Houlliers legacy - Le tallec and pongolle

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:21 pm

XSD wrote:Young players need coaching before just dropping them neck deep in the Premiership.

You mean like Owen ?  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:40 pm

XSD wrote:Young players need coaching before just dropping them neck deep in the Premiership.

The french whizz kids were a product of the most admired footballing academy in the world, Fooliers area of expertise. Having signed them how much extra coaching did he think they needed 2/3/4 seasons ? Was he so arrogant that he thought he could sign players and keep them on the sidelines for years under his wing whilst Liverpool continued to underachieve ? .Or did he initially underestimate their true readiness for senior football and was unable to admit it. Don't misunderstand me,they are talented players . I guess the keyword is time and in this instance Foolier ran out of it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:34 pm

Woof thats not my argument,I am well aware of how many starts they were afforded by Houllier,But it was still his foresight to bring them to the club ,therefore it would not be churlish of me to suggest they could be Houlliers legacy.I don't expect everyone to agree with me on this ,I just presume to know real talent when i see it,I have supported this great club of ours for nearly 30 years man and boy ,and god knows i have witnessed some truly great talent grace Anfield's hallowed turf ,I am by no means advocating Houllier's management skills but his buisiness acumen was second to none ,even if his tactics were bizarre and at times baffling
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:46 am

Red , more informed members than me would probably take issue on your declaration that "Houlliers business acumen was second to none". I don't think the millions and millions he was given were well spent , and in the end neither did the board :(  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fritzylfc » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 am

when foolier had his finest hours lets be honest hear we did exactly play birmingham off the park, the cup final we rode our luck eufa cup was agreat game that was our best effort that season.houllier did let the reds out then locked them up again. i still can not understand why he did not pick litmannan thats when i started questioning his judgement:) :) :) :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:06 pm

Woof I am by no means condoning  Houlliers   transfer decisions, by business acumen I meant the fact he  was actively involved  in every aspect  in our transition  from a football club refusing to accept change , to one that is now well prepared for the future . Whoever our new manager is he will benefit from the changes implemented by Houllier ,albeit his questionable forays into the  transfer market  in the last two seasons ,but that wasn’t  my argument .Houlliers first interview in the Echo probably inspired a lot of fans it did me but what should have been the start of an epic saga sadly petered out into an Aesops  fairy tale akin to The Tortoise and the  Hare only regrettably the Tortoise was afforded more time !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:11 pm

:)
He did do some good things for us,
Leaving was one of them:D :laugh: :D
Seriously Red he did leave us in pretty good shape not in chaos.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:09 pm

Houllier never had a master plan, never had an idea as to a team style, which changed from game to game.
Liverpool Reserves were always a mirror image of the first team so cover for injuries or suspensions knew the role they had  to play and could fit in. We've lost better players than Pongo and LeTallec because they were overlooked/discarded by Le Prique for no other reason than "he could".His ego was far bigger than his "undying love" for Liverpool.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:47 pm

You don't half talk ****** at times.

Its a shame, because when you aren't talking ****** you make some good points.
115-1073096938

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:18 pm

Stu I've followed this club all over the world and I've seen the highs and lows but the one thing I've always respected was the heart shown by the team. When the heart was missing I couldn't talk for days after matches.
Your mate Le Prique didn't have a clue about Liverpool Football Club despite the rubbish he spouted . When he sat down with El Hadji Shyte and the rest of them he would have realised they would never be Liverpool players and they should never have been earning our hard earned for so long.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:44 pm

I' 'd just like to thank Gerrard, for p***ing all over LFC's reputation for the past 6 years, breaking many embarrasing records
1. losing 6 games at home-worst record for 50 years,
2. losing first home game at anfield V Chelsea, 1st opening game loss since 1923,
3.worst run last season-16 games without a win, worst run since 1953, (relagation form!)
4. buying Kack players and conitually playing them in the team
5. He aint fit to lick shankly or paisely's boots
6. Not won league for 14 years- 6 under houllier (almost half)

Thanks houllier and F*** O** you ****
84-1083280474

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:48 pm

Hustler, it was 5 games at home in the league. :)

****** :)
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:42 am

So the REAL Stu is back, eh?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:14 pm

JBG, he's a fruitcake lad.

Stop using my repuation against me and actually read his posts.

Look at the garbage that comes from under his fingernails.

I mean for christs sake, i don't take other peoples opinions to well especially if i have my own strong opinions on whats right and wrong, but this kids taking the ****** and you're standing by watching him do it... At least i back my views up with thought process, time and a belief in what i'm saying through knowledge and experience.

Am tempted to give up posting, the lads a complete and utter fruitcake and dragging the standard of the forum down completely on his own.
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:58 pm

i would only agree with the one thing about the 16 games without a win, though as far as i know it wasn't as many as thta maybe im wrong, but the rest of those points are pretty stupid, i mean who cares we lost our first game since 1923, now that i've had time to think about it, houllier improved the team and the club, but just couldn't get over those bad signings in the summer of 2002, since that he has gone backwards but there u go

just looking forward to the new manager now, build on what has gone before and push for the title
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion