Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:35 pm

Elchris wrote:duff n kewell are diff type of player but both are briliant footballers and unfortunetly injury prone btw he left chelsea because he was not gettin 1st team football as often as he liked.Mourinho was gutted when duffy wanted to leave chelsea

if he was so gutted why didnt he play him? and he left him go for 5 million.....
duff well overrated
Pedro Maradona

Postby Elchris » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Pedro Maradona wrote:
Elchris wrote:duff n kewell are diff type of player but both are briliant footballers and unfortunetly injury prone btw he left chelsea because he was not gettin 1st team football as often as he liked.Mourinho was gutted when duffy wanted to leave chelsea

if he was so gutted why didnt he play him? and he left him go for 5 million.....
duff well overrated

look at chelsea wingers...how many games have each of them played ..yea only 5 million i dunno why....if liverpool have ask for duff it would be double
Elchris

Postby cheesecake » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:58 am

Does anyone have any late news on the lad? Is he recovering at all? Is his transfer out of Anfield all but sown up? Will we see him again in a Liverpool shirt?
cheesecake

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:06 am

cheesecake wrote:Does anyone have any late news on the lad? Is he recovering at all? Is his transfer out of Anfield all but sown up? Will we see him again in a Liverpool shirt?

All I could get was this from 4-4-2:

Harry Kewell Comback

Basically set for early April comeback, with the final decision resting with our medical staff.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:08 am

i think benitez likes him, thats why he has brought him straight back in previously, i think if harry can get fit he will stay and play
112-1077774096

Postby Espionage » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:27 am

Kewell is a smart player, and he earned the respect of Benitez.  I think it will be interesting once he gets back because I dont see Gonzalez keeping him out of the side.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:31 am

Harry never misses a final, if we get to Cl final he will be there (at least for the first 10 mins :D ) We have sorely missed him this season, I just hope he gets fit and stays fit.
account deleted by request

Postby redmikey » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:51 pm

that would be fantastic for harry after getting booed off in turkey because people thought his bottle had gone ( me included" rat and sinking ship where mentioned")

i will be in athens if i have to sail there :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby E.Jack You Late » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:48 pm

Whats the latest on Kewell, is he back in full training yet?
E.Jack You Late

Postby E.Jack You Late » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
cheesecake wrote:Does anyone have any late news on the lad? Is he recovering at all? Is his transfer out of Anfield all but sown up? Will we see him again in a Liverpool shirt?

All I could get was this from 4-4-2:

Harry Kewell Comback

Basically set for early April comeback, with the final decision resting with our medical staff.

According to that article he will be :censored: about with the Aussie team in July, not happy about that, he should have a full pre-season.

I would like to send Gonzo out for a season in the Premier League, keep Kewell for one year and buy in a quality left sided midfielder, keep our options open I say.
E.Jack You Late

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:33 pm

I've heard today that he could be back in 2-3 weeks. Having said that it'll take him another month on top of that to get match fit again.

I'm hardly his biggest fan, but compare how he did last season with the likes of Gonzalez and Aurelio this term.

Some of his displays last season, especially his performance in the semi-final at OT against Chelsea was quality. None of the players we currently have for the left hand side could do that.

Don't get me wrong, he'll have his shockingly lazy days but mixed in there somewhere is a bit of style and substance.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Pedro Maradona wrote:

duff well overrated

:laugh:
76-1174245250

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Kewell's a class act. He is however far to injury prone to be relied upon unfortunately. Last season he was excellent, I was hoping this season he'd play with the same character and quality but find a few more goals. Unfortunately he's not even played once.

Shame, but time to cash in. Good player he is though.
76-1174245250

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:12 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:Kewell's a class act. He is however far to injury prone to be relied upon unfortunately. Last season he was excellent, I was hoping this season he'd play with the same character and quality but find a few more goals. Unfortunately he's not even played once.

Shame, but time to cash in. Good player he is though.

Totally agree on Kewell, however 'cash-in' isn't a phrase I'd use in this case.

He's cost us 17 million, yes 17 million over the 4 years he's been here including transfer fee and wages.

If we sold him now I reckon absolute maximum we'd get would be about 2.5 million, considering he's coming into the last year of his contract.  That wouldn't even cover what he'd get in wages for the final year of his contract.  And that's assuming we could sell him - no other club would match what we pay him at the moment, so I reckon he'll sit out his contract with us.

I always read that he feels he 'owes' Liverpool fans and we haven't seen the best of him, I say let him prove it.  When his current deal expires I'd like to see him stay here on a pay-as-you-play basis.  Lets face it, he's got the talent and when fit he'd be in our best 11 even still.  I'd like to see that deal happen.  We'd have a quality left winger when he's fit, and having him wouldn't be screwing our wage structure like it probably is a the moment.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:25 pm

Maybe.

Only thing I can say on the matter is "its a shame".

Simple as that.
76-1174245250

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion