Interesting... - Houlliers signings were all bad?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:50 am

Redrider wrote:The Houllier, Thompson, Lee, Patrice and Corrigan 'Boot Room' team, seemed to have the skill of taking promising players and coaching their ability out of them. A lot of players have seen their career's go into reverse upon arrival at Anfield.

To bloody true, they made good players be very poor, even I gor said himself he hated playing as a defender and thats why everytime he played we leaked goals in, maybe just maybe if when Diouff was brought in and played in his natural position as a striker he could have scored 20 odd goals a season, but as you point out good players turned bad it was the managments fault maybe thats the problem with kewell ??? Last night if houllier was still in charge it would have been a goal up lets defend but no way is benitez going to do that he done it once at spurs he wont make the same mistake twice.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:09 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:maybe just maybe if when Diouff was brought in and played in his natural position as a striker he could have scored 20 odd goals a season,

i seem to remember he got a couple of games up front whwn he first came to LFc, and his finsihing wasn't near good enough to be able to score 20+ goals a season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 am

I never remember him playin as a forward he had speed and skill thats what we payed 10 mill for, but he was just ****** :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 am

some folk no matter how good they are elsewhere, are not always suited to the english game
106-1093504160

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I never remember him playin as a forward he had speed and skill thats what we payed 10 mill for

pretty sure he did, although very briefly.

I agree he had pace and skill, and I think Houllier's decison in playing him on the wing for this reason was justified as his finsihing was not good enough to play up front. However he never really crossed the ball enough and with the required quality to be a top winger. Not to mention his attitude problems.

It was mentioned in a thread a few days ago about bringing him back from loan, it could work, but Diouf would really have to pull hsi socks up and work hard which I beleive he would under Rafa, as Rafa win't put up with any ******.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:26 am

He was caught with some bloke in a car park in a comprimising position and gerrard an carra were not to happy aboutthe situation thats why he went, and yes your right his attitude does stink and towards liverpool I dont want to be sold cause im on mega bucks whether I play or not :angry:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:32 am

are you sure about that? i never heard that rumour, what paper was it in
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:37 am

It wasnt in the paper it did happen back in may sometime :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:30 pm

I think that it's amazing what Raffa has got out of players I never rated last season but I think it is a case of players wanting to learn from a Boss who plays then in the right position.

EHJ etc show an arrogance off the pitch which is unbelievable - they really do belive the "world class" tags put on them under GH. Standing  in The Baby Blue necking your boyfriend doesn't help matters though.

Biscan was a revelation last night as was JimmyT but these lads seem to have a more willing attitude and are reponding to Raffa. I know that the lads who are prepared to listen and learn at The Academy are made  up with the changes he's introduced, they believe that they're going to get a chance at the first team if they work at it.

What he saw in Biscan was a mystery to me at the start of the season but I'm starting to believe in the boy.

Goes to show what a good manager can do with the right potential.
Last edited by JohnBull on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:35 pm

yeah i wouldnt get too hyped up yet front page article on lfc.tv reads as follows "TRAORE: THANK GOD I STAYED RED
Djimi Traore today admitted that he came very, very close to leaving LFC in the summer to join Everton but after Rafael Benitez told him he had a future at Anfield, the French star has emerged as one of the best players at the club."

___ come on best player is really pushin it ater just one performance
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:35 pm

Is Diouf definitely gay then?  Have you seen him in the Baby Blue John Bull?
jonnymac1979

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:40 pm

Baby Blue, Pan American, News Bar etc etc. Treats the staff like shi t(REALLY like shi t) and swings both ways (but more to the left from what I've seen)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:50 pm

Has he ever been in your boozer?  What boozer do you own?
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:51 pm

Did Gerrard and Carragher amongst others really hate him as the rumours go because of this?
jonnymac1979

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:03 pm

biscan and traore i think played their best game for liverpool since they joined the club, BUT its not down to houllier, its down to Benitez, houllier bought them and had ****** player skills, couldn't get them to play for him, benitez took those ordinary players and made them better, thats a sign of a good manager, houllier simply bought them doesnt mean he deserves the credit for their performance last nite
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion