Morgan wins race - Money for players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:58 am

SouthernScouser wrote:LETS TAKE THE MONEY
SELL OUR SOULS - WHO CARES AS LONG AS WE ARE RICH LIKE CHELSKI OR SCUM U
What the F**k ???

How about we become successful again, let our football do the talking and the rest (marketing wise) will fall into place
we don't need to sell out to maintain our Greatness
LFC is and always will be one of the biggest Club Sides in the world

Um no mate I'm not suggesting that we sell out.  I'm suggesting we stop hoping that past success will supply us with cash.  lets take a bold step and stop living in the past and realise that we need to look to the future. 

You say lets become great but you dont actually have any idea how we are going to do it do you?  Rafa is a fine manager but not a wizard.  Alonso was a great signing but he cost £10million.  thats not exactly wheeling and deeling n signing super players for peanuts.  Thats spending the money he needs to and maybe we dont have that money at the moment.  Maybe we shouldnt just hope that marketting will fall into place and actualyl realise that thats not how things work in the real world. 

We need to actually think about how the club is run about how it is marketted about how it hopes to attract fans from around the world because you cant just hope that we'll get there without cash because the whole lanscape of club football has changed dramatically.  Why do you think it is that prior to the inception of the premiere league the 'holy grail' which was the league and cup double had been seized the same number of times as since the premiere league was founded?  Why do you think that in the last 10 years only 2 clubs have won the premiership - Arsenal and Manchester United?  Because of money!  Why has chelsea suddenly become such a strong side that a side like arsenal, who went 49 games undefeated last season, is 5 points behind them?  Because of massive capital investment from 1 Mr Abromovich.

Liverpool needs cash and im not suggesting we sell the identity of the club i am simply suggesting that the board realise that they need to shape up or ship out.  If some1 is able to give liverpool the cash and are able to restore us to our rightful place at the summit of english football then I dont give a flying fukc who they are or what they're nationality is.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby SouthernScouser » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:36 am

Good Post Starbridge
I always like to play devils advocate
You seem to have quite a few of the answers
when are you gonna throw your hat into the ring & go for the job

:D
SouthernScouser

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:49 am

Actually i have an answer to that - the day i turn 18  :D  :D  :D

Everyone has their own opinions thats whats great about forums - I take it theres no bad blood between us ey bud.  :)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 am

Oh well, here we are on 7th Jan and so far no-one has won the race to invest in LFC. In fact it seems the race has all but fizzled out.

Here's some food for thought gents (and Zara)....    Watching the news earlier they showed Thai prime minister Thakshin Sinawatra touring the areas of Phuket worst hit by the tsunami. It struck me that there's a country on the bones of its ar*e crying out for foreign aid in its hour of need, a country already poor away from the tourist-enriched coast with little evident wherewithall to rebuild itself.

I was never in favour of Thai government investment for a number of different reasons, both ethical and football, but imagine for a moment if we HAD signed Sinawatra's deal? How could he reconcile ploughing millions of pounds of Thai taxpayers money into a rich western football club whilst his people die around him because they don't have any water to  drink? I don't think for a moment he would go through with the deal, leaving LFC totally in the lurch, no doubt having already committed ourselves to expensive transfers and so on. The predicament of LFC pales into insignificance compared with what's happened in Asia, but the point still deserves some thought - just another reason I'm glad LFC looked elsewhere
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:25 am

Sound point!!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:28 am

agree
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:53 am

I thought exactley the same when I saw that Sinawatra dude on Sky News.

I never thought that was a viable alternative on investment anyway. I did not see why he would want to invest without an alterior motive.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:57 pm

He wanted ALL our Asian marketing rights. Potentially worth a fortune, but Parry was interested if he only wanted a minor share of the club and left Moores and Parry still in control !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:21 pm

Good point about thr Thai invesment, i for one never wanted it for a variety of reasons .
After the tsunami  im even more releaved it never went ahead
liamac
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion