Torres interview with balague - Regarding transfer spec.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 am

Sabre wrote:Very interesting read indeed. It's good to know unsung people like Xavi Valero provide that kid of relevant and useful information to our players.

To be perfectly honest mates

“I guess it is probably because of these characteristics that the majority think they can solve problems by getting tough with me.

“But the truth is most of them lack defensive positioning as a result of their reliance on strength and aggression and leave so much space for you to take advantage of.”

I'm completely shocked with this statement.  :oh:

I for one think that the level of CB in England is outstanding, much better than in Spain. I say that as honestly as I say that the goalkeeping I see in England is quite poor.

Even a CB you probably didn't like much like Kvarme, when he came to Spain was  good for the standard of the Liga.

I thought Torres might say something along the lines that the less interruptions and more continuous game in England benefits his game (I think this is true), but I'd never expect him doubting about the positional strenghth of their rivals. Shocking, to be honest.

Th0e standard of defending is higher in la liga without a doubt, especially amongst the smaller teams. I agree with every word with what Torres says
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Scolari to break record
EXCLUSIVE by ROB BEASLEY

LUIZ FELIPE SCOLARI is ready to smash the UK transfer record with a £40million bid for Liverpool’s Fernando Torres.

New Chelsea boss ‘Big Phil’ (right) is determined to test the resolve of Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett with the sort of offer they can’t refuse.

He will make room for the Spanish star by using Didier Drogba as part of the deal to take Deco from Barcelona to Stamford Bridge.

Then Scolari will go all-out to snatch Torres, who enhanced his reputation with Spain’s opener against Sweden yesterday.

Battle
The move for the man who scored 33 goals for Liverpool last season has already been discussed with Roman Abramovich, who has instructed Peter Kenyon to test the Reds’ resolve.

Kenyon wants to exploit the unrest on Merseyside between the Americans, who backed Kop boss Rafael Benitez with the £21.5m to sign the Spanish striker last summer.

Scolari is encouraged by reports that the Torres camp has privately admitted the 24-year-old would be interested in a switch to Stamford Bridge.

A Chelsea insider revealed: “Scolari is well aware it will be a real battle to try to get Torres out of Liverpool.

“But he’s ready to make the sort of bid that will make even the Americans sit up and take notice.

“Obviously he knows that Liverpool don’t want to sell one of their star assets but he still believes he can exploit the trouble and turmoil at Anfield to get his man.”

Yes i know its from a :censored: paper buy hey if it was used by SG to print his book.

I just hate the fact that they might be right that you could wave money in front of the yanks right now and they will take your hand off.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Feckin bullsh!t , not worth the post lakes honestly.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Feckin bullsh!t , not worth the post lakes honestly.

I think you are right but the bit that i put at the bottom about money i feel is 100% true.
the way we stand right now there is a lot on money in the club (the players) what a easy way to to make money, sell your top playes ended up with 100mil and say to Rafa here your are have 50 mil to spend.
It would be a sad day if that even happend.
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:16 pm

"Scolari is encouraged by reports that the Torres camp has privately admitted the 24-year-old would be interested in a switch to Stamford Bridge."

WTF?
:angry:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Torres is going nowhere.

If he can't play for us, he'll play for no one.

We own him, we love him, and will never grant him a divorce....I mean transfer.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:11 pm

torres himself is in love with this club ..he's goin nowhere
u chelsea as.sholes
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion