I almost became a deceased redman last March

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:31 am

I am only now revealing this crazy news  because I was very embarresed to say it before. On 9th March 2013. I out of the blue started to vomit about 4 litres of blood without any pain or discomfort at all. Paramedics where called I was rushed to hospital and my blood pressure dropped like a stone apparently I had a condition called Varices which is related to the Liver and internal bleeding occurs in a life threatening way. I was transfered to a hospital which  were more specialized in this condidtion. I was released after 8 days. I saws told it could happen again but they can carry out a operation that can help. Before the operation was carried out I apparently collapsed bleeding but also stopped breathing and it took the medical team in my home 20-40 mins to resusitate me I also had 2 seiures and ended up in Intensive Care. I cannot remember a thing although I was in ICU for 11 days. I came home then contracted Phonomonia due to low blood count. I have lost a lot of weight mainly muscle wastage and cannot drive for at least 12 months. I seem to be suffering more mentally than physically  at present. I know its a horrible subject to bring up but I am thankful I am still alive. But has anybody ever been through this who could possibility help me or give me advice as at the moment I feel lost. Thank You. YNWA. RIP JFT96
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:50 am

dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 am wrote:I am only now revealing this crazy news  because I was very embarresed to say it before. On 9th March 2013. I out of the blue started to vomit about 4 litres of blood without any pain or discomfort at all. Paramedics where called I was rushed to hospital and my blood pressure dropped like a stone apparently I had a condition called Varices which is related to the Liver and internal bleeding occurs in a life threatening way. I was transfered to a hospital which  were more specialized in this condidtion. I was released after 8 days. I saws told it could happen again but they can carry out a operation that can help. Before the operation was carried out I apparently collapsed bleeding but also stopped breathing and it took the medical team in my home 20-40 mins to resusitate me I also had 2 seiures and ended up in Intensive Care. I cannot remember a thing although I was in ICU for 11 days. I came home then contracted Phonomonia due to low blood count. I have lost a lot of weight mainly muscle wastage and cannot drive for at least 12 months. I seem to be suffering more mentally than physically  at present. I know its a horrible subject to bring up but I am thankful I am still alive. But has anybody ever been through this who could possibility help me or give me advice as at the moment I feel lost. Thank You. YNWA. RIP JFT96

You poor soul.

Is there any chance of you getting a liver transplant? At least do some serious inquiries about this mate.

I would advise you to go to your doctor and describe your mental state to him, he may/should refer you onto a psychologist. It gives you the opportunity to sit and discuss your feelings and this may help. Also, your doctor could prescribe you some anti-depressants to help you get through this mentally.

I don't really know what to say other than that - but I'd definitely be making some noises about getting a new liver.

You'll Never Walk Alone

:)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 am

Cheers mate. Made enquiries about a liver transplant you have to wait at least 12 months before being considered. Even if it is alcoholic related or not. Mine is hepatitis related and taking too many iburofen with a bad diet
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am

Nothing to be embarrassed about mate. Hopefully things will soon take a turn for the better for you. Sorry I cant be of much help; don't really know much about what you're going through or the condition. Whatever it is though, you should talk to someone about it.

keep us posted and keep the spirits up.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 am

dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:31 am wrote:I am only now revealing this crazy news  because I was very embarresed to say it before. On 9th March 2013. I out of the blue started to vomit about 4 litres of blood without any pain or discomfort at all. Paramedics where called I was rushed to hospital and my blood pressure dropped like a stone apparently I had a condition called Varices which is related to the Liver and internal bleeding occurs in a life threatening way. I was transfered to a hospital which  were more specialized in this condidtion. I was released after 8 days. I saws told it could happen again but they can carry out a operation that can help. Before the operation was carried out I apparently collapsed bleeding but also stopped breathing and it took the medical team in my home 20-40 mins to resusitate me I also had 2 seiures and ended up in Intensive Care. I cannot remember a thing although I was in ICU for 11 days. I came home then contracted Phonomonia due to low blood count. I have lost a lot of weight mainly muscle wastage and cannot drive for at least 12 months. I seem to be suffering more mentally than physically  at present. I know its a horrible subject to bring up but I am thankful I am still alive. But has anybody ever been through this who could possibility help me or give me advice as at the moment I feel lost. Thank You. YNWA. RIP JFT96

No reason to be embarrassed mate, bloody hell it's your life at risk not some trivial issue. Good luck with the recovery.

For what it is worth my friends dad had Varices, his was diagnosed to be caused by cirrhosis of the liver. To cut a long story short, he had to completely flip his lifestyle choice - mainly alcohol intake. In fact he extended that to cutting smoking too, I believe he made a good recovery so don't lose hope.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:08 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm wrote:Nothing to be embarrassed about mate. Hopefully things will soon take a turn for the better for you. Sorry I cant be of much help; don't really know much about what you're going through or the condition. Whatever it is though, you should talk to someone about it.

Pretty much my sentiment as well Dundreamin mate, chin up and walk on through the storm
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm

sad to hear that lad and hope you begin to make some inroads to full recovery.
a diet and lifestyle change would be the key and maybe seek an alternative to the ibuprofen. my auld man has arthritis and thats what the doc prescribes him by the bucket load, they play havoc with his diet and his weight fluctuates when he doesnt feel well. my sis is a nurse and she had war on the doc for taking the easy road and she persuaded him to give him something else and he now feels much better. its still some form of ibuprofen just not the red smartie ones which were the problem.
try to get in shape mate and start excercising and you will mentally begin to feel better because anti-d's is a tricky road to go down with no guarantees. maybe short term they might help but honestly you should only try them as a last resort.
take yourself off on a sun holliday to lift your spirits and help get you in to a better frame of mind to face the challenges ahead.
best of luck lad
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Very sorry to hear that mate and I hope you're stable now. Obviously it's a  life changing situation so you must avoid denial and become comfortable with the new scenario that for now, dominates your thoughts, fears and immediate future. Imagine if you lost an arm - its visual so you can 'cope' with the situation better but in fact, subject to discovering new rules to the game, you can understand and adapt accordingly. I might be off target mate, but don't run from it, understand it and adapt, then crack on, don't let it get on top of you. Are you married, are you facing this with close support? Anyway, you've got many mates in here and we're here for you for.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

wish you the very best with your recovery mate

YNWA
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am wrote:Nothing to be embarrassed about mate. Hopefully things will soon take a turn for the better for you. Sorry I cant be of much help; don't really know much about what you're going through or the condition. Whatever it is though, you should talk to someone about it.

Seconded - YNWA
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:56 pm

while no one wants these types of horrendous illnesses sometimes a lot of positive things can come from them in the long run.
some fella i worked with years ago got cancer and as he told me himself he wouldnt go as far to say it was one of the best things that ever happened to him (because he was very very ill at one point) but it definately changed his life for the better. before his illness he was a couch potato type (as most of us are!) who went to work, got home, ate his tea, watched telly, had a few cans then went to bed. he did the same routine day in day out for years and years. he hardly had a holiday.
i hardly see him these days but the odd time i do bump into him he`s either just come back from a cycling trip to the south of france or a just done a parachute jump or canoed up the river danube in europe or something nuts like that. although he`s in his 50`s he`s like action man.
when he was recovering he met loads of people in the same boat as himself who were all very active and he joined their group. they do lots of stuff for charity and have a great time. he looks better now in his 50`s than he looked in his mid 30`s when i worked with him.
he managed to turn a very bad negative into a life changing positive and i think thats what you`ve got to challenge yourself to do. get yourself better and take up something like golf, treat yourself to a golfing holiday in florida or something then as you get fitter take it from there.
you`d be amazed how many people go through similar situations as well mate, sometimes you think you are the only one it`s happening to but as people get out of their 30`s and into their 40`s/50`s/60`s things like this are sadly more common than you think.
good luck mate and dont let those `3 o clock in the morning` type times when your worries run riot get you down, everyone has them, wether it`s over health issue`s or paying the mortgage and the bills or trying to find work or whatever, everyone has them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for the positive replies which really help. I have been invited to OZ and Crete by friends for holidays. I just want to get back to work as I have never been out of work since I left school which include the Army and Fire Brigade so I hardly been a couch potato.. when things looked really bad I  have a replica European Cup which I asked my best mate should the worse happen is to take my ashes to Leppings Lane and scatter them on the terrace. Then had the cup etched with the words JFT96. 15/4/1989. RIP
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Good health is a precious thing and we don't appreciate it until something like this happens.

Wish you a speedy recovery fella and hope everything improves, which i'm sure it will.  Remember, keep your chin up and stay positive.

YNWA  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 pm

yeah well said 7_kewell.
get yourself on holiday DD and when you feel up to it get back to work, you`ll be fine.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 pm

dundreamin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:45 pm wrote:Thanks for the positive replies which really help. I have been invited to OZ and Crete by friends for holidays. I just want to get back to work as I have never been out of work since I left school which include the Army and Fire Brigade so I hardly been a couch potato.. when things looked really bad I  have a replica European Cup which I asked my best mate should the worse happen is to take my ashes to Leppings Lane and scatter them on the terrace. Then had the cup etched with the words JFT96. 15/4/1989. RIP

That's pretty cool man, I hope you remember the idea when the time comes, when you're like at least 70 years old. No sooner of course.

Stay strong mate, YNWA
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion