JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:17 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm wrote:Surprised how no one mentioned that he wasn't even with the subs yesterday. Is he injured again or Brendan just doesn't rate him at all anymore?

its the latter imo and i dont think he ever did.  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Heard some very interesting information tonight with regards to transfer policy and believe this has something to do with Rodgers management style.

Apparently Lallana wa signed on recommendation from Gerrard after Steven was impressed with him in England training.

Also Carragher is known not to be a fan of Jose, because he doesn't listen… I was told on good authority that Rodgers respects his senior players views too much. I'm obviously not saying they run the team, but have been told he allows players to get in his ear
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 am

Tosh Stu! We have scouts, its their job to assess potential players. Stevie/Carra can add an opinion but the scouts report is what the club bases its decisions on. Despite some peoples opinions, we are not a village green side.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:57 am

Yea I don't buy that for one second. Rogers seems to have a clear head, and Carra and Stevie are both too smart to think that trying to control a manager like that would ever end well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am

With all due respect I would take the word of someone who worked for Liverpool FC for a number of years and knows staff and players on a personal level as well as knowing how not only our club works, but generally understands how football works in general.

What I find laughable about the comment above is you think players and managers are the same characters in real life they are for the cameras and that a football club couldn't possibley be run like that due to your perceived impressions of professionalism, I also learnt that Rodgers completely dismissed a scouts opinion on one of our summer signings and is now regretting it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 am

I've heard all these rumours about player X or player Y running our transfer policy before, remember when the likes of Robbie Keane and Joe Cole were supposedly signed by Gerrard and Carragher? It seems that any time we go through a poor run of form (or one or two of our new signings don't hit the ground running) then the conspiracy theories start flying around. It used to be that player X or Y was simply picking the team but it seems to evolved from that into running the whole club now.
I'm sure Gerrard as captain and a senior pro has the managers ear but I can't see FSG paying the likes of Brendan, his support staff and the transfer committee millions in wages if they didn't have to.
Load of rubbish IMO, just the usual stuff that does the rounds in the boozers when we are on a bad run.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 am

Its no secret that regarding Hodgson , Gerrard and Carragher were strong advocates for his appointment ,especially when Benitez made public he would use
Carragher sparingly ,and Gerrard although a great player never possessed the football brain to be played centrally.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 am

Nothing to do with boozers or hear say. I was told personally by a family friend who worked for the club and made a career out football and has contacts within the game all over the country. You believe it to be rubbish all you like yakka.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Not saying that you're lying Stu but I think your mate might have exaggerated a bit, as it is usually with these kind of stories. It was probably just a case of Brendan asking for Stevie's opinion on Lallana, who was already a target of ours. I don't deny that Gerrard has a lot of power in this club but I don't think he can decide who we sign and who we don't.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Alan Pardew wants Liverpool defender Jose Enrique to join Crystal Palace’s relegation battle.

Pardew, the new Palace manager, has made an inquiry for the Spanish defender and is keen to offer him regular football at Selhurst Park.

Enrique, 28, has had limited first-team opportunities for the last two seasons under Brendan Rodgers and Palace have identified a left-back as a priority position in the January transfer window.

Pardew will also consider Swansea City’s Neil Taylor as an alternative target but has asked Liverpool if they would be prepared to loan Enrique out for the rest of the season.

Enrique, a £5million signing from Newcastle in 2011, has not started a Premier League game under Rodgers since the 3-2 win over Queens Park Rangers in October.

However, Liverpool are facing a congested fixture list over the next two months as they prepare for a fourth round FA Cup tie, the two-legged Capital One Cup semi-final against Chelsea and their Europa League encounter with Besiktas.

The demanding run of games could ensure a chance for Enrique, who has lost his place to Mamadou Sakho, but Pardew will monitor the situation ahead of a possible move in the final week in the window.

Pardew has completed his first piece of business since taking over at Palace by signing Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo on loan.

Sanogo, the France under-21 international, has been allowed out by Arsenal to gain league experience and could make his Palace debut against Burnley this weekend.

Pardew said: “He’s a young player with tremendous promise, somebody that I have tracked personally and this club has too so that fitted well.

“We have given him an opportunity, he needs to play more games and I think he’s ready for that and he proved that at Arsenal. It’s tough to get in their team but he’s closer to the starting action with us.”

Sanogo added: “When the Arsenal manager spoke with me about Crystal Palace I was very happy because I want to play more games. I think Palace are a good team, I watched the game against Tottenham and it was a great performance from the guys. I hope I can help the club have a successful second half of the season.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm

I actually think that a loan will be good in this case. Enrique is in a very poor form because of that injury he had and won't be back to normal unless he starts playing. He won't get too many chances with us though, especially not with this formation where we have both Moreno and Markovic playing in his position, both in a far better form. I think we'll all benefit if he goes on loan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:57 pm

From what i've heard, It's looking likely that Enrique will still be around at LFC next season. I Was hoping that he would be off loaded else where in the summer, hopefully, he'll be sold, though, if LFC need a new photographer......

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby andy c legs » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:58 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:From what i've heard, It's looking likely that Enrique will still be around at LFC next season. I Was hoping that he would be off loaded else where in the summer, hopefully, he'll be sold, though, if LFC need a new photographer......

Surely that is just a rumour???  It must be a case of not if he's sold, but when and where to? :oops:
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:18 am

Spanish press are reporting Jose may be on his way to WBA, would be a good move for him and us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:50 am

They could have done with him last night.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion