spot for quite a few of the United players. Is there something you are trying to tell us  :laugh: Let's face it you slag off more of our players than anybody else on this Liverpool forum and now you have a go at Carra who to be fair should know a bit more about Enrique than you. You really do go into "talk shite" mode far too often. Can't you turn it off in Preferences on your computer  :laugh:

He obviously doesn't.

Jamie has it in his head when it comes to players, if they don't listen to him they're no good. What they're doing is "wrong". He has a massive ego and rates himself far higher than he should. The lad was an excellent servant and a superb professional, he was switched on and could play to instructions perfectly but he was extremely limited. When he starts slagging off players who had more natural talent than himself that makes him sound bitter to be quite honest. I've often heard him talking with Neville on Sky Sports and there has been a fair few times where I just wished he'd shut up and stop embarrassing himself.

As for the comment about having a soft spot... there are very few players I have any sort of spot for. I am however fair and a first and foremost a football fan, if someone's a great player or knows the game inside out then I'm happy to listen to them, whether they're to do with Man Utd, Liverpool Fc or Prescot Cables.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:03 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 pm wrote:Stu you seem to have a soft spot for quite a few of the United players. Is there something you are trying to tell us  :laugh: Let's face it you slag off more of our players than anybody else on this Liverpool forum and now you have a go at Carra who to be fair should know a bit more about Enrique than you. You really do go into "talk shite" mode far too often. Can't you turn it off in Preferences on your computer  :laugh:

He obviously doesn't.

Jamie has it in his head when it comes to players, if they don't listen to him they're no good. What they're doing is "wrong". He has a massive ego and rates himself far higher than he should. The lad was an excellent servant and a superb professional, he was switched on and could play to instructions perfectly but he was extremely limited. When he starts slagging off players who had more natural talent than himself that makes him sound bitter to be quite honest. I've often heard him talking with Neville on Sky Sports and there has been a fair few times where I just wished he'd shut up and stop embarrassing himself.

As for the comment about having a soft spot... there are very few players I have any sort of spot for. I am however fair and a first and foremost a football fan, if someone's a great player or knows the game inside out then I'm happy to listen to them, whether they're to do with Man Utd, Liverpool Fc or Prescot Cables.
I am yet to see the reason why Carragher know less about Enrique than you?

You have your own sense of what is right and wrong, as do I and everyone else. However you place your opinion on top and nothing anyone says, including those who are clearly closer to the game that you are, will change your view. It's a sad pitiful trait.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Stu - please remind me just how many games Carra played for Liverpool. One of his key strengths was that he knew his limitations. He never tried to be too clever. He was an incredibly effective CB for the majority of his career. He is also highly regarded as a student of the game. He didn't get a job on a major TV channel simply because he walked up and said " ay mate giv us a job"  !!

As for egos........ Kettle Pot Black

As for slagging off player and sounding bitter you describe yourself to a tee mate. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that is exactly how you come across a lot of the time.

Let's face it before long there will be nobody left in the team apart from Gerrard and Suarez that you have any time for. Four points off the top of the league. Enjoy !!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 pm

devaney » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:Stu - please remind me just how many games Carra played for Liverpool. One of his key strengths was that he knew his limitations. He never tried to be too clever. He was an incredibly effective CB for the majority of his career. He is also highly regarded as a student of the game. He didn't get a job on a major TV channel simply because he walked up and said " ay mate giv us a job"  !!

As for egos........ Kettle Pot Black

As for slagging off player and sounding bitter you describe yourself to a tee mate. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that is exactly how you come across a lot of the time.

Let's face it before long there will be nobody left in the team apart from Gerrard and Suarez that you have any time for. Four points off the top of the league. Enjoy !!!

???

I'll enjoy it when we win it. Not when we're also rans.

As for not rating anyone in the side that's complete and utter garbage. I rate Enrique, Gerrard, Coutinho and Suarez and Sturridge, Sterling, Flannagan and Henderson have all contributed positively this season.

If you're on about me not rating players because I think Skrtel, Lucas, Johnson, Mignolet, Moses and Cissokho aren't worth the money you earn let alone their own wages then suit yourself.

Never been a fan of admiring and praising average.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 am

Liverpool defender Jose Enrique has blasted Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho after the Blues' Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.

The Portuguese came under scrutiny for his defensive tactics at Anfield on Sunday, with Brendan Rodgers suggesting the visitors parked two buses during the clash.

But despite naming six recognised defenders against Atleti, Chelsea still bowed out, much to Enrique's amusement.

The left-back tweeted: "This is what happens when you don't play football...."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 am

maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 am wrote:Liverpool defender Jose Enrique has blasted Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho after the Blues' Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.

The Portuguese came under scrutiny for his defensive tactics at Anfield on Sunday, with Brendan Rodgers suggesting the visitors parked two buses during the clash.

But despite naming six recognised defenders against Atleti, Chelsea still bowed out, much to Enrique's amusement.

???

Bit of a confusing comment that one really...

By being defensive they've ended our championship hopes.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 9:13 am wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 am wrote:Liverpool defender Jose Enrique has blasted Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho after the Blues' Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid.

???

By being defensive they ended their own championship hope  :laugh:  now where is the genius in that. They lost the title with sh1t football, we lost it going for it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 10:13 am wrote:

That must have been the highlight of their season. Similar to Everton last night.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Stu the Red » Sun May 04, 2014 9:13 am wrote:

???

They may have ended your title hopes! Last time I looked City have two games to play and so do we!

Stu when you are visualising a golf shot I bet you think of all the bad things you did the last time you had to play a similar shot  :D
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext