Gillett interview on a local radio station

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:27 am

sorry wrong post
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Yeah, the thing that many people don't realise about making death threats is that although they may be just having a laugh, the people picking the phone up on the other end don't know that.

C*nts all, as far as I'm concerned. Ashamed that people supporting my club would even think about stooping to that.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Not being sarky like Ivor but hes sayin people phoned his mobile and called him up in the middle of the night how the hell did fans get his mobile number. Im finding that hard to believe lad. In one sentence hes sayin hes scared and the next hes saying hes coming to the Arsenal game with his son.

If i was recieving death threats and im living the other side of the world to those supposed to me making them. Why after comin out with it am i gonna go and mix with them same people. Id stay away. i dont know something stinks about this whole interview
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:35 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Not being sarky like Ivor but hes sayin people phoned his mobile and called him up in the middle of the night how the hell did fans get his mobile number. Im finding that hard to believe lad. In one sentence hes sayin hes scared and the next hes saying hes coming to the Arsenal game with his son.

If i was recieving death threats and im living the other side of the world to those supposed to me making them. Why after comin out with it am i gonna go and mix with them same people. Id stay away. i dont know something stinks about this whole interview

so you think it's staged Nanny?

My opinion is that even if it was it doesn't matter... what we now know officially is Gillett and Hicks don't see eye to eye... and if i have to pick my poison it will be Gillett... purely because Hicks is just a dumb egocentric bullcrap spouting lier... even if Gillett is not too innocent, he will now be alot more careful about the situation and according to him he's trying to make ammends for the mistakes that hicks/ and or both of them did... so that's good by me
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm

maguskwt wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Not being sarky like Ivor but hes sayin people phoned his mobile and called him up in the middle of the night how the hell did fans get his mobile number. Im finding that hard to believe lad. In one sentence hes sayin hes scared and the next hes saying hes coming to the Arsenal game with his son.

so you think it's staged Nanny?

My opinion is that even if it was it doesn't matter... what we now know officially is Gillett and Hicks don't see eye to eye... and if i have to pick my poison it will be Gillett... purely because Hicks is just a dumb egocentric bullcrap spouting lier... even if Gillett is not too innocent, he will now be alot more careful about the situation and according to him he's trying to make ammends for the mistakes that hicks/ and or both of them did... so that's good by me

I dont trust any of them its always before a big game one of them makes an appearence, I do believe theve fell out and cant work on destroying our club together anymore ,

If the deadline has passed with Hicks buying his half why doesnt he just now sell to DIC. Im just hoping this is the real reason hes coming on Tuesday then that will be one down one to go. I hate them with a passion like ive never hated before.

Hes the one sayin about the phone calls sayin most of them where directed at Hicks who is the eviler of the two so put it this way if fans can get gillettes mobile number and make these threats how come nothing has been said by Hicks abar anyone phoning him.

What i cant get me head around he says he been recieving death threats so how come the bizzies havnt traced the phone numbers of the people making them
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 pm

NANNY RED wrote:If the deadline has passed with Hicks buying his half why doesnt he just now sell to DIC. Im just hoping this is the real reason hes coming on Tuesday then that will be one down one to go.

he did say that maybe he'll be looking into buying instead of selling his share... now what I suspect that he might not be 'buying' perse but he might just combine with DIC to kick Hicks out. So instead of DIC buying his shares, they will now buy out Hick's shares... and he also said things are at a condition where it's better not to comment so that might mean that the nature of the takeover has actually changed...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:32 pm

sorry out of topic but :censored:... arsenal came from 2-0 down and 1 man down to 2-2... :(
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:12 pm

based on listening to the actual interview, it didn't seem to me that Gillett had any idea it was going to ring any louder than those canadian listeners who would have been interested in the Canadians who are doing very well and the possible MLS team in Montreal in 3-4 years time.  He seemed very frustrated that he was asked questions about LFC and although he knows he had to speak carefully, it certainly did not seem like any kind of strategic play like has been suggested.

I don't think he really belives that someone would kill him, but it is still chilling nonetheless.  I think he said he is going to the game because he MIGHT not own the club for much longer, so he might as well get the most enjoyment out of it as possible instead of worrying all the time
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:37 pm

JoeTerp wrote:based on listening to the actual interview, it didn't seem to me that Gillett had any idea it was going to ring any louder than those canadian listeners who would have been interested in the Canadians who are doing very well and the possible MLS team in Montreal in 3-4 years time.  He seemed very frustrated that he was asked questions about LFC and although he knows he had to speak carefully, it certainly did not seem like any kind of strategic play like has been suggested.

I don't think he really belives that someone would kill him, but it is still chilling nonetheless.  I think he said he is going to the game because he MIGHT not own the club for much longer, so he might as well get the most enjoyment out of it as possible instead of worrying all the time

Joe i see what you saying mate but hes had all season to come the games and enjoy it :p out of the blue he does an interview in Canada and just lets slip after havin death threats that hes coming over for the Arsenal game, Its the first time hes opened his mouth in all this carry on.

I can feel it in me waters somethings goin on . Wether hes been told to stay quiet by Dic and when the time is right give us a bit of hope that Hicks is goin by finaly opening his mouth i dont know but i canot wait for Wed cause i think its all gonna kick off again
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:39 pm

on CNN last night they said that Gillett feel that Hicks is just holding out to wind up the Liverpool Fans, he said that Hicks has done this before and he should have known better before working with him.

they said that Gillett will now look to buy out the club with money that might come from DIC before selling the whole club to them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:52 pm

lakes10 wrote:on CNN last night they said that Gillett feel that Hicks is just holding out to wind up the Liverpool Fans, he said that Hicks has done this before and he should have known better before working with him.

they said that Gillett will now look to buy out the club with money that might come from DIC before selling the whole club to them.

:nod thought of weeks ago by them with a little stake for Gillette
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 pm

But surley Hicks is going to hold out for a ridiculous offer?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:10 pm

The most important observation from the interview was Gillett making it clear enough that Hicks wouldn't be able to attain a controlling stake in the club. He made it clear that their relationship was unsustainable, and that selling to him was an 'untenable alternative'. From his opening comments, it would appear that a deal is in the offing (with who is the question - but one assumes DIC), so if his words are to be trusted, it would seem to be a very positive development. FWIW, he comes across as much the more genuine of the two, he seemed sincere enough in the interview and if Bad Bob (and his Canadian compatriots) are saying he's sound, I'll take his (their) word for it.
LFC2007

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:22 pm

LFC2007 wrote:The most important observation from the interview was Gillett making it clear enough that Hicks wouldn't be able to attain a controlling stake in the club. He made it clear that their relationship was unsustainable, and that selling to him was an 'untenable alternative'. From his opening comments, it would appear that a deal is in the offing (with who is the question - but one assumes DIC), so if his words are to be trusted, it would seem to be a very positive development. FWIW, he comes across as much the more genuine of the two, he seemed sincere enough in the interview and if Bad Bob (and his Canadian compatriots) are saying he's sound, I'll take his (their) word for it.

Cheers mate but I was just passing along information.  Not much of hockey fan myself so I've not paid any attention whatsoever to how he's done with the Canadiens.  The few comments I have heard, however, have been positive and the lads on the sports program the other night certainly gave the impression that they have a lot of respect for Gillett and what he's done with the Canadiens.  FWIW, they also mentioned a rumour that he had been on the inside track to buy the Dallas Cowboys way back in the day but had recommended to their board that they sell to Jerry Jones instead.  The rationale was that Jones was a Texan and the Cowboy fans would accept him a lot better than Gillett.  He apparently tried to do the same with the Canadiens but there was no Montreal/Quebecois businessman who was prepared to take a punt.  So, he stepped in and bought the team with the understanding that he was an outsider that would have to work hard to win the fans over (which he has done).  Again, this is just what I heard on the sportstalk show the other night so take it all with a grain of salt.  If even remotely true, however, I think it demonstrates that he has a lot better appreciation for the supporters than his pard'ner.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm surprised this whole thing has been such a mess.

Gillett usually moves smoothly over rough patches.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion