JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm

"I think if Sir Alex ever bumps into Jordan he might want to apologise for that," the Liverpool manager said. "The comment surprised me, I have to be honest,coming from someone with such status in the game. Maybe it was meant as flippant but to a young player making his way in the game it could be damaging. Every player is different, and every player at this club has had his strengths and weaknesses medically assessed. The statement in terms of Jordan was inappropriate.

"Sir Alex is in a position to say what he likes, and you don't have to agree with it, but I think there is a sadness to this as it is something that will probably stay with people for a long while. I think every football person would have enjoyed his achievements in the game and the legacy he has left, but now people are only going to talk about the comments in the book. In a way I can understand some of the comments, when you have been chasing a club as successful as Liverpool you have to find ways to bring them down. But this is a club that has class and history and in the modern era is fighting to get back to that level again."

That statement just provides us with a gauge to measure the veritable chasm in class between the two managers,not that such a barometer would ever
be required by the more discerning of fans amongst us.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm with BR and SCS Stu. I think you're talking bollux mate if you think that Ferguson's comments could simply be regarded as professional observations. Next you'll be telling us that he is a top top man  :laugh: As SCS pointed out you do seem to have a habit of defending all things United. Is there something we should know?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Agree with the last 3 posts. Alex Ferguson is a cvnt. I hope he stays alive long enough to witness us winning #21.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:56 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:52 pm wrote:Agree with the last 3 posts. Alex Ferguson is a cvnt. I hope he stays alive long enough to witness us winning #21.

ferguson is an auld bitter bitter man where we are concerned, he hates us and always did.   wouldnt be surprised at all if he put fat head up to this to unsettle us in the run in.

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/Liver ... story.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:57 pm

devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm wrote:I'm with BR and SCS Stu. I think you're talking bollux mate if you think that Ferguson's comments could simply be regarded as professional observations. Next you'll be telling us that he is a top top man  :laugh: As SCS pointed out you do seem to have a habit of defending all things United. Is there something we should know?

What planet are you on?

Seriously? You regard that as an insult? ???

Pathetic to be quite honest.

I'm not talking about anything other than what he said about Henderson. I'm not looking for hidden agenda's or any other bollox you care to come up with.

Quite simply... HE HAD AN OPINION ON HENDERSON'S RUNNING STYLE THAT IT MAY CAUSE INJURY IN HIS LATER CAREER SO DECIDED NOT TO SIGN HIM...

IN WHAT F*CKING WAY IS THAT AN INSULT? ???

He made a comment, it was not an insult to the player. FACT. Funny how Henderson see's it the same way clearly.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm

It's no secret that Ferguson's life goal was to surpass Liverpool in every way and every competition. The man hates us, that's for certain, and it might not look like an insult but all he wanted to do was to have a cheap dig at Henderson.

Nothing "professional" about it Stu.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:55 pm

Seems some moderator backed editing is happening in this thread. No only has Stu's previous post changed from what he previously posted without any indication of an edited post (previous post had a very poor insult directed at me), but also my response pointing out his pathetic attempt at a stereotype has been removed.

Explanation please mods. Last time this sort of behaviour happened a certain St.Michael was behind it.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Stop cryng you plant pot!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 pm

damjan193 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm wrote:It's no secret that Ferguson's life goal was to surpass Liverpool in every way and every competition. The man hates us, that's for certain, and it might not look like an insult but all he wanted to do was to have a cheap dig at Henderson.

Nothing "professional" about it Stu.

And its no secret he had nothing but respect and admiration for the club. Again you're voicing an opinion when we're discussing facts. He didn't "insult" Henderson.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:18 pm wrote:Stop cryng you plant pot!

Nothing like a cover up. The good days are back.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm wrote:
devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm wrote:I'm with BR and SCS Stu. I think you're talking bollux mate if you think that Ferguson's comments could simply be regarded as professional observations. Next you'll be telling us that he is a top top man  :laugh: As SCS pointed out you do seem to have a habit of defending all things United. Is there something we should know?

What planet are you on?

I'm not talking about anything other than what he said about Henderson. I'm not looking for hidden agenda's or any other bollox you care to come up with.

Quite simply... HE HAD AN OPINION ON HENDERSON'S RUNNING STYLE THAT IT MAY CAUSE INJURY IN HIS LATER CAREER SO DECIDED NOT TO SIGN HIM...

He made a comment, it was not an insult to the player. FACT. Funny how Henderson see's it the same way clearly.

Where did I say Ferguson's observation could be construed as an insult. That is your assumption. My actual interpretation is that it goes a lot deeper than that. And that is the problem. Some people will interpret his "observations" as insults, others will take your more relaxed view and many will correctly come to the conclusion that the bitter miserable old fkr is simply stirring the pot and if you don't think that SAF knows that then you are seriously fkg deluded  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 am

devaney » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 pm wrote:

What planet are you on?

Where did I say Ferguson's observation could be construed as an insult. That is your assumption. My actual interpretation is that it goes a lot deeper than that. And that is the problem. Some people will interpret his "observations" as insults, others will take your more relaxed view and many will correctly come to the conclusion that the bitter miserable old fkr is simply stirring the pot and if you don't think that SAF knows that then you are seriously fkg deluded  :laugh:

To be honest I was never brought up to be paranoid and always take people as I find them and I don't like the victim attitude and "deep lying agenda's" type of mentality.

The fact Ferguson goes into such depth about Liverpool states absolutely everything you need to know about his emotions and opinions towards the club. He's often in the past included our names in title challenges when we've not really (like this season) been in the mix and he's always shown this club the respect it deserves. No-one's questioning whether he likes LFC, he clearly doesn't, he's a sore loser too... but some people just can't stand to hear the truth, especially when it comes from a bitter rival. The questioning of Dalglish's signings was not unjust, neither were his opinions on Benitez or his signings and to be honest, its not like he said anything that was really untrue.

The fact I'm open minded enough to see that critisism or opinions made by someone who I hate has basis clearly proves I'm not the deluded one. The deluded attitude is more so that because you don't like someone or something they can't be good or know their stuff.

Someone very intelligent and well respected within the sport once said to me you always learn something off someone... an expert can learn something off a novice, always take a point on board.

When someone who's won as much as that bellend has, I think its "deluded" to take no notice rather than to brush it off as "i'm a victim he's got a hidden agenda".

Still, thats just my opinion... people are entitled to live in whatever bubble they like. But the reality will always be there to bite them on the backside.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Well Stevie made it through without a yellow and is now safe, but the red card for Hendo is 3 games out :(

Who should take his slot, Joe Allen or Lucas??  I am leaning more towards Allen for his pure energy
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Allen. Offers more.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 pm

I mean if you're looking to replace Hendo more like-for-like, then it'd be Allen.  I could see Lucas starting against chelsea instead of Allen, but I expect Allen will start against Norwich and likely against Palace.

Sad to see him sent off, especially considering it was because he made a bad touch, but he left the ref no decision.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion