Interesting... - Houlliers signings were all bad?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:24 am

midfield is shaping up well and with Gerrard and Nunez to return I think that there is no need for nay more midfielders for now. We definetley need another striker in January although guys like Garcia, Baros, Pongolle and perhaps even Kewell can do the job until then.
I think another centre half is as important, we need competiton for Carra and Hyppia, particularly as it seems Henchoz isn't really part of Rafa's plans.

I am sure Rafa will bring in new playees in January, it just reamins to be seen who they will be and what sort of funds we have.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:40 am

The more I think about it I suspect Raffa won't offload anyone either but he wil almost certainly buy a striker and a couple of defenders. Until Cisse's injury the number 1 priority has been to strengthen the defense. We have conceded goals in all but 2 Prem games this season and thats  a concern........

We have conceeded less goals than Arsenal. [And you're wrong, we've kept 3 clean sheets out of 10 games]

In January I think that we will sign two more players. One being a defender and the other of course a striker. Which at this time is going to be Morientes. Rafa has shown interest in Morientes over the summer, he wanted to get Morientes for Owen and our Spanish lads are encouraging Rafa to buy Morientes.

Owen also stated that Morientes would be a good sign for Liverpool. Morientes hasn't started in a long time and nobody likes sitting on the bench. Come January he is the striker most likely to join us. The fact that we have a Spaniard as a manager will propably be one of the reasons why he will join with us along with the fact that we are the most successful club in England.

I doubt that he will go to Monaco again despite what he said.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:42 am

A.B. wrote:
The more I think about it I suspect Raffa won't offload anyone either but he wil almost certainly buy a striker and a couple of defenders. Until Cisse's injury the number 1 priority has been to strengthen the defense. We have conceded goals in all but 2 Prem games this season and thats  a concern........

We have conceeded less goals than Arsenal. [And you're wrong, we've kept 3 clean sheets out of 10 games]

In January I think that we will sign two more players. One being a defender and the other of course a striker. Which at this time is going to be Morientes. Rafa has shown interest in Morientes over the summer, he wanted to get Morientes for Owen and our Spanish lads are encouraging Rafa to buy Morientes.

Owen also stated that Morientes would be a good sign for Liverpool. Morientes hasn't started in a long time and nobody likes sitting on the bench. Come January he is the striker most likely to join us. The fact that we have a Spaniard as a manager will propably be one of the reasons why he will join with us along with the fact that we are the most successful club in England.

I doubt that he will go to Monaco again despite what he said.

I hope you are right about Morientes A.B. , he is a class act.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:59 am

I hope so too.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:52 am

heskey would be the class player he should be if he played under RB
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:05 am

why not, very possible to me, at least he'll get better than he is now
He looks now succesfully doing it to particularly biscan and traore, every player gets at least a bit better.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:46 am

bigmick wrote:Oh dear oh dear. This predictable rant from the die-hard Houllier fan club is as predictable as it is sad. I always found Gerrards refusal to admit the obvious, that he was totally out of his depth to be one of the less endearing features of this undeniably amiable and pleasant man. His reliance on pointless and frequently banal statistics in the face of overwhelming evidence made me, for the first time in my life embarassed to be a Red. Unfortunately in some cases, his fan club think a similar stance is appropriate which once again is I think unfortunate.
Just to try and put things in perspective on Djimi and Igor. Regardless of how good Igor turns out to be, (and realistically I don't think a world player of the year award is round the corner, call me a pessimist etc) but to pretend he was anything other than a ridiculous purchase is flying in the face of reality. He's been here four years. I quite like the guy, interviews very well seems like a decent bloke etc and he had a top game last night no question but come on, lets be serious for a second. In the case of Traore, are we seriously to be led to believe that Houllier saw his embryonic talent all those years ago and thought, "I know what, I'll buy him now. He'll be absolutely useless for three or four years but in year five, he-haw he-haw sacre bleu watch him go!" Do me a favour. Indeed when Houllier talked of his 'legacy' to Rafa, (he left a legacy alright!) he didn't even mention Traore among the 'promising' young players he had left. So clearly even the great man must be surprised by Djimi's form.

Brilliantly put, as usual :D .
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:21 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:heskey would be the class player he should be if he played under RB

can be
anyway, Morientes is a better choice
:D
whylongball?

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion