Morgan wins race - Money for players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:14 am

JimMorrison,

Read my post -

"Personally, I'm not touting Morgan as the saviour, but if - as it seems clear - Moores is on the verge of selling up, Morgan would appear to care more about the club than the L4 group."

Repeat, I am not touting Morgan's bid, nor ever have done. But yeah, I do think he cares more about the club than the L4 group. He may have gone about it like a rough-****** builder, his takeover tactics have left a lot to be desired and he may be washing the club's laundry in public. All bad stuff, not much to commend his business instincts. But a lot of that comes from frustration. And it doesn't mean that he cares less about the club than some slick, PR-savvy group on the other side of the Atlantic who haven't yet made their intentions clear.

To me, too many people are favouring L4 purely on the grounds that they seem to have more cash to pump in. SEEM to have more cash mind. Great, we need a cash injection, but let's not rush to hail L4 as a group with the club's best interests at heart just yet: any consortium that makes a takeover bid has its own best interests at heart, until it can demonstrate otherwise.

I agree with another poster here who gives Morgan credit for kicking up a rumpus at last year's AGM. Without those rough-****** tactics the board might not have moved to remove Houllier in the summer and get Benitez in time for the new season, maybe not at all. Parry, by contrast, is a model of diplomacy, and a pretty weak dealer in the transfer market.

As for your line Jim that backing Houllier was the right thing to do and no one was complaining about his signings at the time, you must be joking. When we came 2nd in 2002 and GH shelled out £18m on Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou, having turned Duff down cos £13m was too much, there were plenty of fans unhappy about it at the time.

And as for someone else saying Kenyon was Chelsea's best signing - rubbish. He screwed up on Man Utd signing Ronaldinho. And top players aren't coming to Chelsea cos of Kenyon: they're going there cos other top players are there, Mourinho is there, and Abramovich is there.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:19 am

Somehow I dont think its the last we have heard from Morgan to be honest he wont give up that easy.
At the end of the day its basically down to this the fans pay the majority of the wages and its whats best for the fans at heart, we need a deal that will keep everyone happy.
What deal that is I do not know, but I know we need cash, but it needs to be in the  best interest for everyone concerned.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:22 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Somehow I dont think its the last we have heard from Morgan to be honest he wont give up that easy.
At the end of the day its basically down to this the fans pay the majority of the wages and its whats best for the fans at heart, we need a deal that will keep everyone happy.
What deal that is I do not know, but I know we need cash, but it needs to be in the  best interest for everyone concerned.

a smart thing to say, from a smart lady
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:44 am

Frankly, I believe that we need a change in management aswell as new investment.
I do not think that Rick Parry is sharp enought to run our club. In fact given more money he could quite easily waste most of it before it has the desired impact.
With respect to the new Stadium, has anyone apart from Morgan asked Parry why he has allowed the cost to double from £60m to £120m, its just another example of the man's incompetence.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:15 pm

Good post Ade, and Cisse....  Its frustrating for us as we all know what is needed.  How we get it is another thing.  Has Abromivich got a brother???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:39 pm

Parry actually got a pay raise  ???
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:05 pm

I think Parry is a problem for LFC, I am not sure he deserves a pay rise, he has cost us big time in Transfer dealings. :(
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:22 pm

Redrider wrote:I think Parry is a problem for LFC, I am not sure he deserves a pay rise, he has cost us big time in Transfer dealings. :(

Are you hoping Santa brings you a new brain cell for Christmas, thus doubling your quota in the process or what?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:37 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Redrider wrote:I think Parry is a problem for LFC, I am not sure he deserves a pay rise, he has cost us big time in Transfer dealings. :(

Are you hoping Santa brings you a new brain cell for Christmas, thus doubling your quota in the process or what?

leon you crack me up :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:00 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:

No, I am hoping that Santa brings us a new Chief Executive Officer. One who is up to the magnitude of managing something as important and great as LFC, which manifestly Parry is not suitable for.  :angry:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:44 am

Whoever it was who said that Kenyon fuked up man u is really really stupid.  Man U is the richest club in the world (chelsea aside) for a reason.  And that is because Kenyon knew how to make money and build the brand name.  They sacrificed a little soul to make the club the powerhouse it has been over the last decade.  To tell you the truth i would rather we accepted the American money and took to their market like a duck to water.  America is the richest most powerful consumer market in the world.  Even more powerful than asia, ****** england there's far, far more money in foreign markets and if it takes american's to properly market the liverpool brand around the world then i would be perfectly happy to wave goodbye to parry and moores.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby SouthernScouser » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:30 am

LETS TAKE THE MONEY
SELL OUR SOULS - WHO CARES AS LONG AS WE ARE RICH LIKE CHELSKI OR SCUM U
What the F**k ???

How about we become successful again, let our football do the talking and the rest (marketing wise) will fall into place
we don't need to sell out to maintain our Greatness
LFC is and always will be one of the biggest Club Sides in the world
SouthernScouser

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:44 am

Redrider wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

No, I am hoping that Santa brings us a new Chief Executive Officer. One who is up to the magnitude of managing something as important and great as LFC, which manifestly Parry is not suitable for.  :angry:

I can see what RedRider is saying to certain extent, I think we could do with someone who is a 'business man' rather than a 'nice guy' as Parry is, that doesn't mean that Parry is doing a bad job though  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:50 am

Abromovich may have a brother but the question is does this brother have any serious money? :D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:22 am

Starbridge42 wrote:To tell you the truth i would rather we accepted the American money and took to their market like a duck to water.  America is the richest most powerful consumer market in the world.  Even more powerful than asia, ****** england there's far, far more money in foreign markets and if it takes american's to properly market the liverpool brand around the world then i would be perfectly happy to wave goodbye to parry and moores.

Hear hear, any sensible move that brings both finance and a new management team would be welcome. My only fear is that Parry is manouvering to take only the finance and try to retain control himself.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion