JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:44 pm

If he keeps going like this, he will soon be surplus to requirements and will probably be stripped off his captaincy. I can see the armband being given to van Dijk, maybe not next season but the one after for sure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 am

Just wonder about the curious case of Jordan Henderson. Will he be in the main xi here next season or not . I'm hoping with Keita coming in Klopp revamps the middle and creates a solid structure there. If we want to move forward we must have better players than Henderson in the middle.

Can will be gone so that leaves us with Milner/ Wijnaldum/ Lallana / Henderson / Oxlaide /Keita.

We desperately will be needing a bull to protect our backline.
Last edited by redshade on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 am

I think he'll still be here.

I don't have an issue with Henderson staying with us, he wouldn't be in my first 11 when everybody else is fit but he's a more than handy player to have in the squad.

Would deffo give the captaincy to someone else, VVD seems like the obvious choice.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 am wrote:Yesterdays performance just about sums him up. Solid in parts, keeping the ball moving, some decent passes which caused some trouble for their defense. But then giving the ball away needlessly in dangerous positions which on another day could have cost us dearly.

Henderson gifting possession is a rare occurrence and he still found more passes than any player on the pitch on Saturday ,plus he had a hand in two goals switching the play quickly to bring our forwards into play. I guess people just missed that  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:36 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 am wrote:Yesterdays performance just about sums him up. Solid in parts, keeping the ball moving, some decent passes which caused some trouble for their defense. But then giving the ball away needlessly in dangerous positions which on another day could have cost us dearly.

Henderson gifting possession is a rare occurrence and he still found more passes than any player on the pitch on Saturday ,plus he had a hand in two goals switching the play quickly to bring our forwards into play. I guess people just missed that  ???

Not as "rare" as it should be...
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:11 am

Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Not as "rare" as it should be...
:buttrock

About as rare as the plaudits he  receives on this forum  :rasp
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:05 am

Personally I am always hesitant about giving plaudits too easily. This is because I dont jump on bandwagons and trust that I have watched football for long enough to know a good player when I see one. I dont need a "expert pundit" or the media, or people on forums to tell me whos good or bad as I have two eyes, a brain and decades of experience watching the best there is or was. There are many people like me, but there are also far more not like me, who chat sh'it and virtually just regurgitate others opinions as their own.
My opinion of Henderson is based on what I have seen of him since he's been here. I have said many times that he is a decent player and can do some good things on his day. But he is not quality or has the talent to become world class. He frustrates me no end because he often seems to want to be what hes not and tries to do what he cant. As John Wayne said in True Grit: "A mans got to know his limitations". If he stuck to what he does best then I would have virtually no problem with him, except that he is not LFC captain material for me (probably because Ive been spoiled through the years) and it only frustrates me more that he was given the armband in the first place. I can understand why people like him, because he is a genuine, loyal and passionate servant to the club, but I dont think thats enough if you want to win trophies. I know its tough to tell someone theyre not good enough, but football is a tough game and usually its the strongest who will succeed.
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:15 pm

I'd be very surprised if JH is still captain come the start of the 2018/19 campaign.
---
VVD behaves like a captain and has the confidents to be a leader, who is gaining the trust of his team mates game by game.
Milner is in the twilight of his career, so to take responsibility from him (Vice-Captain) and give that tag to JH looks more and more like common sense.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:20 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 pm wrote:I don't have an issue with Henderson staying with us, he wouldn't be in my first 11 when everybody else is fit but he's a more than handy player to have in the squad.

+1. Solid player but is never going to be a core player of a League winning team. Leicester, Everton, Burnley material, outside top 4.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 am wrote:Personally I am always hesitant about giving plaudits too easily. This is because I dont jump on bandwagons and trust that I have watched football for long enough to know a good player when I see one. I dont need a "expert pundit" or the media, or people on forums to tell me whos good or bad as I have two eyes, a brain and decades of experience watching the best there is or was. There are many people like me, but there are also far more not like me, who chat sh'it and virtually just regurgitate others opinions as their own.
My opinion of Henderson is based on what I have seen of him since he's been here. I have said many times that he is a decent player and can do some good things on his day. But he is not quality or has the talent to become world class. He frustrates me no end because he often seems to want to be what hes not and tries to do what he cant. As John Wayne said in True Grit: "A mans got to know his limitations". If he stuck to what he does best then I would have virtually no problem with him, except that he is not LFC captain material for me (probably because Ive been spoiled through the years) and it only frustrates me more that he was given the armband in the first place. I can understand why people like him, because he is a genuine, loyal and passionate servant to the club, but I dont think thats enough if you want to win trophies. I know its tough to tell someone theyre not good enough, but football is a tough game and usually its the strongest who will succeed.

Henderson has a bandwagon ? Its just usually you hear the sound of the wheels  :D I mean if the lad does have a 'bandwagon' then there is far less onboard than the agenda being driven by those far more susceptible to media denigration. In all seriousness Twitter ,Facebook and Instagram is overloaded with beauts who want Henderson out ,so given that sway ,what exactly makes your critique unique ?   :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 am wrote:. As John Wayne said in True Grit: "A mans got to know his limitations".

Erm, when it comes to movie quotes I've got the feeling you maybe don't know yours    :rasp

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 am wrote:. As John Wayne said in True Grit: "A mans got to know his limitations".

Erm, when it comes to movie quotes I've got the feeling you maybe don't know yours    :rasp

:D

:eyebrow  :p
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:05 am wrote:Personally I am always hesitant about giving plaudits too easily. This is because I dont jump on bandwagons and trust that I have watched football for long enough to know a good player when I see one. I dont need a "expert pundit" or the media, or people on forums to tell me whos good or bad as I have two eyes, a brain and decades of experience watching the best there is or was. There are many people like me, but there are also far more not like me, who chat sh'it and virtually just regurgitate others opinions as their own.

Henderson has a bandwagon ? Its just usually you hear the sound of the wheels  :D I mean if the lad does have a 'bandwagon' then there is far less onboard than the agenda being driven by those far more susceptible to media denigration. In all seriousness Twitter ,Facebook and Instagram is overloaded with beauts who want Henderson out ,so given that sway ,what exactly makes your critique unique ?   :;):

I dont go anywhere near twitter, instagram is for posing tw@ts and I never slag LFC or any of its players on facebook.
My critique is purely based on my own observations and knowledge, so whether it is unique, I dont know?  I also have no agenda because whether I like it or not, he is a Liverpool player until he leaves. I honestly wish he was world class so I didnt have to criticise him, but hes not, so I do.
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 am

I agree with this post. I think he is "too nice" to be an effective captain but I can see why he was given the armband initially as he is a "coaches players", loyal and follows instructions. As a player he is tidy but certainly not inspirational and to be a great team you need something more in the middle. I'd keep him ahead of Milner for the squad but as a starter we need more to move forward.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:39 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm wrote:

I dont go anywhere near twitter, instagram is for posing tw@ts and I never slag LFC or any of its players on facebook.
My critique is purely based on my own observations and knowledge, so whether it is unique, I dont know?  I also have no agenda because whether I like it or not, he is a Liverpool player until he leaves. I honestly wish he was world class so I didnt have to criticise him, but hes not, so I do.
:(

Your opinion on Henderson is not exactly in the minority is it fella  ? Or are you one of those rare breeds of sheep that can close the gate for the farmer ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion