JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:Its the quality in his passing that has been so impressive in the past 2 games for me. He's looking to be more proactive in the final third aswell. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's able to showcase it now as he has a different role when Gerrard isn't in the side.

If anything that shows a lack of character for me. Not something to big up.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:
stmichael » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:43 pm wrote:Its the quality in his passing that has been so impressive in the past 2 games for me. He's looking to be more proactive in the final third aswell. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's able to showcase it now as he has a different role when Gerrard isn't in the side.

If anything that shows a lack of character for me. Not something to big up.

Lack of character? He fractured his wrist when he went over the hoardings on Saturday but just got on with it, hardly a sign of someone lacking character.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:24 am

Well in Hendo  always great to see a player written off early proving to be now valuable ,  shows a lot of character
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am

how good was his fast goal? minimum back lift of his leg but able to put power,swerving and placement to the ball.
his second goal although was a tap in but he reacted very fast to the ball. and i am talking about the ball being maybe just a hand away from vohm. 
i hope hendo can continue his hard work and form for us for a long time.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Personally I'm delighted for him. Long may it last...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:03 pm wrote:Personally I'm delighted for him. Long may it last...

Are you ok dude? You've made a few positive posts lately. Very unlike you :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:49 pm

I know that Gerrard will rightfully get most of the credit after this game but Henderson was almost just as good. He completely dominated over Fellaini and Carrick, tracked fullbacks, pressed their defenders and also contributed greatly to our link-up play. I can't believe that someone can run that much, it's like there were three of him!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:53 pm

have to agree, he's come on a huge amount this season and really runs his tits off when it comes to matches.

Admittedly, he lacks technical ability (his passing is limited and he can't shoot) but he's transformed into a great squad player.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:27 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 pm wrote:I know that Gerrard will rightfully get most of the credit after this game but Henderson was almost just as good. He completely dominated over Fellaini and Carrick, tracked fullbacks, pressed their defenders and also contributed greatly to our link-up play. I can't believe that someone can run that much, it's like there were three of him!

Worked his a$$ off but thought he was pretty sloppy today...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:31 pm

only me » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 pm wrote:I know that Gerrard will rightfully get most of the credit after this game but Henderson was almost just as good. He completely dominated over Fellaini and Carrick, tracked fullbacks, pressed their defenders and also contributed greatly to our link-up play. I can't believe that someone can run that much, it's like there were three of him!

Worked his a$$ off but thought he was pretty sloppy today...

a lot of our passing today was sloppy, but it was one of those games for everyone.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:24 pm

I thought Hendo's passing was a bit wayward myself but one thing about him is that even if he isn't having the best of games with the ball at his feet he never allows himself to become a passenger, he runs and runs and puts a real shift in for the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 am

I thought that his link-up play was good actually. Misplaced a few passes but did OK in general. Had some key passes as well, like the one for Allen for the second penalty.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 am

Henderson is just a work horse for us now but damn good at it.

Came here with expectation he could play and sweep the ball about but no, Rodgers has got him doing work he
is good at, chasing about like a red setter and opening up the pitch for more talented team mates.

The lad is doing a very good job grafting but on the ball is limited, occasionally decent, but overall will disappoint in
possession.

He played well today and will run through walls for Liverpool, mentality over ability.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 am

I see no reason this kid can't continue to play for us, and continue to start for us even as we further invest in new players. He's only 23 years old, but has never been afraid of anything. He works as hard as anybody, and that says a lot when you have Suarez on your team. He's a passionate guy, and one that I really could see being cemented in our center midfield.

Maybe I'm a little optimistic on him, but I've fully supported him since he's came here, even when others felt we needed to get rid (and some still do) and I was absolutely livid when we were allegedly trying to pawn him off to Fulham. I'm glad this kid has started to turn into the professional footballer that Kenny thought he could be.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:24 pm

parchpea » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:26 am wrote:Henderson is just a work horse for us now but damn good at it.

Came here with expectation he could play and sweep the ball about but no, Rodgers has got him doing work he
is good at, chasing about like a red setter and opening up the pitch for more talented team mates.

The lad is doing a very good job grafting but on the ball is limited, occasionally decent, but overall will disappoint in
possession.

He played well today and will run through walls for Liverpool, mentality over ability.

He's another Dirk Kuyt and has earned his place in the squad. However, come summer, we could still do with another technically gifted midfielder
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion