Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:20 pm

it amazes me that peoiple are so eager to see harry move on?
he is without doubt one of our top players
how can you give 100% when your body inst 100%?
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC_fan » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:26 am

People are so judgemental, its ridiculous sometimes. The only people who can have a fair shout in this matter are the people close to him. his family, his friends, his team mates, his manager, his physio etc. Those are the people who see the complete picture, not the ones who are miles away from him and certainly not the ones who, the only things they know about him are his shirt number and the amount of money he earns a week. Let the people who matter pass judgement. If Rafa feels that he has been trying his best and still has alot to contribute and that it was only his bad luck with injuries that has been holding him back, then he will act accordingly in coming out to show his support or offer him a contract extention. If he thinks otherwise, then he his actions within the next 12 months would reflect his thoughts.

That being said, this is a forum after all and everybody is entitled to his own opinion.
LFC_fan

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 am

Harry Kewell is a cancer that we can now afford ourselves rid of!  GOODBYE SICKNOTE ...never a player that made me  more unhappy! :rasp
66-1120597113

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 am

People are so judgemental, its ridiculous sometimes. The only people who can have a fair shout in this matter are the people close to him. his family, his friends, his team mates, his manager, his physio etc. Those are the people who see the complete picture, not the ones who are miles away from him and certainly not the ones who, the only things they know about him are his shirt number and the amount of money he earns a week. Let the people who matter pass judgement. If Rafa feels that he has been trying his best and still has alot to contribute and that it was only his bad luck with injuries that has been holding him back, then he will act accordingly in coming out to show his support or offer him a contract extention. If he thinks otherwise, then he his actions within the next 12 months would reflect his thoughts.

Well said.

There's nothing worse for a player than a long injury. Wanting to help and can't doing so. An injury is very frustrating and the fans should support injured players. No matter if they like the player more or they don't like him, fans should support him if there's not evidence of unprofessional behaviour.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:03 pm

Harry's a good player and when he came he scored some good goals in his first season,he was constantly corcked with injuries and when he got back he didnt get time to get his full fitness back before he got injured again.We hav'nt seen the best of him,and he would solve our problems out the left,instead of that useless Zenden.
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:17 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Harry Kewell is a cancer that we can now afford ourselves rid of!  GOODBYE SICKNOTE ...never a player that made me  more unhappy! :rasp

Shocking choice of metaphor there Barry.... Use a bit of tact when you want to slag a player off please!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:36 pm

Harry when 100% fit could potentially become the missing link in us winning the title next year. I understand peoples skepticism when I say potentially but he has shown time and time again when he is fully fit he hasn't lost any of his class, maybe just a bit of pace. I don't need to talk of his Leeds days as he showed at the end of last year in a string of games what he can contribute. He is the type of player who is always up for the big games and has the mental side of his game to match the physical side. I can understand the frustrations with his injuries but hey... its not his fault so lay off him a bit until he is back on the field.

What would we achieve in selling him now ? What sort of money would we make/lose ? Whats the point of selling him for 3/5 mill ? (if we lucky) who should we buy for that sort of money ? Want to buy another squad player for the left wing position ? Maybe we could gamble on another youngster and cross our fingers they come good? Maybe we could just show a bit of faith in one of our own injured players who has shown in the past (admittedly) that he is one of the best left wingers of his generations.

Without the pressures off all these people trying to rush him back so they get their money's worth he has had all the required surgeries and time off to fix the problems he has been carrying for years. How sick would these doubters feel if he went onto another club and showed the form the dancing Portuguese diver has shown this year. (Definitely within his abilities)

In short the potential gains are a lot greater holding onto him than cashing in now. Those doubting should stand by their injured red men till they are fully fit. Judge a player by their performances and not by their injuries !

Rant over
GLB1

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:23 pm

Kewell is/was a good player - but............ he disgraces the number 7 shirt with his attitude. He's far from the only player to have played with an injury is he? And jesus h christ, does the world know when he wants to come off?!?!?!?! :angry:

Sorry, if he was 100% fit it'd be a miracle, it wouldn't last long and pigs'd be flyin.

Best thing he done in the last few seasons was dump that Knob neville on his ar$e at Anfield after the gob$*i*e went stupid at the theatre of wet dreams :p

Its a shame, i honestly believe he had the skill but not the determination or drive or motivation (call it what u will) to succeed with us. I doubt we'll miss him when he's gone, at least no more than we're missin him ALL THIS SEASON!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

I hope he comes back and proves a lot of these naysayers wrong. To question the guy's attitude when he's fought to come back from a potentially crippling injury is just bizarre.

I'd be disappointed if he joined up with the Oz national team in summer, but I back him to be back with a vengeance next term. He's a class act, still only 28, and potentially the most devastating attacking player we have when his fitness and form are right. I just hope we see it soon.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:56 am

could be back in two weeks for the wigan game

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....+LATICS
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:56 pm

Even the Kewell who had left his best form in his days playing for Leeds United is miles better than Gonzalez.

If he's fit, he'll surely give us some extra cutting edge but looking at his performances since he played in the EPL, I don't think he will ever recapture his Leeds United form for us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion