Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gato_busta » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:47 pm

BOSS: KEWELL'S ALMOST READY TO RETURN

Well, Rafa says it will be about 10 more days for Harry to play again. I really hope he makes a full recovery and puts some displays like last season, Im not exactly Gonzos's biggest fan and we have really missed someone with Harrys experience on the left side of the field.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:41 pm

Here's my prediction:

Harry Kewell will stay injury free until he becomes a free agent and signs a new contract with another club. It will then be business as usual for him with the injuries.

When all is said and done Kewell would have been a bad buy for the club. I would take 2.5 million just to make sure he does not go on a free because that is what he will want.

:angry:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:45 pm

kazza wrote:Here's my prediction:

Harry Kewell will stay injury free until he becomes a free agent and signs a new contract with another club. It will then be business as usual for him with the injuries.

When all is said and done Kewell would have been a bad buy for the club. I would take 2.5 million just to make sure he does not go on a free because that is what he will want.

:angry:

Harsh. Very harsh. I seriously don't think Kewell said one day 'I know I will get septic arthritis so i can spend more time boning my missus and doin the loyal reds fans up the a.rse'

Do me a favour
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:51 pm

The only reason hw played well last year was to get ready for the World Cup. It has been one thing or another with him.

He was a bad buy. He has benefited from being a Liverpool player and he's not given anything near what he owes back. Dump him and good ridence.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:51 pm

Two big differences between this run-in and our sparkling form down the stretch last season.  Last season we had a fit Harry Kewell doing the business (and a balanced midfield as a result).  And, last season we also had Fowler on the pitch and scoring vital goals.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:00 pm

That's another thing that gripes me. The best natural finisher we have at the club and we don't play him. To top it off people say get rid of fowler and mention him in the same breath as the likes of zenden in their desired exodus of 'deadwood'. All down to age no pace. Just give him the ball and he'll hit the target no doubt. Kewell and a consistent pennant with fowler on the end of those crosses. Why is Kuyt playing deep? Did he play like this to score all those goals for feyenoord?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:01 pm

kazza wrote:The only reason hw played well last year was to get ready for the World Cup. It has been one thing or another with him.

He was a bad buy. He has benefited from being a Liverpool player and he's not given anything near what he owes back. Dump him and good ridence.

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone!!!

Unless your names Harry Kewell.
:no
76-1174245250

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:06 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:That's another thing that gripes me. The best natural finisher we have at the club and we don't play him. To top it off people say get rid of fowler and mention him in the same breath as the likes of zenden in their desired exodus of 'deadwood'. All down to age no pace. Just give him the ball and he'll hit the target no doubt. Kewell and a consistent pennant with fowler on the end of those crosses. Why is Kuyt playing deep? Did he play like this to score all those goals for feyenoord?

Kuyt's not good enough.

Fowler is. Simple as that.

Earlier in the season I was saying Kuyt and Fowler, now I saw Bellamy and Fowler. Simple.

This Voronin signing has really got my back up though. I expect a title challenge and an absoloute miminum of 3 first team quality players brought in this summer who will walk into the side and improve it no end. No excuses.

If this doesn't happen. As much as I like and respect Rafa. It will be time to start asking serious questions.
76-1174245250

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:
kazza wrote:The only reason hw played well last year was to get ready for the World Cup. It has been one thing or another with him.

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
You'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone!!!

Unless your names Harry Kewell.
:no

It is my love for the club that makes me say that.

If he does not give 100% to the club then he CAN and should walk alone.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:09 pm

How can he give 100% while injured? I feel Harry will truly be judged next season when he has had a full pre-season behind him and I hope the stupid socceroos keep their hands off him until he is fully recovered. Kazza, are you telling me that you weren't excited when we got kewell? I have faith
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:20 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:How can he give 100% while injured? I feel Harry will truly be judged next season when he has had a full pre-season behind him and I hope the stupid socceroos keep their hands off him until he is fully recovered. Kazza, are you telling me that you weren't excited when we got kewell? I have faith

I was very excited but three years later I am at the end of my patience with him. Sometimes you must face the facts, bite the bullet and cut your loses.

He will probably play well next year but that is only to get a fat contract once he goes on a free. He plays for himself.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:00 pm

I think Benitez will bin Kewell off rather than giving him another big contract, I wouldn't be suprised to see Kewell sold in the summer (fingers crossed).
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:If I was one of our left sided players like Gonzalez, Aurelio or Riise. I'd be pissed off if harry walked back straight into the starting 11 for the Barca game.

Rafa does seem to have a habit of playing him as soon as he's back from injury.

spot on mate! say what you like, i think harry has been out to long to walk straight back into the side,besides there are too many important games coming up to risk him! one question i want an honest answer to - has he bust a gut to get fit again for the remainder of this season! someone give me evidence he has & he might have a case to fight for a place, let alone walk straight back into the side ?
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:17 pm

redhayesy wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:If I was one of our left sided players like Gonzalez, Aurelio or Riise. I'd be pissed off if harry walked back straight into the starting 11 for the Barca game.

Rafa does seem to have a habit of playing him as soon as he's back from injury.

spot on mate! say what you like, i think harry has been out to long to walk straight back into the side,besides there are too many important games coming up to risk him! one question i want an honest answer to - has he bust a gut to get fit again for the remainder of this season! someone give me evidence he has & he might have a case to fight for a place, let alone walk straight back into the side ?

I think we'll see the answer to your question red, in the coming weeks , if he comes off the bench and looks fit and as sharpe as he can be without any matches,he might yet have a say in the rest of our season. If he looks fat and slow it will take the rest of the season to get match fit anyway , in which case it he will only be used as a sub and he'll have to see what happens at the end of the season.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Blind_Ref » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:11 am

He's aiming to play for the Reserves on April 10 v Sheffield United

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,21468379-5005401,00.html
Blind_Ref

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion