Morgan wins race - Money for players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:38 pm

That is the point.

My heart makes me think Steve Morgan should be given the keys, but my head says he is a media whore who talks thru his wife, wants a groundshare and released figures about the new ground so as to make it cheaper for him to purchase.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Steve Morgan’s  declaration that he would never  lower the tone of Liverpool Football Club  in his own words, I will  not wash my dirty laundry in public !
Then on four separate and highly publicised occasions  he dragged our great club and all its traditions on to the back of every tabloid in England the latest ridiculous onset  allowing his wife to rant at shareholders at the latest A.G.M .
Steve Morgan  should be thankful Liverpool Football Club have even mulled over his proposals and should wait in  patience and silence and be honoured he finds himself in such a position to be even considered to run this celebrated club  .
It is abundantly  clear Mr Morgan lacks the desired traits needed to be at the helm of our club the most important being dignity  and respect ,surely Liverpool would still have been contemplating his proposals if he had shown  a  semblance of these essential attributes
???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:54 pm

I seriously wondered how many fans actually think though why Morgan wanted to rush the board to finalised the takeover before Jan. Many claims he wanted to take advantage of the situation to get the club at a cheap. Many believed his purposely is to force the hands of Mr Moores and Mr Parry. However, I believe Mr Morgan could be a fan like myself whom can no longer accept that fact that getting top 6 position is a good job well done.

I asked myself, if I have the money and position of Mr Morgan would I do the same to save Liverpool. I think yes.. I would try my very best abeilt rude and uncompromising that I must get the deal done before Jan so that the team can be fortified with some good additions to the team. At the rate things are going when will any takeover ever going to happen. The likelyhood of Oracle buying over Peoplesoft seems higher.

The only fault I find Morgan have at the momment is his eagerness to fix things. He has no patience for incompetency. Neither should we.
Thinkpad

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:57 pm

interesting piece from a chap called "CLoggs" at TalkLFC

Yesterdays top headline was Steve Morgan pulling out of his 70 million pound bid for control of Liverpool FC. Should Liverpool fans be upset and disappointed at this? In my humble opinion, no.

Morgan has played a large part of his campaign through the media. His main reason as to why we should accept his bid being "I'm a Liverpool fan". Morgan lashed out at the chairman during last month's AGM but assured us that he didn't intend to hang out Liverpool's dirty washing.

I don't like Morgan's tactics. That said, he's a businessman and a succesful one at that so he must have found in the past that his tactics work.

The reason why I think we shouldn't be too upset is because accepting Morgan's bid would leave us with a like-for-like swap. Morgan may have more money than Moores but what they have still isn't enough. Morgan has amassed an alledged 700 million pound fortune but we're safe to assume most of that isn't cold hard cash.

Furthermore, Morgan can't give Liverpool what it is lacking. Continuity. It takes continuity on the pitch to win the Premiership and off the pitch to be a steady, healthy, financial business. Advertising is the word. Football has become a marketing tool and the L.A. film producer has got it right.

We're losing ground on the top 3 off the pitch faster than on the pitch. The answer isn't to be able to buy one 25 million pound striker. The answer is being able to do that year in, year out. Rooney could break a leg today and never play again, that's not where Manchester United's strength lies. Their strength lies in the fact that they can buy the next Rooney if it should actually happen.

For Rooney you can say Drogba or Henry and for Manchester United you can say Chelsea or Arsenal, it doesn't matter. We've been looking at Stamford Bridge enviously because of their ability to buy the likes of Duff, Drogba and Robben but we're missing out on Roman Abramovic's most important transfer, Peter Kenyon.

The L4 group has that cash and more importantly, has the backing of a businessman who can link us to America's most favourite game, American Football. The possibilities of this deal make the United-Yankees linkup pale in comparison. American's know it takes money to make money and, more importantly, they have it. They can sell our jerseys all across the single most powerful consumer market in the world.

What Steve Morgan could over us was a one time, 70 million pound investment. A fortune to you and me, unless you're Steve Morgan and you're reading this. After that, not so much. That's pretty much what Moores is offering us right now. We've tried that and if we're going to change we have to change for the better. If we want to stick to a Moores type chairman, the current one is as good as they come. He has the club in his heart and has put a lot of energy into it since he took control. Liverpool FC owes him a big thank you.
[B]
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 pm

Great bloody read that :D America has the money that could take us back to the summit.I'm all for it.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Steve Morgan’s  declaration that he would never  lower the tone of Liverpool Football Club  in his own words, I will  not wash my dirty laundry in public !
Then on four separate and highly publicised occasions  he dragged our great club and all its traditions on to the back of every tabloid in England the latest ridiculous onset  allowing his wife to rant at shareholders at the latest A.G.M .
Steve Morgan  should be thankful Liverpool Football Club have even mulled over his proposals and should wait in  patience and silence and be honoured he finds himself in such a position to be even considered to run this celebrated club  .
It is abundantly  clear Mr Morgan lacks the desired traits needed to be at the helm of our club the most important being dignity  and respect ,surely Liverpool would still have been contemplating his proposals if he had shown  a  semblance of these essential attributes
???

When your back are forced to the walls and everyone else is not listening why should he be bothered how he responded. Just because what others did to him are not publish does not make them anymore dignify.

It is like you are working for superiors that are out to get you by being difficult and keep creating problems in your life. If you responded you are not dignify.. so my guess is we just accept it as fate playing a cruel joke.

Sometimes, what is not said is actually far worse that what has been said. At least Morgan has made his intention clear and made public most of what has said or transpire. What the rest has not said or try to hide, my friend is what you should worry about.
Thinkpad

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:07 pm

Liverpool Football Club have always moved at their own pace ,rest assured they will not be left without capital and will certainly opt for the best investment package available ,and one in keeping with our heritage on that we can be assured
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:12 pm

mistyred wrote:Great bloody read that :D America has the money that could take us back to the summit.I'm all for it.

Seriously I don't care where the money come from, just that we need it quick. QUICK.. QUICK.. HURRY.. HURRY.. FASTER.. FASTER... Or we will lose Stevie forever.. :(

I know many people will hate me for saying this, but Man U has the biggest fan base compared to liverpool and others in Asia. I think about 50%. Arsenal fan base is growing by the day, Chealse fan based leaped frogged. Liverpool fan base actually decreased. Some just gave up but never support another team. Imagine gave up soccer... just gave up!?!!
Thinkpad

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:13 pm

Thinkpad wrote:When your back are forced to the walls and everyone else is not listening why should he be bothered how he responded. Just because what others did to him are not publish does not make them anymore dignify.

It is like you are working for superiors that are out to get you by being difficult and keep creating problems in your life. If you responded you are not dignify.. so my guess is we just accept it as fate playing a cruel joke.

Sometimes, what is not said is actually far worse that what has been said. At least Morgan has made his intention clear and made public most of what has said or transpire. What the rest has not said or try to hide, my friend is what you should worry about.

................................?
Are you a student of The Garth Crooks School Of Literature
perhaps ?   :D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:29 pm

Lets just count our collective blessings that Mr Morgan is no longer considered a viable investor :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:38 pm

The Liverpool Way is not to do it thru the media, IF Morgan was a dyed in the woll fan, he would know this, and stick to the great traditions.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:41 pm

Thinkpad wrote:
mistyred wrote:Great bloody read that :D America has the money that could take us back to the summit.I'm all for it.

Seriously I don't care where the money come from, just that we need it quick. QUICK.. QUICK.. HURRY.. HURRY.. FASTER.. FASTER... Or we will lose Stevie forever.. :(

I know many people will hate me for saying this, but Man U has the biggest fan base compared to liverpool and others in Asia. I think about 50%. Arsenal fan base is growing by the day, Chealse fan based leaped frogged. Liverpool fan base actually decreased. Some just gave up but never support another team. Imagine gave up soccer... just gave up!?!!

see now that's not using using your head, thats being impulsive.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:52 pm

Thinkpad wrote:Seriously I don't care where the money come from, just that we need it quick. QUICK.. QUICK.. HURRY.. HURRY.. FASTER.. FASTER... Or we will lose Stevie forever.. :(

1)    That is thinking with your head isn't it !! :D

2)     If Stevie wants to go, then good luck to him, LFC will be here long after Stevie Gerrard is six feet under.

3)     Its football, not and never has been soccer.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:29 pm

My fear in all this, is that the real motivation in stalling on the Morgan bid relates to personal reasons on the part of Parry.
Morgan as we all know ripped into the management at the shareholders meeting in 2003, quite fairly as far I can see as their Business Management performance is well below par. Morgan if he takes control will wish to redress this balance and thus give Parry an extremely torid time.
I would see Morgan running the club as a Liverpool Fan, but with a sharper business edge.
The L4 group or any other from Thailand etc. represent an unknown entity in terms of how they would manage our financial affairs, will they provide funding beyond an initial investment or will they just use our name to raise money for their own products and keep all promotional rights in their own region or country, with little flowing our way.
If they become bored with their investment, they could leave us without further money but also powerless to go out and raise our own funding.
My fear here is that Parry is paddling out into deeper water and he can't swim !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:38 pm

is that all that is to you because the man has money
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion