Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 pm

I thought we were low and funds
I thought we had a shedload of yoof players who could come through

seems like a waste to me
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm

1.7mil is hardly a waste mate. And he turned down Chelsea not too long ago.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:1.7mil is hardly a waste mate. And he turned down Chelsea not too long ago.

1.7 million is hardly a waste?

I thought we were low on money, yet we will happily buy 3 or 4 yoofs every season for 1.7million, thats almost 7 million, couldnt that be better used elsewhere?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Welcome to Anfield mate, and good luck!
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:30 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:1.7mil is hardly a waste mate. And he turned down Chelsea not too long ago.

1.7 million is hardly a waste?

I thought we were low on money, yet we will happily buy 3 or 4 yoofs every season for 1.7million, thats almost 7 million, couldnt that be better used elsewhere?

Not if said "yoof" sells for twice that or does well and breaks into the first team. Profit either way.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

f.ucking hell you would think that buying one of Englands most talented and highly rated youngsters would create a bit of optimism on this thread at least :D
Fauxy

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 am

Fauxy wrote:f.ucking hell you would think that buying one of Englands most talented and highly rated youngsters would create a bit of optimism on this thread at least :D

precisely... Strong the DARRRRK SIDE is on this forum...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:25 am

I see this as a very positive signing, the boys advisors would'nt let him sign for a club in meltdown, especially as he is said to have chelski as an option.

They reckon Stevie is his idol,,

I can picture it now, the kid gets a call on his iphone from his hero. Deal done.
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:44 am

parchpea wrote:Agree with the poilcy of recruiting top young players totally

I don't, we should be spotting local talent and recruiting players at a young age not poaching other people's players.

Is he a hot young talent? While I have heard of him, it's not because he is all over the news all the time. Is Chelsea's interest in/bid for him reason to walk around with hard-ons? Nope, they poached two players from Leeds which caused a big fuss and I'd bet most on here can't remember their names.
I believe they were Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo, only from looking it up on wikipedia, but cost the blues £5m for tapping them up and they are both 20 and if they were THAT good they'd be in the first team squad a lot more than they are. In a squad where the average player in the first team cost £5m-£15m you have to be good to break into the first team, time will tell if Shelvey is. Even when we've paid £6m for Kirkland, £750k for Carson etc they haven't made it, just because they are talented doesn't mean they'll make it no matter how much or how little you pay for them. Which Premiership defence has he tormented? None to date, he's playing in league one. Some (not on here) are talking up Beckford as a Premiership player, he hasn't even played in the Championship ffs

But it typifies this forum, you get slated for doubting a player will be good enough when he could be a flop, ok, nothing special, a superstar, he could be ANYTHING. Noone knows, so don't slate others for their opinion. And bear in mind Rafa talked about needing quality players and them costing £20m, this one I read is not only to bolster our quota of homegrown players, but the £1.7m is only the starting figure.

Do I hope Shelvey succeeds? I honestly don't care. Unless he walks into the first team in the next season or two then his consequence to any title challenge will be negligible/non-existent. Chelsea and the mancs can afford to splash cash on kids, but are their first teams littered with signings from league one........................?!?!? Even their own talent struggles to break into the first team and it's no different here, for the aforementioned reason that the top clubs buy players for £10m+ and that's a high level for a kid to live up to
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 am

dawson99 wrote:
seems like a waste to me

Welcame to Anfield and ignore the idiots.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:40 am

For a teenager he looks about fifty.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

Fauxy wrote:f.ucking hell you would think that buying one of Englands most talented and highly rated youngsters would create a bit of optimism on this thread at least :D

Lucas was a Brazilian footballer of the year too...
shawnk

Postby LFC ANIME » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 am

Haven't seen him play personally, but heard good things about him. Should we use him for the 1st team squad? I think so. Hell, so many British youngsters started playing in the premier league whilst 18 or 17 and benefited them and are now international players by the age of 21.
LFC ANIME

Postby zarababe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 am

The academy grows - welcome and good-luck !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

This is what makes me believe Rafa is here for the long haul. He has sole responsibility and authority for the Academy, the Reserves, and the first team. Which means it is up to him to sign the likes of Shelvey, Raheem Sterling, and other god-knows-who from Norway, Serbia and outer Mongolia.
And because we're still signing these players, it makes me believe that Rafa is staying - if there was any question about the Board getting rid of him, these kids wouldn't be coming to Anfield...
:(
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion