Heskey on team? - The english team?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Puddy Heskey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:26 am

First of all im irish so i dont know a huge amount about the english international team except youd cum in your pants to have our duff and keane.But anyway what i want to know is.How the hell does heskey get on your international team.Christ there must be better english strikers out there.Im not sureif he's still there.but what the hell was he doin there at all.I mean hes sh##e at club football.How do ye expect him to play against france or spain or the likes in European championship.More importantly than this.Ireland are much much better than england at soccer and you allllllllll knows it.So pog ma hon
Puddy Heskey

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:37 am

Pog your f##kin own! Heskey may be sh##e but at least he's home-grown, unlike most of your team.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:53 am

It's called football not soccer.
And I don't think Ireland would win if they played England.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:59 am

"soccer" is for yanks. And the Irish, evidently.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:28 pm

Actually most of the current Irish international football team are home grown:

Duff, Robbie Keane, Steven Carr, Mark Kinsella, Ian Harte, John O' Shea, Richard Dunne, Shay Given, Graeme Kavanagh, Andy Reid are all home grown.

The Irish aren't as reliant on the granny rule as they were ten years ago.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:40 pm

I don't know if england would beat ireland... ireland drew with Brasil and beat Australia and Australia beat England 3-1.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:43 pm

heskey gets in the england team for the same reason that he gets in liverpools team, he compliments owen. we also don't have a natural choice to partner owen because nobody else is scoring goals on a regular basis.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:13 pm

Who cares?Heskey is rubbish but Errikson seems to like him.The big worry for England is that neither him nor Owen are looking like international strikers right now.Maybe they are saving themselves for Portugal?I doubt Ireland have a better team than England,but we would undoubtedly give them a competitive game.We have a handful of players that would make the England squad but Im not sure how many would make the first eleven.Possibles would include Duff, Shay Given,Robbie Keane,Roy Keane,Stephen Carr,and John O`Shea.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:19 pm

Given
Carr
Terry
Campbell
Cole
Beckham
Gerrard
Scholes
Duff
Keane
Owen

sum team that!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:28 pm

Yeah,doesnt look bad at all.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:58 pm

I apologise if i offended any on the ireland are better thing.Im not tryin to incite rivalrys.I was just messing.And i call it soccer cause over here if you say football people thing your talkin bout gaelic football which is what i think aswell.But im sure you understand.Im irish but im not tryin to be biased but i genuinly do think ireland would beat england even with the team we have now.And dont be makin your little lists with irish players in them u aint gettin them haha.Althought that would be a great team tho wouldnt it.We did draw with brazil and really should have won if u saw the match.Keane missed two sitters.But in the last 20 years have england ever beatin ireland.Of course there was that match over here where we went 1-0 and thrashed the place.that was a disgrace.Im a strong supporter of ireland celtic and liverpool but that sort of violence is just unnesscery.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:24 pm

I think Ireland would definitely give us a good game. In fact I think the 2 sides would be very evenly matched. Bring it on!  :;):

As for who would make it into the England side - Duff a definite, probably Kiely, O'Shea & Keane plus a few ohers well worth a place on the bench.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:05 pm

No No the question is which of yee english boyos would make it into the irish team.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:24 pm

## ##! How many COULD make the Irish team and how many would WANT to is a different matter! England always first choice, if they're not good enough dig out the family tree and see if their great gran once had a pint of Guinness, hey presto, instant eligibility for Ireland! :laugh:  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:27 pm

yeah like clinton morrison. he's the most cockney irishman i've ever seen. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion