JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 pm

We'll find out just how important he is to us in the next 3 games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:58 am wrote:Henderson has been a different player this season. But, he was all at sea yesterday with his passing and running.
He was a disaster waiting to happen and though Im gutted for him missing the next three games, maybe its fate?
Nows the time for Allen and Lucas to step up and stake their claim
:nod

I was thinking about it the other way round; I hope Henderson's red card doesn't cost us the Premiership. I think he's been absolutely immense this season, he's far more than just a great engine and I think what people are underestimating, is the link up play, fluidity and understanding he shares with the rest of the team. The reliability of having Gerrard, Hendo, Coutinho, Sterling, Flanno, Skrtel and the strikers playing together is the reason we are so good. Put simply, our team is much better than the sum of it's parts. That's why we have been so successful of late - it's something we don't see too often these days. I hope to God Allen can come in and seamlessly integrate with the rest of the team but who knows, it could be just enough to knock us off our rhythm. I hope that's overly negative but there's so much at stake!!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Octsky » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 pm wrote:Find some of these posts really odd. Moses is a brain dead poor player... But how anyoneaam blame him for hendersons shockingly heavy touch or woeful tackle is complete madness. Henderson has no one to blame but himself. Hopefully it won't prove to costly as the lads had a very good season.

the way i am thinking is this,
how can someone who just came onto the field with an open pitch to run at, with no pressure around him, able to dribble the ball into an opposition player? moses is that bad a player.
hendo was tired, committed a mistake, went to draw a foul to delay time and got send off.
and i wont fault him for that.

Exactly
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Hendo has only got himself to blame really, it was his poor touch that led to the tackle and his foot was ridiculously high, it was a potential leg breaker.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm wrote:Hendo has only got himself to blame really, it was his poor touch that led to the tackle and his foot was ridiculously high, it was a potential leg breaker.

We were under pressure and it was the 90th minute. As soon as we succeeded in releasing the pressure, that moron Moses tries to make a slalom through the City defense as if he's some f*cking Maradona instead of just trying to keep the ball as long as possible. Naturally it gets away from him and City are getting ready to apply even more pressure. It was a tense moment, a late goal would end all that we worked for, so Henderson, who was probably very tired, committed himself into the challenge in order to fix Moses' mistake. He got a bit of the ball first but he got a lot of the player as well, ref had no other option. Not that Henderson is blameless, but I can't really fault his decision, he had to make that tackle, too bad that it was a bit late. It happens.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm

damjan193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:16 pm wrote:Hendo has only got himself to blame really, it was his poor touch that led to the tackle and his foot was ridiculously high, it was a potential leg breaker.

We were under pressure and it was the 90th minute. As soon as we succeeded in releasing the pressure, that moron Moses tries to make a slalom through the City defense as if he's some f*cking Maradona instead of just trying to keep the ball as long as possible. Naturally it gets away from him and City are getting ready to apply even more pressure. It was a tense moment, a late goal would end all that we worked for, so Henderson, who was probably very tired, committed himself into the challenge in order to fix Moses' mistake. He got a bit of the ball first but he got a lot of the player as well, ref had no other option. Not that Henderson is blameless, but I can't really fault his decision, he had to make that tackle, too bad that it was a bit late. It happens.

Agree with Damjan on this, I have alot more sympathy for him than you do YC! Poor guy, he's played every game and been superb all season and now he's going to miss the vital run-in. Yes, it was a red, no debate about that, but there was no malice. He was knackered, poor first touch, desperate lunge, red card. Split second decision, clouded with fatigue, unlucky. I just hope we can pick up where we left off against Norwich.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:42 pm

fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm wrote:

Agree with Damjan on this, I have alot more sympathy for him than you do YC! Poor guy, he's played every game and been superb all season and now he's going to miss the vital run-in. Yes, it was a red, no debate about that, but there was no malice. He was knackered, poor first touch, desperate lunge, red card. Split second decision, clouded with fatigue, unlucky. I just hope we can pick up where we left off against Norwich.

Yeah spot on. That f*cking Nigerian scammer  :veryangry
Can't believe he's gets minutes and Luis Alberto doesn't.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:50 pm

I honestly can't see how people are blaming Moses for this, if Hendo was fighting for a loose ball that he had lost then fair enough but the ball broke to Hendo in acres of space, it wasn't even a bad first touch, it was his second touch that was sloppy.
Obviously Hendo was out on his feet by then after putting in a mammoth shift but that poor second touch and his dangerously high boot had f##k all to do with Moses.
If he would have slid in with his boot on the floor he wouldn't have got sent off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:I honestly can't see how people are blaming Moses for this, if Hendo was fighting for a loose ball that he had lost then fair enough but the ball broke to Hendo in acres of space, it wasn't even a bad first touch, it was his second touch that was sloppy.
Obviously Hendo was out on his feet by then after putting in a mammoth shift but that poor second touch and his dangerously high boot had f##k all to do with Moses.
If he would have slid in with his boot on the floor he wouldn't have got sent off.

im with you on this  :nod
straight red all day every day. under no circumstances can you go over the top of the ball like that. besides i dont think he was at the races yesterday anyway, he was sloppy at times and even got his pocket picked in the move that led to sterlings opener.
i honestly feel gutted for hendo that he will miss 3 matches but no way is he the difference between us winning the league or not. allen can step in and cover the ground that he does, he might not be as good at it but nonetheless should be able to do a sufficient job. it would be much much worse if it was gerrard, sterling or suarez that saw red.
on moses though, i cannot believe that he is getting game time here let alone the prospect of picking up a winners medal. cant be blamed for hendo's error but what the fook was he thinking setting off on a run like that when he should have been trying to hold possession. not only is he lazy but also brain dead. send him back on the chav bus next week i say  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

At such a late stage in the game, a player should focus on keeping possession and playing it safe rather than giving it away so cheaply, which was exactly what Moses did. He had so much time to pick a spot but he runs straight into the City defenders as if they weren't there. He could have waited for support. It's not like he tried to get the ball back after he lost it.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:50 pm wrote:I honestly can't see how people are blaming Moses for this, if Hendo was fighting for a loose ball that he had lost then fair enough but the ball broke to Hendo in acres of space, it wasn't even a bad first touch, it was his second touch that was sloppy.

Exactly.  :nod
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Missed this guy last few games

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Massive, massive, massive lost.... could have very well been the difference
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 10, 2014 7:08 am

He's close to a new 4 year deal :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby killerp » Sat May 10, 2014 8:40 am

Watching Lucas casually stroll around the midfield makes me really appreciate Henderson and his work rate.

Hope he signs up.
killerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion