Guillem balague on sky's revista

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 pm

If he was the pacy replacement for Bellamy, I'd be very happy

But, look mates, I can see a 4th game away, failing two glorious chances, his hands in his face and this kind of posts

"He's not good enough. He'll never be. Bring Owen" by Stu.

"Yet another Spaniard that didn't cut to the English pace and physicallity". by 45 or 46 posters

"I told you he's cráp" by the lad who say who was happy with his signing up.

I do like Spaniards doing well in my club, you always have that sort of "pride" as a 7th or 8th value, but he's not going to be the man that will put Spanish strikers in a good position.

I mean.

Look again at his face. He won't be ever be a man.  :D

Seriously, he has pace. He has dribbling, and he shoots strongly. But he hasn't Owen's movements, and he's not a clinical finisher.  He hesitates in one on ones, and often kicks it hard to "see what happens".

If you go through two defenders, and then you don't finnish, you have the people in the stands stand up, but then dissapointed. That's my prediction for him. Yes, he will score but... he is not the kind of striker you've been wishing. Even Eto'o is not a great finisher for that matter (but he is better), but at least he's tougher and have better movements. I'd honestly bring football-wise Owen rather than Torres if the docs at Melwood say there's not problems with injuries.

The problem with Torres is that when he has the ball he only sees the goal. Villa is direct aswell, but Villa delivers, so that's ok. But Torres is the kind of striker that do not see what's happening around him.

I'm concerned. I wish he proves me wrong and you can laugh at my prediction, as that will mean success for Liverpool, but I'm concerned if this is true.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:06 pm

The Echo tonight says Torres is Rafa's No. 1 target.

I'd well have him instead of Bent.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:13 pm

Sabre wrote:If he was the pacy replacement for Bellamy, I'd be very happy

But, look mates, I can see a 4th game away, failing two glorious chances, his hands in his face and this kind of posts

"Yet another Spaniard that didn't cut to the English pace and physicallity". by 45 or 46 posters

I do like Spaniards doing well in my club, you always have that sort of "pride" as a 7th or 8th value, but he's not going to be the man that will put Spanish strikers in a good position.

I mean.

Seriously, he has pace. He has dribbling, and he shoots strongly. But he hasn't Owen's movements, and he's not a clinical finisher.  He hesitates in one on ones, and often kicks it hard to "see what happens".

If you go through two defenders, and then you don't finnish, you have the people in the stands stand up, but then dissapointed. That's my prediction for him. Yes, he will score but... he is not the kind of striker you've been wishing. Even Eto'o is not a great finisher for that matter (but he is better), but at least he's tougher and have better movements. I'd honestly bring football-wise Owen rather than Torres if the docs at Melwood say there's not problems with injuries.

The problem with Torres is that when he has the ball he only sees the goal. Villa is direct aswell, but Villa delivers, so that's ok. But Torres is the kind of striker that do not see what's happening around him.

I'm concerned. I wish he proves me wrong and you can laugh at my prediction, as that will mean success for Liverpool, but I'm concerned if this is true.

Every attribute of Torres' that SABRE mentions reminds me of someone:

???  ???

Do we really want to see Rafa blow megabucks on bringing another Baros to the club?

I am not trying to write Torres off as a Liverpool player before we even sign him (if we do) and yes with better quality players and training staff around him he may improve but at the £20m+ being bandied about it does seem a very big risk that could be avoided.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Beerbaron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 pm

Yeah but i think torres needs to be challanged,hes not getting that at Ath.anymore.He knows hes playing in a team thats never going to seriously be compeating for trophies+that has to be on hes mind.8yrs since they qualified for europe.Liverpool can give him that.I hope,outside him the only other one id even consider is Owen.Eto to sulky,villa id say would be another Morinetas,Bent just no..Milato..needs another season,to much money to risk after 1 good year.To me there the top 4 around.
Unless you can get hold of the man Henry:laugh:
Beerbaron

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 pm

No deal.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:22 pm

If it's the Prem we want then we shouldn't be too bothered with Garcia going.

He's far too inconsistent. Over a season he gives the ball away far more often than
he creates/scores goals.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 pm

Do we really want to see Rafa blow megabucks on bringing another Baros to the club?

He's better than Baros to be honest, better dribbling, doesn't go to the wings when he has a centre back waiting him as Baros did (not direct player), but he isn't a finisher. He'll score more goals because he creates more danger, but he'll waste countless chances.

The problem is the price. WE're going to pay too much for what we're going to receive.

Being positive, maybe it's true we're megarich, and Torres is the pacy option, and then we sign up Owen aswell to finish :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Sabre wrote:If he was the pacy replacement for Bellamy, I'd be very happy

I mean.

Every attribute of Torres' that SABRE mentions reminds me of someone:

???  ???

I am not trying to write Torres off as a Liverpool player before we even sign him (if we do) and yes with better quality players and training staff around him he may improve but at the £20m+ being bandied about it does seem a very big risk that could be avoided.

Holy sh.1t, your spot on Rushie, I knew Torres reminded me of someone  :(

Everthing Sabre said is what I think, no ar5e kissin but I agree with everythin the lad says on the Torres front.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:02 am

he is 23... one of the hottest prospects in europe... a regular starter for his country (which by the way includes many brilliant forwards with massive rep.s) and some say hes not worth 17mill ?!

i thought any side who would buy him would have to fork out around 25mill so 17 and garcia isnt bad at all !

he has the skills...he can dribble past defenders....he has a good shot on him... he has all what it takes to become a brilliant striker... his goal record is not bad... average i would say but mostly because of the supply he gets not because he cant find the net when chances come his way... i think he has what it takes to score 20+ goals a season and id bet on that !

not many strikers out there with the abilities he has... exactly what we need upfront ! someone who is direct...can go at defenders and hit the target ! he'll be massive for us ! he gets many fouls outside the box and many penalties which is always good and is pretty good in the air....
definitely has what it takes to make it in the prem...

nothing like baros...different kind of player all together ! you wanna compare him to someone...compare to Kluivert when he was at Barcelona...expect weaker in the air and faster when on the ball !

quality...if we cant get owen,tevez,villa,etoo... he is as good as we can afford, simple as ! and we wouldnt be settling !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:07 am

well...much to sabre's delight !

Atletico ready to thwart Liverpool's pursuit of Torres
By Andy Hunter
Published: 21 June 2007
The Premiership elite are facing another summer of frustration in their attempts to lure Fernando Torres to England, with Atletico Madrid refusing to countenance the sale of their talismanic captain.

Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been strongly linked with the 23-year-old forward who has a €40m [£26.9m] release clause in his contract and is considering finally severing his allegiance to his boyhood club following their failure to qualify for the Uefa Cup next season.

Rafael Benitez has reportedly made Torres his primary target as the Liverpool manager seeks a high-profile goalscorer to rectify the shortcomings he believes were responsible for defeat in the European Cup final. However, £28m is beyond the budget of the new American owners George Gillet and Tom Hicks as Benitez looks to strengthen in several departments this summer and Atletico have informed the Anfield club that Torres is not for sale. The Spanish club are expected this afternoon to state publicly their intention of retaining the Spanish international.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:23 am

Sabre ballsey analysis well done.  Rushie9 the bearer of good news.  Scary thread guys, hope we dont spent another 27 mio to bring Baros back!!

Watch the DVD Road to Istanbul again at the number of missed chances by Baros (and his mate Garcia I might add).

Seems those hairbands kinda designate a poor finisher.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:37 am

i guess itz all up to Torres...if he wants to come to liverpool , his club Atlectico cannot do anything'
I don't mind him joining us , that shows rafa has faith in his potential and i guess everybody knows he has potentials , seen few of his clips on his finishing , he can place the ball , lob the keeper but sometimes he just blast it , yet he could do the other things. About his movement , he's not that kinda striker where they stand in lines with the defence waiting for the right thru ball , i don't think rafa prefer that kind of striker. He would prefer someone to work hard someone like torres.

If he stays , i wonder why .....that much loyalty for his home club...??

He got my respect !!

All i'm hoping for rite now is that muthafarka forlan won't be joining us :O
Elchris

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:38 am

1 Tevez
2 Henry
3 Villa
4 Eto'o
5 Owen
6 Torres

Milito

Bent

Forlan

I would prefer Torres to Milito, Forlan and Bent of the ones we have been rumoured to be interested in, of the ones its likely we could get I would go for Owen. If I had the choice I would go for Tevez.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:42 am

Anything below £17m and I wouldn't be too unhappy, anything above and I'd be concerned, anything like the £25m+ quoted and I'd be very concerned.

All in all, if he was available for £15m I would say OK give the guy a chance as the risk is not too high, I can't imagine he's as bad as Cisse.

I trust Sabre's appraisal since he is more aware of what goes on in Spain, technically a good player but without game intelligence.
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:43 am

s@int wrote:1 Tevez
2 Henry
3 Villa
4 Eto'o
5 Owen
6 Torres

Milito

Bent

Forlan

I would prefer Torres to Milito, Forlan and Bent of the ones we have been rumoured to be interested in, of the ones its likely we could get I would go for Owen. If I had the choice I would go for Tevez.

1)henry
2)owen
3)etoo
4)tevez
5)villa
6)torres
7)trezeguet

milito,forlan and bent are all no nos for me... too expensive and wont offer much !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion