JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:25 am

7_Kewell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:53 pm wrote:If he can repeat the Chelsea performance, week-in, week-out, for an entire season....then I might change my view that he's a squad player desperately out of his depth.

I'll gladly eat humble pie if he can do that every week, but sadly (as last season and the Euros for England showed) Henderson goes missing when the going gets tough. He just lacks...gonads. I've still not forgotten the time he let Mario push him out of the way for the penalty a couple of seasons back.

He did the right thing letting an experienced penalty taker like Mario take the pen, what he should have done though is march over to Mario and hand him the ball instead of letting Mario take it from him. Yes the manager had designated Hendo the pen taker but as Hendo hadn't taken a pen before letting Mario take it was the smart and the obvious thing to do.
Hendo should have thrown the ball to Mario and then explained to Rodgers later that it was an onfield decision that he as captain takes full responsibility for, that's what great captains like Graeme Souness did, they became managers on the pitch and made big decisions knowing full well that they would be lambasted if they make the wrong call.
It's called leadership.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby number 8 ynwa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:38 pm

lets not forget he hsant been fit for the last 2 seasons with niggling injuries to his heel.  This season he looks up for it, fit and ready.

I like him and I think the role he is playing now suits him down to the ground, hes had a good season so far.

Whether he is a captain is a totally different question but I would say this..  Time and time again people have talked about the Mario peno incident.  I would remind you that Mario has played for some pretty good managers and none of them could control him - Why are we beating Hendo up for suffering the same fate.. Easy to talk about standing up to someone  behind your keyboard but very different on the pitch in front of millions.
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Fair points.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 am

He has definitely improved, but reverted to type for a while yesterday. He needs to stop the silly fouls and petulant behaviour and concentrate on leading the team.
Good assist by the way
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:28 am

The lad was no where to be seen in the first half, complete shadow.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby number 8 ynwa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:28 am wrote:The lad was no where to be seen in the first half, complete shadow.

Like the rest of them???
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:48 pm

number 8 ynwa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:22 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:28 am wrote:The lad was no where to be seen in the first half, complete shadow.

Like the rest of them???

Yup, even the normally unflappable Joel Matip looked a bit rattled in the first half. Fair dues to Swansea they fought fire with fire and aided by Karius's kicking they pressed us high up the pitch which did unsettle us for a while, we looked much better second half though once we started to move the ball much quicker.
The Liberty has always been a bogey ground for us in fact that's only our second ever win down there. The players did well considering we were 1 down and a lot was going wrong, they showed a lot of heart. There's no two ways about it a lot of Liverpool teams of the last 20 years would have thrown the towel in yesterday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 pm

He is going to captain England tonight in Slovenia. No doubt a proud moment for the lad and his family.
It's not too bad for us either, the more experience he gets in situations like this the more comfortable he will feel as Liverpool captain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:56 pm

number 8 ynwa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:38 am wrote:lets not forget he hsant been fit for the last 2 seasons with niggling injuries to his heel.  This season he looks up for it, fit and ready.

I like him and I think the role he is playing now suits him down to the ground, hes had a good season so far.

Whether he is a captain is a totally different question but I would say this..  Time and time again people have talked about the Mario peno incident.  I would remind you that Mario has played for some pretty good managers and none of them could control him - Why are we beating Hendo up for suffering the same fate.. Easy to talk about standing up to someone  behind your keyboard but very different on the pitch in front of millions.

Do you think we would have won the league in 2014 if he hadn't got sent off against City?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Reading Damien Comolli taking personal credit for Henderson now  :glare: , hes doing well and deserves the credit but still a lot to prove fir Liverpool and England, not in terms of effort or desire, professionalism, but being the lynchpin the key, piece in both sides.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:49 am

Comolli. Another snake oil merchant.  :laugh:  :laugh:

His CV after he was fired in 2012 is non-existent.

Speaks volumes of this clown and the people in power who brought him to our club, who BTW most are still here.......
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Henderson becoming captain of Liverpool and your country is an unbelievable achievement, and considering he has very little talent it is actually miraculous!
How a man with average ability can reach these heights should give others encouragement and proves that if youre willing to put in the hours and keep your nose clean, you too could aspire to reach this iconic and rare standard.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Agree with the above.
I know he ran the legs off himself last night but everything else was poor or average. His vision is shockingly bad and he spends so much of the game showing up for nothing passes that he just sends back in the same direction.
If he wasn't English he would be in the championship.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm

He is another one who is making me eat my words...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby fivecups » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:18 am

Think he's been class myself.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion