Are we a threat?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:16 am

In my opinion we are a threat to Arsenal,Chelsea and the Man scum.

-From the looks of it, none one [the media] believes that we can win our 19th title this year. Everyone is placing their bets on Arsenal,Chelsea and Manchester United.

-Why is Manchester United even mentioned? These so called football analysts are amusing. Man Utd is uncapapable of winning the Premiership this year. Why, let me get to that. They are missing 10 players this year.
[list]
[*]Van Nistelrooy is injured, he won't be able to play until mid September
[*]Saha is injured as well
[*]Solsjaker is injured and won't be a ble to play for the whole season
[*]Christiano Ronaldo won't be able to play until the Olympics are over
[*]Brown is injured
[*]Their best defender is suspended until October
and the list goes on.

Do they expect to win the title with the likes of Spector,Djemba Djemba and Alan Smith? They must be joking. Their defense is so horrific its not even funny, their midfield is not good either. Most of the pre-season games they have played, they've lost even with Ryan Giggs,Keane,Scholes[spelling?],G.Neville,etc...

Arsenal beat them without even trying yet people are saying that they are going to win the Premiership? They are picking scum over the 18th EPL champions,LFC?! What has this football world come to? Man Utd needs to fear Middlesbrough and Newcastle, because both those teams want to make it in the top five, I am not sure if Man Utd can even come in fifth place.

-Arsenal are yet again the favorites, they are good there is no doubt about that. I have to give them credit for the way they play. Are they perfect? No, no team is perfect, human nature it self is not perfect. Every team has a flaw, including Arsenal. I've noticed that the strikers like to get fancy with their goals, that will be their downfall, they sometimes don't take their opponents serious and end up trailing in the game. Will they be unbeaten? No once again, it will be very difficult for them to be unbeaten for the second season in a row.  Arsenal is our main competion and I think we can give them a run for their money.

-Another favourite is Chelsea. For some reason they think they can win it because they spent 200 million pounds over the past two years on their players. I find that amusing, since when did expensive players make a team number 1? Real Madrid has proven that even with the best world class players in the world, you can't win so easily.

Greece has proven that with a good manager and hard working players they can win the Euro2004, did anybody think that Greece was going to win it? No not at all, even the Greece fans didn't think they were going to win. The favourites were England,Spain,France,Germany,Portugal,etc.. as usual.

Rafa has proven that he can win the season in his first year, he did that in Spain in one of the hardest leagues in the world. Valencia became number one even though Barcelona and Real were the favourites.

We have hard working players and a great manager. By the looks of it, Rafa has a lot up his sleeve. There is no doubt in my mind that major signings will take place for Liverpool, making our squad even stronger. We have hard working players and we can win. We should be only selling players that are completely useless, but keep those other players even though that they might be average because we will need backups if injuries occur, which I am sure that they will.

Cisse is a proven goal scorer, Baros has yet to show what he is made of. Josemi proves himself every game, Gerrard,Riise,Carragher,Hyppia,Kewell all play their best and hardest.

I know some of you are disapointed that we had a draw. But why? I would rather have a tie game then lose the first game. We won't win all games but we won't lose them all either.

Nothing can be predicted in the world of sports any longer. That has  been proven in every sport in the past  two or three years. The underdogs come on top, Liverpool are the underdogs and we can win it. Let Skysports,BBC,and the papers believe that Arsenal,Chelsea and Manchester will win it, because when we do win the Premiership, they will all be emberessed by their foolishness.

YNWA.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:46 am

on papER WE CAN TAKE ANYONE BUT GIVN HOW ARSENAL PLAY I THINK THEYLL WIN IT AGAIN. IF BENITEZ GELS THE side TOGETHER SOON AND BRINGS in A GOOD RIGHT WINGER THEN WE WILL BE A THREAT
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:54 am

Nice post A.B...but I have to confess that I disagree on some points....underdogs, like Greece, can win Cup competitions but winning the league is very VERY different. Winning the league is NEVER a fluke, the best team will always win the league...and to be honest I do not think we have the best team. Yes we are very good and I honestly believe we might finish 3rd, but I cannot see us beating Chelsea and Arsenal over 36 games. I mean it is going to be closer for sure and I hope we make a fight of it until the last week or two, but I think those two teams over the season will prove to strong for most.
Arsenal are very very good and I must admit that I like to watch them play. I disagree about them scoring fancy goals (did you see the Everton goals? Nothing fancy about them) they just play superb attacking football. And now Viera is back they can easily win it again.
Cheslea are complete f**kers and I hate them as much as Man Scum but the players they have coupled with a very good coach are going to make them a very good team. They defended a 1 goal lead on sunday which is unheard of for Chelski but they have the quality to do it...I personally think they will win the league and concede very few goals doing it.
Man Utd, Newcastle, Bolton, Birmingham and Middlesborough are going to be competitive and they will all take points off the top three making it a close title race but I just do not see us winning it this season.
I'd be happy to see good, tactically sound football, a few new faces come in and settle together and with our established faces have a successful season before really pushing for the title next season.
We have a bright future at our club but this is the most competitive league in Europe and I do not think we will win it overnight. Remember that when Valencia won the league Real and Barca were both in transitional periods and they lost it as much as Valencia won it, I suspect Chelsea and Arsenal will be tougher competition.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:48 am

I think Arsenal is the best team. Chelsea have spent a lot of money, but have they spent it wisely? They have bought good players, yes. But they can not buy a good team. I did not see much quality possession and attacking against manchester united. And this was a very weak man u. team. At full strenght they would have beaten chelsea. Arsenal looked very good. Even without Pires, Vieira and Campbell they completely outclassed Everton at Goodison. At times we looked good at Spurs. Never really understood why we had to drop so deep in the second half. In doing so we let Spurs back into the game. The goal was a disaster. Both Hyypia and Carragher made schoolboy errors, allowing Defoe to fire home from 6 yards out. I think we need new players, and we definately need more time for Benitez to work on the formation and teach the players some tactics.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:03 am

don't think we will win it, but will challenge and be close. It's gonna be tough for anyone to stop Arsenal, and I think Chelsea with a good squad and manger like Mourinho will also be challenging. These 2 clubs will round out the top 2 IMO with ourselves and ManUtd challenging for 3rd and 4th, with Newcastle also featuring.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:41 am

good post A.B.
but i still think we lack bite , i said this at half time in the last game and was proved right , i feel that we are 2 players short of a good team
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:47 am

i really think that we will finish 3rd above manchester united this season. i think that with all their problems they could be out of the title race before it's even started. arsenal will win it again because they are just awesome. chelsea may have the best players but arsenal have the best team. you see how they played against everton and there is a major difference between them and us. they go a goal up and then just kill teams off ruthlessly.  :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:52 am

agree with st mick, how's the name change procedure coming along st mick? ??????
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:55 am

jbg told me that to change my name i have to set up a new account. :(

so i'm gonna stick with stmichael for now as he is still seen as a saint by the some of liverpool fans for the fa cup final in 2001. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 am

fair enough, it's a shame that there is no way to change it, thats why i went with LFC #1 cos it'll always be there. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 pm

We are a better threat than the last season
Realistically, it will be a great achievement if we can finish 3rd
To finish 2nd even 1st remains a dream at this stage (may our dreams come true)
Arsenal can only get better since no major changes have been made since being the EPL Champion
Manure has statistically shown decrease in some level, not to mention there are some injured players.
Chelsea have the best player in England, if not in the world, yet, it needs process and takes time to build up the luxurious materials into a strong and reliable building, they need at least one more year to complete this (only if they running on the right track)
Liverpool will improve in some levels, needs more resources and a bit luck to become an emerging force.
On paper, Arsenal will be the number 1, followed by Chelsea, and Liverpool (hopefully) or Manure finish 3rd.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:14 pm

the best thing we can do is to stop sitting back when we take the lead, and not take off our strikers after 63 mins
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:46 pm

Whole Chelsea squad is new for the most part, how long will it take them to settle down in EPL style of football? Just look at their game against Manchester, nothing impressive about them.

When I ment Arsenal likes to be fancy with their goals or attempts to is when you have a striker in the box trying to go through three defensive players by dribbling [Henry] and at the end they end up 1.losing the ball 2.shooting, but off target or the keeper saves it.

Reyes did the exact same thing against Manchester in the Community Shield, when they should had scored, they missed and I think that will come back to haunt them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:52 pm

yes we're a threat...just wait and see
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:59 pm

supersub wrote:yes we're a threat...just wait and see

Moderator agrees=you know its true lol jk.

I seriously think we can make a big impact on the Premiership this year. If we don't win the Premiership there is still the FA,Champions League and UEFA cups to be won.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion