How to beat chelsea in the league cup

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:02 am

supersub wrote:I take umbridge at the use of the word recklessness when descibing the deliberate and most definitely intentional act of breaking Xabi Alonso's ankle.The scumbag was given strict instruction by the assassinator to cripple the midfield man pulling all the strings.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................... yer I watched the karate kid a few weeks ago, remember that horrible fella told jonny to sweep the leg :D . And put him out of commition sort of the same thing :;): , I have said before it was premeditated but a lot of people disagreed.
The plan was take out our best player on the pitch and no way would they have done it to Stevie, cause they want him at chelsea and 2. our seasons been sh#t since.

Everton gave them a good game last week, and so did we on new years day, we have more firepower now with Morientes, he will want to win his first trophey with us, Stevie will have had an awful long time off, I JUST HOPE HE DOESNT GO MISSING AGAIN as he has been in a lot of our big games.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:10 am

Also hope that on the day fo the game, our defenders would not be caught admiring how high Chelski's players can jump when fighting to connect with the dead-ball delivered into Dudek's goal area...

So often they would work so hard only to fall into the "lack of concentration" period and be caught like this and give away a cheap goal. Another one to watch is Joe Cole's uncanny ability to squeeze shots past Dudek.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:35 pm

Lets not bother stealling his trench coat, lets just set fire to it with him still wearing it!! :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:09 pm

.. I say we "park a bus" in front of our goal and hit them on the break  :D another one of Mourinhio's classic quotes..

I believe we can win this .. 1-0 for me ..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:48 pm

How to win:
Get steve morgan
Use his money to buy our way to the top spot and buy ourselves some silverware
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:01 pm

Dalglish wrote:Cast your mind back 2 Seasons and the run up to teh Carling Cup Final against Man Spew......Very few people , our own fans included gave us much of a chance. United were flying and we were spluttering along yet produced a classic performance on the day against Man u's strongest 11 (it was only AFTER they lost they called it a Mickey mouse trophy ??? ) so take heart and believe that on the day we can win any game.

exactly my point. we were massive underdogs for that match because manure were on a roll. after that game they went unbeaten for the rest of the season and won the league as arsenal crumbled. it's all about on the day. our key players have to bring their "a game" and show those shandy drinkers no respect whatsoever.

our competitive record at cardiff is very good. i wonder if we've got the lucky dressing room again? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:15 pm

i must admit i admire his attitude as treating it as a normal game, not allowing the players to be distracted.
109-1105722616

Postby L-type » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:23 pm

yeah, but thats because he's been to busy plotting who to injure next to get changed.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:27 pm

Chrissy wrote:How to win:
Get steve morgan

:D all possible before the League Cup Final  :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:11 pm

Chrissy wrote:How to win:
Get steve morgan

Apart from the fact the transfer windows is closed  ???  and the players will be ineligble to play  :D other than that good idea  :)
Last edited by the great one on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:47 pm

lol yeah but you have to dream dont you...

:D  :D
Last edited by Chrissy on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:18 pm

Why dreamn when you could support chelsea?  I'm sure thats what newcomers to the game are thinking.  That is why I feel Chelsea are bad for football, and possibly more questions will be raised about a possible salary cap.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:29 am

Liverpool Has To Win

This is a blessing in disguise, weve lost twice this season to Chelsea. Yet we meet again with chelsea.

We have to show we are not any less than bloody blues.

If we are not willing to win over Chelsea (the third time), we might as well give up football and let the new lads take over. If Liverpool give up as they did when they played Birmingham, might as well dont play.

This is a battle of not only for a cup but for our reputation.

Chelsea might be rich but money itself should not determine who wins.

Message for the lads.

Dont lose. Show marinhoe that his players are not better than us (as he has been bragging)

show your utmost best

Bring back the cup to Anfield
[B]
hobbes

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:56 pm

Chelsea are the reason why we are struggling this season. If Lampard hadn't injured Alonso we would surely be 4th by now..... I have seen that tackle a few times, and no doubt. it was on purpose....(ie..as soon as alonso got the ball lampard just lunged @ him).

Hope Lampard gets his retribution..... As for the carling cup, yeah we can win it. Chelsea looks like a pale side without robben. If he does not play, we have more than a even chance of beating them. This is the team i would play.

Dudek
       Finnan   Carra    Hyppia Riise
       Garcia   Hamann Gerrard Kewell
                 Baros   Morientas

If each of them play to their full potential...chelsea are there for a taking.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:46 pm

Chelsea are the reason why we are struggling this season

I disagree. Yes Alonso is a player we are greatly missing but even with Alonso there were problems in other areas on the pitch. [such as the back four]

Injuries and inconsistancy is why we're in 5th place and not in  4th but we were inconsistant before we played Chelsea. To a certain degree I agree that Chelsea has f#cked up our season but its not the only reason we're not in good form.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion