Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:17 am

I Dunno he hasen't impressed me, he looked like a normal average player against Palace then also after a long time. Kewell is somethiing more than that, he has to look more than average.

No more Kewell threads please. :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:10 am

i didnt go i was working
but all reports seem to say he played well enough
but i still think he's 2 hit and miss 4 me, of what i have seen of him when at games
pretty much the same as when he was at Leeds.
If your winning he up's his game
if your not he's normally a total waste of space
i know he has the talent
i know he supported Liverpool as a kid
so where is his passion
if i were in his shoes
playing 4 the club i loved
the one thing i could guarantee is i would give 100%
(only problem is i'm pretty ******)
(but then again so was Heskey)
so maybe Liverpool should sign me in January
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:57 am

Acutally this is something I've noticed about both of australia's top players kewell and viduka.  Both seem to be rather lazy which is very unlike australia's sporitng character.  You watch australians in any other sport and they never say die. 
Mathew Hayden (cricket) spent 18 montsh in the international wilderness, he knew fitness was his problem so he spent the entire time at Mortan Island runnign up and down sand dunes, the result now regarded as one of the best batsmen of the last 25 years. 
Ian Thorpe (swimming) after failing to win gold in one of the world championships trained 10 hours a day for 6 months and the result, world records.
Janna Pitment broke her leg two weeks before the olympics, yet managed to fight back to take her place in the final in the olympics

There are more examples of this in australians sport but i have to go soon so I need to hurry up, ne way, in short.

Kewell lazy - disgrace to australia
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:02 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Kewell lazy - disgrace to australia

Let's clone Craig Johnston...Liverpool's spirit personified!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:23 am

Redrider wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:You see more at a game than you do on Tv. Its as simple as that.

Yep, you see the man on the gate who takes your ticket. You see the back of the head of the person in front of you, etc.
It adds a deep insight into the game especially when you don't get the action replays, which never confirm or correct your opinion.
Oh and Kewell had a good game, whether you were there or not, he was instrumental in two of the goals, which was confirmed by the MOTD highlights, with action replays.

I have watch Liverpool's game from the stand many times. It adds to the atmosphere, you can feel the speed of the game a bit better than watching it on flatscreen. And you can get caught up with the adereline of 40,000+ supporters shouting in unison. However, if you turned you head for a split second, you missed the action. When the guys in front of you jumped from his seat, you missed the crucial moment. When a player fell at the opposite end, you can't see a sh1t (unless the player is van Horseface, which is always a dive anyway  :D )
I can't go to a game now as I am 6,000 miles away. I dearly missed the atmosphere especially at Anfield, but I can't agree with what Stu said, unless we are talking about a player's off the ball movement...
Last edited by Santa on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:32 am

Stu

Have only just picked up the threads from the weekend !

I can see what your saying - having been to quite a few games over the years - it is totally different being at the game - you can see people's movement off the ball - comapred to the TV which just follows the ball - but I also think you were harsh on PIGCATCHER - to suggest someone can't have an objective opinion from watching a game on tv/sattelite is b*ll*cks
But fair play if someone thinks a player has had a shocker but you saw different at the game - it's good to put that across

I've been amazed the games I've been to - then watching pants highlights were they make it seem like a totally different game alltogether
But that's the media for you

I thought Kewell had one of his better games
and MILAN was class
SouthernScouser

Postby ynwa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:44 am

Rafael Benitez admits he was pleased with the improvement shown by under-fire Harry Kewell in Saturday's 3-2 win over Crystal Palace. 
Kewell has found himself in the firing line of late following some below-par performances but he bounced back to play a significant part in Liverpool's defeat of the Eagles.

The Australian had a hand in two of the three goals and Benitez was happy to see the faith he has shown in him rewarded.

"Harry played better," says the Reds boss. "He played between the lines of midfield and attack, he played some good passes in and in the second half he did well on the wing also.

"But it's not just one week, he needs two or three good weeks and I'm sure he will play better in the future. I've said before that he is a good player."
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:03 pm

Kewell, has a style of play which is looking complimentary to the Baros style.
On saturday they looked a better combination than Cisse and Baros did in ant of their games together.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby whelston23 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:56 pm

i am someone from singapore.. thus no chance can i go to anfield .. i can only see it on my tv... wana ask u guys who have been there for live matches.... is the stadium realli noise with fans screaming and shouting players name.. how does it feel to be part of it... how i hope i have a chance to have a feel..
btw.. how much is one game.? :)
whelston23

Postby Paul C » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:24 pm

whelston23 wrote:i am someone from singapore.. thus no chance can i go to anfield .. i can only see it on my tv... wana ask u guys who have been there for live matches.... is the stadium realli noise with fans screaming and shouting players name.. how does it feel to be part of it... how i hope i have a chance to have a feel..
btw.. how much is one game.? :)

League games are £28-£30 depending on the team

I see where Stu is coming from cos at the ground you can see more movement off the ball, communitcation between players and other things like that but on TV you can see replays and other decisions, I tend to go the game and then watch the highlights to see incidents in more details  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:41 pm

let see if he improve tommrow against norway personally i think he won't he needs to be dropped cus by the reports kewell is not fully fit.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:51 am

There are reports he isn't fully fit? I haven't heard any (unless its the whole ankle/groin problem he has had for ages)

It frustrates me as an aussie that he always seems to be injured before a friendly. It is good practice and good performances will improve his confidence. I hope he gets a run...
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion